"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Major Steps, Pear Allergy, Sleep Sack, Library, and Weight Gain!

Week 29

Friday started week 29 off with a major milestone.  Ty is taking multiple steps in a row, while holding onto our hands.  I'm talking like 6 or 7 steps at a time!  He is getting to be such a big boy.  It's very impressive!  Of course whenever I try to get him to do it with an audience (to show him off) he just looks at the puppies and stands there!  That should teach me to be humble!  Friday afternoon Ty and I headed to VIP to get our oil changed.  No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, I can not be on time to anything anymore with Tyson.  I plan it all out, but all my planning goes out the window, because Ty will always take a few more minutes than I estimate eating, or will always poop his pants - right when we are needing to leave.  Anyways, I was running around like a crazy person trying to get to VIP on time (I hate being late).  I was 5 minutes late.  I ran into the store and proceeded to wait at the service counter.  Now this has happened many times before - where no one waits on you for forever.  There were like 5 workers that kept walking past me, because that was not their assigned area.  I timed it and finally the "service guy" came to me after 7 minutes of standing there.  I told him that I was the 4 o'clock Subaru and he said, "Oh, someone just called and asked if they could have an appointment for tires and I told them OK because the 4 o'clock appointment never showed up."  He stared at me like I was just going to apologize and turn around and leave.  I stood my ground and said, "I was 5 minutes late and I have been standing here for 7 minutes waiting for someone to wait on me."  He gave me a bunch of attitude but when I would not apologize and he realized that I was not going to leave without my oil change, he barked, "Fine, but we'll get to it when we can.  And because of time constraints, I won't be able to fit in our 12 point courtesy inspection."  I could have jumped for joy at that!  At least he wouldn't be trying to upsell me something on our car! Oh, I was so mad!

Ty is shocked at the service at VIP too!

Sabbath I worked and Heath and Ty went to church in Saco, Maine with Grammy and Uncle Adam.  I don't know what came over me, but at lunchtime at work, I had an overwhelming sense of missing Ty that was powerful.  I had to call Heath immediately and find out what Ty was doing.  Heath had to tell me that Ty had been sitting on the floor at church playing when he smacked his head on the floor.  I just about killed Heath - I told him, "Just because he is doing great at sitting up does not mean he doesn't have accidents!"  The feeling to kill Heath did not stop there.  Heath had the gall to say that he thought Ty was eating "way too much" food.  Well,  I figured out what the real problem was.  Because of vacation and everything, Heath has not fed Ty his solid foods in weeks.  He has no idea how much food he has been eating and it does take about 1 hour and 15 minutes to feed Ty.  I might have insinuated that Heath was being lazy.  But seriously, I just about died.  Tyson is 6 months old and underweight at 12 pounds!  It's not like he is a tubby or anything!  Well, I reiterated what Ty needed to be eating and even told Heath that if he still acted hungry to offer another ounce of formula.  Heath could not believe what I was saying!  And low and behold when I got home from work, Heath sheepishly admitted that for supper Ty needed the extra ounce of formula!  Amazingly I swallowed my "I told you so."  The unfortunate thing on Saturday night was that Ty got another allergy.  He was covered in a rash again.  At first I was freaking out that it was the soy formula - but he had been on that for a full week without any problems.  But I had started pears on Thursday.  It was the same time frame with the formula allergy.  A Thursday to Saturday!  Weird.  So Ty got a few doses of Benadryl over the next couple of days and it disappeared, so it had to be the pears, since obviously he is still having the soy formula.

See how he can topple over so easy!

Sunday I worked again and Heath and Ty had their day at home.  The one thing to note about Sunday was that we packed away Tyson's swaddle for good.  We had been half-swaddling (with his arms out) for about a week and we decided to try the sleep sack.  No problem at all.  I had been dreading this moment for awhile.  I thought that there would be a lot of drama to get rid of the swaddle - but it was seamless!

