"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fryeburg Fair, Hiding, New Car & Dog Water Drinking

23 Months & 3 Weeks

This is going to be a boring blog.  I took a total of 3 pictures this past week!  WHAT?  Just terrible.  I was pretty busy.

Last Friday consisted of meeting Mom, Shannon & Fin at a thrift store in Tilton and got a few things for the boys.  Ty was an animal and took out about every toy that the store had and played with them – and then I had to figure out where they had been!  We went grocery shopping and then got Ty down for a nap.  It was a little late, but he made up for it by sleeping for 3.5 hours!  It is just wonderful when that happens!  I can’t help but think that I will not have that time to myself anymore coming up very soon! (=  I can’t think of much else that happened.

On Sabbath I worked and Heath & Ty had a day at home.  Again, I can’t think of too much that happened – or that was reported to me.  Except that my Uncle Kevin Wall had a heart attack.  He had a 100% blockage in one of his arteries.  They were able to stent it and the damage was minimal, but it was very scary nonetheless.  So glad he is OK.  God is good.

On Sunday I worked again and Heath & Ty headed to the Fryeburg Fair with the Edwards clan & extended family of about 20 people or so.  Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate and it rained pretty hard most of the day – but it is the fair, and we go whether it rains or shines.  Ty had a great time and went around in the backpack with Heath, but also walked around a bit too.  Heath said that he bolted a few times though, and one of the times – he completely biffed it and did a face plant in the dirt.  He scraped up his nose and chin, but only a little bit.  My poor little man.  After work, I ran to the pharmacies and did wicked good.  I hit the candy jackpot by getting 10 snack packs (which has 6 snack-sized candy bars in them) for $0.25 each!  I got 2 bottles of Robitussin (usually $7.49) for $0.49 each!  I also got 2 Lysol toilet bowl cleaners for $0.49 each.  I got free sore throat drops and had my second $0.00 balance at Rite Aid!  Very good week.  What also was good was watching the Patriots kill the Buffalo Bills after a terribly slow start in.  I had found out at 6:30 PM while I was working what the outcome of the game was.  I was off the floor in 15 more minutes – it was so frustrating.  It was by a patient’s family member, you can’t blame them, but it still stinks.

On Monday a couple cute things happened in the AM.  First of all, Ty continued his asking for “help” when he was eating his yogurt.  He feeds himself, but then he has trouble getting the last bit of the yogurt out of the bowl and I always help him at the end.  Well, he asked me himself this time!  It was really cute.  Then after breakfast, I caught him getting into the can cabinet (I haven’t made it a complete taboo thing, since he hasn’t thrown any cans at the dogs YET).  It was funny, when I caught him – I must have given him a look, because he ended up ducking behind one of his toys to try to hide himself!  I just laughed and laughed.  What a rascal.  On Monday afternoon, Mom, Ty & I went to Manchester.  We went to Goodwill and then to Chipotle.  We noticed that Ty was extra good – I was wondering if it was because Ty was alone with us and Finley wasn’t there.  He probably acts out a bit to get our attention.  That is not a great thought when thinking of what his behavior might be when his little brother is born.  Speaking of which, I had another appointment and it went fine.  I gained another 3 pounds, the baby’s heartbeat was 140’s, and I measured just fine.  So I don’t have another appointment for another month and will have another ultrasound at that time to check on my fluid.  Time is flying by!

Right before he ducked behind the toy!

On Tuesday Ty & I had laundry day and I was working on a sewing project.  I must have been pretty busy since I don’t remember anything else and, again, I didn’t take any pictures!

On Wednesday I worked and Ty & Noni had their day together.  They went shopping in Concord and Poppy joined them.  They went for ice-cream and gave Ty a small amount of vanilla frozen yogurt, which he loved!  Mom had bought something for Finley for her birthday and Ty “helped” pick it out.  Tyson insisted on holding it on his lap on the way home in the car and Mom was worried what would happen when Ty sees this present again in Finley Mae’s possession! (=  On Wednesday night, Ty went down to Manchester with Heath & Adam and Heath bought a new car!  Very exciting!  I had been fighting this decision for awhile, but finally decided it was the right one to make.  Heath is driving over 100 miles a day, so he needs a reliable car and a car that is good on gas mileage.  The Honda was neither.  Well, it was over 10 years old and needed quite a bit of work done on it that we had put off.  I really want a van, but I agreed that we don’t necessarily need a van when we have only 2 kids.  But the plan is to get a van (and trade the Outback in) when and if we have the 3rd kid.  So Heath was set on getting a diesel Passat, which my parents just bought a few weeks back.  Heath drove it once and he was completely sold.  It does have an incredibly large trunk for a sedan and there is actually more room in the back seat then the Outback, which is unbelievable.  And the best selling factor is that it gets an average of 45 miles to the gallon!  So he wheeled and dealed and got a great deal on a 2013, with a great financing rate.  And the best part, they took the Honda for $1700, which we were thrilled at.  The good news is that the truck is paid off and we are half-way through paying off the Outback, so it isn’t a terrible time to buy a new car… but it is still hard to swallow the money. 
This our color - silver gray metallic

On Thursday I was very thankful that Ty was wiped out from being in Manchester until nearly 10 PM the night before, and slept in his crib all the way until 9:30 AM!  I was thankful because I was up to 3 AM sewing.  I was pretty tired!  Ty & I went to the grocery shopping and then packed up in the afternoon.  We needed to be all packed and ready to go because we were going with Shannon, Mom & Dad, & Devin & Leigh to the fair on Friday AM first thing and staying in Conway all weekend.  One crazy thing that Ty did on Thursday was “drink” out of the dog water!  He really didn’t drink it, but he put his hand in it and then licked his hand!!!!  What a crazy boy!  On Thursday night, Heath picked up the car after work (they wouldn’t let him take it home the night before) and then we went to a restaurant in Bristol called “The Homestead” for my Dad’s 60th birthday celebration!  All of our immediate family was there and we had a great time!  I brought my camera with all intent of taking many shots, but I was devastated to find out that I had forgotten to put the memory card back in!  We got back a bit late and then I was up until 3 AM again sewing.  I was on a deadline!  I hope you have a great week!

I really don't make Ty wear a helmet while he is riding his toy ATV!!  But he put on the helmet and got on the ATV by himself and it looked too perfect!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I feel bad you stayed up so late sewing, but the quilt is amazing and I was so surprised by it. I love it so much!! Thank you so much!!