"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Finley Scare, Cream Colic, Music Clinic, Grabbing His Bird & Tyson Tattletaling

Wes:  20 Weeks Old
Ty:  2 Years, 5 Months & 3 Weeks Old

I just hate being 3 weeks behind on the blog!  I feel it looming over my head and I can’t relax until it is done!  I hope to stay short and sweet and get them done in no time! 

Friday, April 5, Shannon had a class and it was my time to baby-sit all three kids, since Noni was in Freeport, being a sponsor at Music Clinic.  I have to say that I was a bit apprehensive about this, but I was pleasantly surprised.  I actually told Heath that night, “We can totally have 3 kids, it was a breeze!”  Well, it was a breeze until I nearly killed Finley.  Literally.  Thank goodness this happened after Shannon had already gotten back.  We were hanging out and Ty was eating lunch.  I had peeled an orange for him and was giving him pieces.  Not even thinking about it, I gave Finley a piece – just like I had been doing to Ty.  It was a pretty big orange and she tried to eat the whole piece at once.  Shannon looked over at Fin and realized that she was choking.  This was the real deal.  She could not make any noise, she was not coughing – she was just wide-eyed in terror.  Shannon started hitting her on her back and after she started hitting her, Fin started to make some type of sounds.  I pried her mouth open to see if I saw anything.  If you see something, you are supposed to try and grab it.  I saw it – the orange...way, way back in her throat.  I grabbed it, but she was kind of fighting us...and it went back down.  Again, she could not make any noise at all...and Shannon and I were both hitting her back until she made some sounds again.  Shannon tried to grab the orange, but the same thing happened...it went back down again.  Again, she could not make any noises...so I ran to get my phone to call 911.  But then Shannon got it up enough again, because Fin was making noises again...so I opened her mouth, saw the piece and this time I was finally able to get it out of her mouth.  I have never felt such relief in my life.  Seriously, it was probably one of the scariest moments of my life.  I really felt like my niece was dying in front of me and it would have been my fault.  All I can say is, thank you, Lord for saving Finley!  Everything that happened that day pales in comparison to that incident.  But I do have to mention that I have jumped on the Pinterest bandwagon and tried my first recipe that night and made Creamy Spinach Enchiladas.  They were amazing, but Westin was up crying and colicky most of the night.  I wasn’t sure what had done it.  At that point.    

The 2 punks

Thank goodness she is OK!

Trying out the trampoline together = danger!

That Sabbath we got up very early and headed over to Freeport, Maine for the annual Music Clinic at Pine Tree.  Shawn was preaching for the Clinic, so that was exciting and Mia was in the youth choir.  It has become something of a family reunion for the past few years – so much so that even Corey & the kids came from Florida!  Aunt Melanie rented this great house on the ocean again – it is great for getting everyone together.  Just like at Nova Scotia, Ty clammed right up at first.  There were all the little cousins, running around...and where was Ty?  Playing alone in a room with a doll.  Oh my.  Thank goodness that seemed to be short-lived and he was much more interactive by the end of the day.  It was great to see everyone and it was especially nice to get Wes & Caleb together.  They were super cute together!  I hope we can get those boys together more often.  After sundown, we checked into our motel room and then we had planned to head back to the school for the evening concert.  It became obvious that the boys (Ty especially) were completely pooped.  Being the music lover that I am, I really wanted to go to the concert and Sonia knew that.  She was staying with us, because she had a teacher’s meeting the next day in Portland.  So she offered to stay with the boys and let us have a date night out.  I jumped at that chance, let me tell you!  I was trying to remember the last date night we had, but I really can’t.  No idea.  The first part of the date was a joke, since Heath ditched me to go with Sean to LL Bean!!!!  Our first date in probably a year and he left me for another man!!! (=  Well, at least he met me at the concert and then we went to McDonald’s after for some fries and a milkshake afterwards, just the two of us.  Good times.  The good times were short-lived, when Westin was up crying and colicky again for most of the night.  I felt terrible for Sonia, who had to hear all of it.  A bit of the mystery became solved when I realized that I had cream both nights in a row.  There was heavy cream in the spinach enchiladas and there was, obviously, ice-cream in the milkshake.  Hmmm...

Matching hats with Uncle Charlie

Playing outside after lunch on Sabbath

Wes & Caleb

Too bad Wes was not looking

All the cousins (minus Wes, who was sleeping)

Posing on the top of the couch

Went for a walk in the afternoon down by the ocean 

Caleb staying warm with his mama!

Ty was DONE that night in the motel

Date night out to Mickey D's!

On that Sunday, we got up early to eat breakfast with my extended fam at 9:00 AM. A bit early for our kids, but we made it happen...be it about 15-20 minutes late.  We said goodbye to all the posse after that and then headed for some shopping.  We hit up Babies ‘R’ Us, Mardens, and Goodwill.  Heath was sweet enough to let me go to Goodwill by myself while he took both boys to Cabela’s with him.  I’m never in a store by myself...let alone a Goodwill...so that was heavenly.  Speaking of heavenly, we went to our favorite, Macaroni Grill for supper...just the 4 of us, and then Sonia joined us at the end, after she had gotten out of her meeting.  Westin had a milestone while we were at the Macaroni Grill!  He grabbed his little bird that hangs on his car seat carrier and pulled it down for the first time!  We were so proud of him!  After supper, we drove to the Edwards’ house after that to pick up the puppies before going home, since Adam was watching them for the weekend.  We got home at about 9:00 or so, dead tired from a busy weekend.

The moment of grabbing his bird!

On that Monday, we stayed at home and unpacked from the weekend most of the day.  Tyson was naughty right off the bat at breakfast that day.  For some weird reason, he decided that he would rather make abstract art with his yogurt instead of eating it.  It got everywhere.  I took a picture, but I swear...it did not do it justice.  Immediate time-out for that one.  Another ridiculous thing happened at lunch (why do all these things happen at meal-times?).  Ty made a big stink to have a fruit cup.  I got him one (for dessert) and he proceeded to drink the fruit juice that was in the bottom of the cup and then flat-out refuse to take a bite of any of the fruit!!!!  So frustrating.  I also got a sneak-peak of what is to come with having two boys.  Westin (very innocently) grabbed a fistful of Tyson’s hair and then Ty told on Wes!!!! 

Yogurt art

They do really get along so well (for now)

That Tuesday, I started getting our clothes together for our trip to Florida and we went on some errands.  That night we went to the Mexican restaurant, just the 4 of us.  We were leaving for Florida on Friday, so we wanted to have the car packed on Thursday night – so we decided to eat out on Tuesday instead. 

Trying out shades for Florida

Messing around while packing


That Wednesday I worked and I don’t recall anything of great importance that was reported to me!

On that Thursday, we finished packing most everything...but we didn’t get the car loaded that night.  What do they say about the best laid plans?  Well, 1 week down!  2 more to go!

RANDOM PICS


No comments: