"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Babies are Announced, Tongue-Finding & Stomach Sleeping

Week 30

I keep having things to do on Fridays and so I can't get the blog out on time!  Sorry!  Last Friday started Tyson's 30th week with a wicked busy day.  I killed myself packing to get out of the house by 4:15 pm.  We were only going to my parents overnight, but somehow it was still a major production.  Ty and I were going to meet Heath at work to save time (since it is on the way), but I don't know if it hurt me or helped me.  I really missed Heath lugging everything out to the car!  Anyways, we headed to Devin & Leigh's house for Devin's 30th birthday party!  What an old man!  One of the most exciting things ever was going to happen as soon as we got there.  We would find out the sex to both Devin & Leigh and Shannon & Sean's babies!  They both had their ultrasounds that afternoon and was waiting to tell us (immediate family) in person!  I couldn't stand the anticipation, but it was revealed that Devin & Leigh are having a boy and Shannon & Sean are having a girl!  Yea!  I'm super excited.  Very exciting time in our family.  My mom and I gave them a little gift for their respective babies and you should have seen Shannon's face!  She had utter shock written all over her face and said, "How did you know?  How did you do this?"  She couldn't seem to put it together that I had bought 2 girls outfits and 2 boys outfits and just packed the gift bags in the car when I knew the results!  She didn't get it for awhile, either!  It was pretty funny.  I did get a unisex outfit, just in case, but I didn't have to use it thankfully, because it was hideous.  (Best one I could find at Carters)  Well, we had a great get together and then went to my parents.  I was worried that Ty hadn't slept in his travel pack n' play in awhile and I was wondering how he would do.  He did pretty well, but he did wake up a few times during the night.  He is such a restless sleeper and travels all over his crib at night.  That doesn't work too well in a tiny pack n' play.  He kept hitting the sides of it and it would wake him up!

Devin is in his 3rd decade!

The babies are coming!

Ty was up at 6 AM on Sabbath morning, but we caved and brought him to bed with us.  That always does the trick!  We took him to Sabbath School at Conway for the first time and Heath came in with us!  It was good for Heath to see how much he enjoys it.  Of course we were late to it - the chronic tardiness has not improved at all!  One cute thing happened during church.  Ty was due for a nap, so I cuddled him in my arms, like normal, but then I attempted to get him to lie on the floor on a blanket and it worked!  Of course it was only for his 30 minute power nap!  After church we went to my parents for lunch.  It was just after lunch that Tyson discovered his tongue.  He started sticking his tongue out and would not stop! I tried to take a bunch of pictures of him in the afternoon and in everyone he had his tongue out!  At first I was worried that he was having an allergic reaction and his tongue was swollen, but no - he just thinks that his tongue is awesome and wants to show everyone!  This went on for the entire week, non-stop - but I think I finally see some improvement.  We were going to go home on Saturday night, but then we just didn't.  I really wanted to watch the Bruins with Devin & Shannon... so we ended up staying.  Unfortunately, the Bruins choked, but it was nice to get Tyson to bed on time.

Lounging on the bathroom floor getting ready for church


Ty having a blast in Sabbath School

The tongue!!!

Ready for a nap with Daddy

Ty got very excited about the popcorn popping

Shan & Mia had a little trouble with the popcorn and it went everywhere!

Sunday was Ty's official 7 month birthday!  I can't even believe how fast time is flying!  Well, on Sunday we packed up and tried to get home at a decent time.  We did stop to see Norma & Paul (Heath's grandparents) on the way home, since we hadn't seen them in awhile.  It was great to see them and they were overjoyed to see Ty.  Heath spent the afternoon doing yard work, while I unpacked all of our weekend gear. One thing Ty has been doing lately that I have forgotten to mention has to do with his swing.  He will grab the little bear or the stars that make up the mobile on the swing and hold onto them until the mobile gets stuck, and the gears start grinding and makes this loud noise.  He has figured out that HE is actually making the noise happen and he gets so excited.  I always yell, "Tyson!  You are going to break it!  No!"  And he grins and grins and grins...every time he hears the grinding!  It is pretty cute, but I'm telling you, our future children will not be able to enjoy this swing because he is going to break it soon.  Shannon & Sean came over Sunday afternoon/early evening and we went to the new mexican restaurant.  It was very good again and Ty stayed in his carseat the whole time!  Good boy!

Sitting with Daddy at Norma & Paul's

Monday morning I had to go to work for computer training for an update on our system that is coming up.  It was only for 3 hours and we got out an hour early, so that was good.  My mom was able to watch Tyson.  Two funny things happened while I was gone.  First of all, she was nice and made our bed for us.  She had gone downstairs and about 15 minutes later she came back up into the bedroom and noticed a bump at the bottom of the bed.  She had made the bed with Snickers in it!  The second thing that happened was that Ty peed all over my mom while she was changing him!  She hadn't been covering the winkie during diaper changes and it finally caught up with her!  Monday afternoon after I got back, Ty and I went couponing.  We got $36.94 dollars worth of stuff for $1.64 at CVS and got $25.75 dollars worth of stuff for $3.48 at Walgreens.  The highlights were 5 free nail polishes and free contact solution!  Monday night, we got out the bath toys for Ty for the first time (I don't know what we were waiting for) and Ty went hysterical.  I wish I could get the video on here, but he just was laughing uncontrollably.  Cutest thing ever.

I forgot to say this - he is about done with the bouncer because he is going to flip it over!

Tuesday Heath found Tyson sleeping on his stomach.  That was scary, especially since I have a suffocation phobia, but I just have to let it go.  I can't keep him off his stomach if he wants it.  At 11:30 we went to the library group, but I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures.  Ty had a good time with the songs and there were even more kids there.  It was at the group that the other moms reassured me that their kids did the tongue thing when they first found their tongues.  That made me feel better!  What didn't make me feel better was that Tuesday was the first day that Ty refused to nurse for 2 out of 4 sessions.  Not good.

Oh but he can't seem to get enough of his bottles!  He really holds them himself, until the end - he can't seem to lift it up high enough!

Wednesday I worked and nothing to report, so I'll move onto Thursday.  Ty was up at 6AM, on his stomach again but with his arm up and trying to crawl.  What in the world?  Shannon and Mom came over in the morning and we had a mini-girls day.  The highlight of Ty's day was getting to have yogurt for the first time.  He loved it from the beginning and he hasn't had a reaction!  Whoo hoo!  I was so worried.  Thursday night we went to the OG with Adam and did errands.  Ty fell asleep in the car on the way home and I was able to get him from his carseat to his crib without waking up when we got home!  That was incredible!

Adam brought over sunglasses from Sonia and Ty didn't mind them at all!

They couldn't really stay up on his nose, though!

With Mama at the OG!

And that about sums it up!  Talk to you next week!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why isn't anyone commenting on how beautiful my grandson is?

Aunt Lori said...

Love the sunglasses picture! What a cutie pie.