"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Sunday, July 14, 2013

Wes:  30 Weeks Old

Ty:  2 Years & 8 Months Old

I know, I know…I am about 4 weeks behind on the blog.  This is something that I can’t stand.  I can’t rest with this being so backed up.  I will do my best to get them done, but summer is one busy time!  We have been gone away from home 17 days in the past 4 weeks!  Craziness. 

So…4 weeks ago…was Father’s Day Weekend.  We were going to Conway & Effingham for the weekend.  I spent most of Friday packing up to go (we were leaving on Sabbath morning) and I tried to finish the Father’s Day surprise that I was trying to do for Heath & my father.  The surprise was printing out some pictures of the boys to give to them and let me tell you…that was no easy task.  We went to Walmart and immediately upon getting in the store, Ty announced that he had to go potty.  Well, this was exciting since he never asks to go pee (only poop) and we rushed right into the bathroom.  This is quite fun, since I am carrying the heavy car seat carrier with Wes and holding Ty’s hand.  Why he had to go when we had gone right before we left the house…who knows, but he went.  Fast forward to 30 minutes later, I was trying to figure out the pictures machine – since I haven’t used it in years and crop certain pictures a certain way…when both boys start going berserk.  Westin poops his pants and reeks to the high heavens and Ty starts asking for the potty again.  He had just gone 30 minutes ago!!!  I was sure he was just asking to go because he was getting bored waiting for me, so I didn’t jump right on that request.  Well, he sure showed me.  Ty peed his pants right in the carriage.  Both boys were screaming and I had to just laugh.  What a fiasco.  Friday afternoon marked the beginning of the end of Westin nursing.  He started refusing to breastfeed at his noon or 1 PM feeding.  It is just a matter of time.  I am trying to nurse first thing in the AM and at night when he is sleepy.  We’ll see how long it lasts.  More on the Wes front, he found his scream this Friday.  He would just scream and scream and then laugh at himself!  What a rascal.  Pretty cute, though.  On Friday night, I was up late (as usual) and I found myself feeling really nauseated and that developed into horrific food poisoning from both ends.  Not fun at all, but I just hoped that I would lose some weight in the deal!  The only thing I can attribute it to is grape tomatoes.   I had made this pesto pasta salad and Heath & I had both eaten it, but he avoided the tomatoes and I didn’t.  That is the only thing I ate that he did not. 

I had 2 really cute videos to put on...but they are not working right now


Ty trying on his new headphones - he was watching trucks drag on the computer & thought he needed the headphones!


Playing around while packing to go to Conway

Sabbath morning I was still not myself but at least I was not puking anymore.  I was dragging pretty hard, so our plan of getting the boys to Sabbath School in Conway quickly turned into not even making it for church.  We took our time and then met Heath’s family, including Amanda who was visiting for a month, (and some extended family) and my family at a picnic spot on the Swift River.  On the way we got stuck in Motorcycle Week traffic.  Ty loved looking at all the motorcycles and said, “Park here.  Ty out!”  We had a great lunch and enjoyed some sun and throwing rocks into the river!  Ty would make a big show of throwing a rock into the water and then clapping for himself and saying, “Yea!”  On Saturday night we had a German meal fest for my Dad for Father’s Day.  Devin was going to have to work on Sunday, so we all celebrated on Saturday night. 


The invasion of the motorcycles

Ty having fun with Auntie Manda



Trying to sit in the same chair 

On Sunday, Ty & Heath got up at the crack of dawn and headed to Maine to go to a Monster Truck-kind of racing thing for Father’s Day with Keith & Adam.  Wes & I hung out at my parent’s house and went shopping with Leigh, Mia & Bode in the afternoon.  We had a nice time and then met Heath & Ty at the Edwards’ house and then went to the Pizza Barn to eat supper.  We had great eatin’ and Ty had a blast playing video games and dancing to the jukebox!  On Sunday night a major milestone happened for Wes!  I put him down in his crib awake and he fell asleep on his own!!!!  Unfortunately, the tranquility of the moment was ruined when I tripped over the fan cord, fell to the floor, and woke Wes back up!  Shoot! 


Wes & Mama having a day together - Wes wearing a hat of my grandfather's (Pampa) that I would wear continuously in grade school

Cousin loving

Tired out after shopping

Bode slept on Mia for a long time after getting out of his car seat!

Playing video games at the Pizza Barn.  Adam is having fun!  Don't tell me that Ty is going to be a serious gamer!

On Monday I worked but managed to squeeze in a cute, but puzzling conversation with Ty.
Me:  “Was it fun seeing Bode, Mia & Finley this weekend?”
Ty:  “Shan!”
Me:  “Yes!  Shan was there too!  Ty, do you know that Shannon is pregnant?  Do you know what pregnancy is?”
Ty:  “Yes.  Oooooo… Sean!”

On Tuesday Ty asked for ketchup to dip his quesadilla in!  Gross!  Then Westin bit me for the first time while nursing!  I had never experienced that before!  Ty was finished nursing at 9 months and he didn’t get his first tooth until 11 months, so I had never had that joyful time before!  In the afternoon, we hit the pharmacies and as we were leaving the house, Ty said, “No stores.  Go home.”  I have to mention something I have meant to do for months.  Every single time we step foot into Walgreens – Ty runs into this corner of the store and says, “Cat.  Cat.  Cat gone.”  There was this giant black inflatable cat that was set up for Halloween for about a month and he mentions it every time we go in there!  He never forgets anything! 





On Wednesday there was not too much to report.  We worked on getting our things together for campmeeting.  We would be away for 9 days total and we were leaving on Friday.  I was getting some clothes together for the boys when I held up a pair of shorts for Ty.  They hadn’t fit him exactly right – the waist is too big and the shorts fall down.  I hadn’t tried them on him in awhile, so I said, “Ty, come here.  I want to see if these shorts fit you.”  Ty looked at the shorts and shook his head, “No.  Fall down!”  I couldn’t believe he remembered!  The other major thing that happened that Wednesday was that Reeses had horrific diarrhea twice.   All inside her crate, first thing in the morning…and then all over my family room carpet.  It was horrible.  There was so much that I got desperate and put a diaper on her!  One of the diapers actually stayed on for about an hour and a half! 



On Thursday we continued packing for campmeeting and then went to Concord and met Shannon, Grammy Lyn & Finley for a few stores.  The big thing that happened was I tried putting Wes in the cart, sitting like a big boy, for the first time!  He loved it!  He thought he was such hot stuff!  Then that night we met Heath at the OG and had a nice night out, just the 4 of us.  I fed Westin his solid food at the OG and I decided it was official.  Westin really, truly gags on the first bite of whatever solid food goes into his mouth!  It’s like he is saying, “What is this?  I don’t know what to do with this!”  Then he gets right into it and loves every single bite!  It is pretty funny!


Playing around at Burlington Coat Factory

"I'm a big boy now!"

OK…that's it!  1 down, 3 to go!  Hope to get another blog out soon!

No comments: