"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Thursday, May 2, 2013

Lonely Wes, "Big Boy", Blanket Obsession & Scary Shadows


Wes:  22 Weeks Old 
Ty:  2 Years, 6 Months & 1 Week Old

This is going to be a short recap, since the Friday, Saturday & Sunday of this week was already recapped because it was part of our vacation.  So…short & sweet!

Last Monday, the boys were beat after our drive back from Florida!  Wes slept until after 9 AM and Tyson didn’t wake up until 10 AM!  As I was carrying Tyson down the stairs, after he had woken up, he started to have a bird.  He wanted to bring his blanket down to my room.  I was still nursing Wes, so Ty usually chills with us in the bed until he fully wakes up.  I told him, “You don’t need your blanket.  Mama has blankets.”  I put him down in our bedroom and he gave me a defiant look and left.  I knew just what he was doing!  He went up the stairs, grabbed his blanket, and dragged it down the stairs and brought it into our bedroom with a triumphant look.  What a rascal!  As you could probably tell, I haven’t been locking the gates anymore.  He can do the stairs perfectly up and down… I mean, there is always a chance for an accident, but I can trip going down the stairs too…so you can’t keep him cooped up forever!  Something that was cute was Ty was looking at pictures from our trip on the computer with me and then he started singing.  He was singing “It’s a Small World!”  What a smart boy!  In the afternoon, I was able to get both boys in to see our doctor.  I wanted to have Ty’s ear rechecked and to see if we could stop the antibiotic, since his diarrhea was still horrible and I felt like I couldn’t keep giving him Imodium indefinitely.  I also wanted Wes checked out because he had had a cold in Florida (very mild) but he had started pulling at his ears and screaming on Friday.  Thank goodness, Wes and Ty both had beautiful ears!!!  She gave us permission to stop Ty’s antibiotics and I am so grateful I didn’t have to give Westin one!  I am going to be paranoid to start any antibiotics on Wes, because of Tyson’s allergies.  Not looking forward to that one!  Wes was probably pulling at his ears in the car in major frustration saying, “Get me out of this car seat!!!!!!”  I did notice something a bit distressing with Westin on Monday.  He cried most of the day.  I figured out the problem pretty fast.  Wes had been held literally non-stop for over a week.  On vacation, we don’t have a swing or a bouncer etc…so you carry him and hold him all the time.  Also, we go out to eat all the time and hold him there!  At home, I have to cook supper and then clean up etc.. and unpack from a week away!  He was down-right lonely!  Poor guy.  If I kept him right beside me, then it seemed to help.  But not a whole lot.

Hanging (happily) in the bouncer for now

On Tuesday we continued the unpacking process.  It is hard to get a lot done with two little ones needing a lot of attention, but we made it happen.  Quite a few cute things happened.  Tyson found the Children’s Advil in my toiletry bag that I was trying to unpack and he grabbed it and tried desperately to get it open.
Me:  “What are you doing?”
Ty:  “Ty sick.”
Me:  “No, Ty.  You are doing better.  You don’t need medicine.”
Ty:  “No, Ty sick.  Yummy tummy.”
Maybe he was still feeling under the weather – or still tired out from the trip because he took a 4 hour nap that day!!!!  I don’t think he has ever done that (or probably will again)!!!!  At lunch, Ty started crying, “Big boy…big boy…big boy!”  This was because he didn’t want me to cut up his corn dog and he wanted to eat it off the stick!  So I let him and he did great!  During story time that night, Tyson, again, insisted on going into his room and getting his blanket.  Heath was saying, “Don’t worry about it!”  And Ty said, “Blanket…sleep…cuddle” and put an imaginary blanket up to his face!!!!  It was very cute.  What was hilarious was when Heath was messing around with Tyson and was hiding his binky from him and pretended to have it in his mouth (when he was just kind of biting it).  Ty got the binky back and said, “Wipe, wipe” and had a disgusted look on his face!  He wanted to wipe the binky off because it had been in Heath’s mouth! (=  I guess he is taking after my germophobe sister! 

On Wednesday I went back to work for the first time in 2 weeks.  Wouldn’t you know it…I swear the kids have a sixth sense about these things.  Both boys were up at the crack of dawn, unfortunately.  Ty was up at 6:30 AM, I convinced him to go back to sleep but he was up for good at 7 AM.  I asked him if he had a bad dream and he said, “No.”  I asked him if he was scared and he said, “Yes.”  Later I asked him if he was still scared and he said, “No.”  So I guess he really was scared!  Of what, I’m not sure.  Noni had a great day with the boys and they played outside for over 2 hours.  It was gorgeous weather and they had a blast.

On Thursday we puttered around the house.  There were quite a few cute things… First of all, I noticed Westy doing this arm thing.  When he gets excited or frustrated…he takes his arm (usually his left arm – not sure if there is a reason for that) and just lifts it up and puts it down and lifts it up and puts it down non-stop.  Not really sure what that is about – nervous tic?  This exchange with Ty was cute.
Me:  “Who is the big boy, you or Westin?”
Ty:  “You!”
Then….I had missed a call from a doctor’s office (I’m trying to get a new PCP for Heath & I)
Me:  “Oh, Ty.  I missed a call from the doctor!”
Ty:  Grabbing the phone and putting it to his ear, “Hi doctor!”
Another thing that was cute (but sad) was that I was picking up my purse from the night before off the counter and putting it away.  Ty misread this and said very sadly, “Bye Mama.”  Poor buddy.  What was really sad was when we were reading this book before his nap.  He has read it probably 30 times, but this time was different.  In the book, it makes a mention of a little bear being scared of a shadow in his room but then the Mama bear helps and puts a night light on.  Wouldn’t you know, he happened to look around his own room and became fixated and freaked out about the shadow that his changing table made.  He started shaking all over, crying, saying, “Scary, scary, scary” and refused to sleep in his room.  I put him in Westin’s room and he went right to sleep.  But the first words out of his mouth when he woke up were, “Sleep Westy’s room.  Ty’s room scary.”  Oh my.  I let it go and we went out to eat at the OG with my parents and the Frosts in celebration of Shannon’s birthday.  We had a nice time, despite the kids being a bit rowdy.  When we got home, Heath tried to show Ty that shadows were just from the lights and showed him the fun shadows you make with your hands on the wall, but he would not be deterred!  The changing table had to be moved out, which we were going to do anyway.  But there was no question who the hero was.  Ty was very excited to show me, “Mama, Daddy fix…shadow gone!”  Super cute.








Wes "talking" up a storm

Have a great week!  It’s such a good feeling to be caught up!
     

No comments: