"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Sunday, June 5, 2011

Early Mornings, Trying to Crawl, Grammy's Sleepover & Lovin' the Tofu!

Week 31

This week was a bit tiring for me.  For some reason Ty wanted to get up at 5-6AM every morning.  That is tough when you are used to 7:30-8!  Especially when you go to bed at 12:30-1AM.  And every time that you go into his room to get him in the morning, he is on all fours trying to crawl.  He is desperately trying, but still not there yet!  His entire sleeping situation was kind of difficult this week because of the weather.  It was so hot during the day -80-90's and wicked humid.  So Tyson would go to bed sweating to death, but then at some point during the night he would become cold.  So it drove me crazy, do you put him in a onesie, a light sleeper, without or with a light sleepsack, with the fan on or off, with the windows open or closed?  I know that he was up early a lot of these mornings because he was too cold.  The wintertime sleeping is easy!  Bundle him up to death!  I miss that...

Trying to crawl - he's going to do it!

 Thank goodness he hasn't figured this out on his own yet. This pic is thanks to Daddy & Auntie Shannon!

Friday started week 31 (and Memorial Day weekend) off with Heath being home.  It was a dang shame that I had to go to work for a few hours for more mandatory education.  What are the odds that it would be the same day?  Heath was busy packing for a backpacking trip while I was gone.  Then I got back and it was sweltering.  Heath had gotten Ty a mini-swimming pool at Walmart, so we tried it out!  It was a definite no-go.  We did let it sit out for a few hours, but as hot as it was, it did not heat up the pool much at all.  It was freezing and Ty was not impressed.  Then I had to run to VIP (again) because I had a nail in a tire.  That is my second one in 8 months.  Then we treated ourselves to some ice-cream at a new place we wanted to try and it was good!

 Having fun in the jumperoo naked because it was so hot!

Not hot enough!

Sabbath I headed to work and Heath headed on his trip.  He was going to be gone until Monday afternoon, so Sonia (Grammy) came to baby-sit and sleep over.  She said he had a great day and they went to Norma & Paul's house to visit and Uncle Alan came over too.  I got home and then we packaged Ty up and went to the Mexican restaurant.   Again I was able to get him from his car seat to his crib without him waking!

Sunday he was up at 5:45 and he got to get into Grammy's bed!  I worked and then headed back to Ty.  Sonia went home, since I would be off on Monday.  I think that was the first night of just Ty and I home alone.  I resisted the urge of having him sleep with me from the get-go, but I wanted to!

 He would rather sleep with me anytime!

Monday was Memorial Day, but it was just another Monday for Tyson and me.  We headed right to the pharmacies for couponing.  The highlights were making $2 on a "certain personal wipe" (that's all I'm saying) and free M&M's and Snickers at CVS, and free shampoo & conditioner (on a rain check) at Rite Aid.  I would have had a couple of money-maker items at Walgreens but they were all out!  That was a real bummer.  Corey called me while I was at Walgreens and she had just left a Walgreens and we commiserate on the deals.  Tyson had tofu for the first time on Monday afternoon.  He definitely was not sure about it at first.  I did some research on it and I was shocked to find out that you really don't have to cook it at all.  So Ty has been having the silken tofu mixed with his vegetable and now he can't get enough!  Well, Heath got home from his trip late at 7PM and all of my hopes and dreams of doing a few things on the house got dashed.  But he had a great time, so that was good.  He had taken the puppies with him and it sure wasn't the same having them gone!  But Monday night all was right again in the Edwards' household.

Tyson was overjoyed when Daddy and the puppies came back!

Tuesday was library and laundry day.  Ty had fun with all the kids at the library.  I keep meaning to check our town library for a story-time, but I keep forgetting!  Tuesday afternoon Tyson finally got "I'm gonna get you!"  I've been saying that to him quite a bit and going to tickle him, but he has been stone-faced.  But Tuesday, he broke out into grins and giggles over it!  It was just so cute.  What was also cute was when Heath brought home a walker for Ty from John, from work.  He keeps showering us with gifts and it is just great!  The unfortunate thing about the walker is that Tyson is too short to use it!  We have it on the shortest setting and he still is about 4 inches off the ground!  That was a major bummer.  But at least he likes all the toys on it and he loves to be pushed around the kitchen in it!  A positive note to end Tuesday was the fact that Tyson nursed with me all 4 sessions (at least some of the time)!  That hadn't happened in awhile.  He usually will refuse at least 1, if not 2 sessions, out of 4.  So I was pleasantly surprised this day.

 Tyson at the library - still trying to crawl!

Tyson loving his new walker, even though he can't move it!

Wednesday I worked, so let's move to Thursday.  We had another girls' day and went Goodwilling.  We went to two different Goodwills and got some cute stuff for Tyson and BGF (baby girl Frost).  Shannon usually hates the Goodwills, but now that she knows the sex of her baby, she is game now!  Tyson took a 2 hour nap while we were shopping and that was great!  Then on Thursday night, we went with Mom & Dad and Adam to the Mexican restaurant (twice in a week for me!).  It was fantastic, as usual.  I think we are doing a stand-up job of keeping it in business!

Have a fantastic week, y'all!




2 comments:

Corey said...

Hmm, yes, some personal wipes. I got those too but I actually need them!!

Kelly said...

Love all the pictures of Ty! He even has a double chin! When will we get to see you guys again? Camp meeting?