Monday was couponing day.  In my haste to get out the door at a certain time (so I could get back before Ty's next feeding), I forgot my "pharmacy money."  When you buy certain items, you get a voucher to use on your next purchase.  I had $5 worth of vouchers at CVS and $18 worth of vouchers for Rite Aid and they were going to expire within a few days.  So I just went to the grocery store and Walgreens (I did not have any vouchers to use this week).  Then I roped Heath into going with me after work.  I sweetened the deal with going to Dairy Queen (his favorite).  Heath has been a bit skeptical about the couponing process.  So he got to see it first hand.  He couldn't help but be impressed when we got $41 worth of things at Rite Aid for $5.  I asked him what he thought after he went and he said, "It was fair."  In Heath-talk, that means that it was incredible!  On a sadder note, Monday night was the first night that Tyson completely refused to nurse.  He has been giving me more and more attitude with nursing.  I knew that this would happen.  If he wanted bottles all the time after getting them only twice a week, imagine what would happen when he gets them 4 times a day!  Well, it's happening.  I'm hoping that we can keep the nursing up.  I'm trying really hard!

Ready to hit the stores and get some bargains!

Tuesday started with a new tradition for Ty and I.  We went to the Gilford library for song/story time.  Jill Harlow had invited us and it was very nice.  It was great to see them and all the kids were so cute.  It is a super nice library and they have a nice section of toys.  It was a great time and Ty seemed to love it.  We'll see how it goes this next week.  Ty was due to eat lunch at 1:30, so we left the library at 1:00 and Ty fell asleep within 5 minutes.  And he stayed asleep in his car seat for 1.5 hours.  It was one of those rare long naps and I savored it!  Ty started squash for the first time on Tuesday and loved it.  Tuesday night, Heath brought home a "jumperaroo" from the friend that gave us the bumbo.  I'm telling you, we owe him a lot!  Well, even though Ty was tired, he seemed to like the jumper, so I took that as a good sign.

"Socializing" with the other kids!

Playing with the toys at the library and "talking" to mom about how cool it is!

Wednesday, I worked of course and I was told by my mother on the phone that Tyson was going crazy in his jumperaroo.  I didn't get to see it until Thursday, but oh my goodness.  He goes beserk!!!!  He jumps so fast and furious, I'm afraid that he will break the cables!  It's so funny, he jumps like crazy in this seat - but if I put him in the doorway jumper, he still just swings around on it and doesn't get that he can jump in that too!

Super excited about his new jumper!

Crouched down and ready to jump!

So Thursday, was Tyson's weight check.  I was so proud of him.  He gained a whole pound in 2 weeks!  He was 13 pounds and 6 oz.  He is still off the growth chart (at 0 percentile) but the doctor was very happy and does not think she needs to see us again until his 9 month visit.  I was so relieved!  She said to start tofu and yogurt within the next week, so I'll be doing that this week.  The only thing that is still a bit worrying is his allergies.  If he does have an allergy to yogurt, then I have to call her and she is going to refer us to an allergiest.  Let's hope that it doesn't have to come to that!  Mom came with me to the appointment and we did some shopping afterwards.  Then on Thursday night we went to the OG and did errands.  Adam came with us too and stayed the night.  Fun and busy week!

Getting fatter - look at the belly!

Have a great week!




2 comments:

Kelly said...

He does look like he is getting bigger! That is great! Can't wait to see you guys again!

Shannon said...

Luke LOVED the doorway jumper...it was something we took everywhere with us cause it was such a hit...once Tyson figures it out, I bet he will too!

Little tofu squares were a big hit for both my kids. I just cut them into cubes, and they could eat them easily cause they could grab them...but they were soft enough so they could gum them too. We also used to get this tofu pudding stuff...they had fruit flavored and Lauren loved it.

I think Ty looks great...so he's a tad small...big deal, he's just growing and getting his milestones like a real hot shot!