"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Sunday, June 19, 2011

AM Nursing, Creeping, & "Da-da"

Week 33

Week 33 had some interesting developments.  First of all, Tyson has officially weaned himself down to only 1 nursing session per day.  He will only nurse in the morning.  I still offer the breast, but I don't kill myself when he straight out refuses.  I don't understand why he will nurse fine in the morning.  Is it because he is just waking up and more cuddly?  At any case I am saddened about this fact, but I can't do anything about it.  At least he will still nurse in the morning, but I will be very sad when that is over.  The other thing that is over is his constipation.  For the past week he has been having 3-4 major soft poops a day, with some blow-outs.  No more pebbles for Ty!  The other new thing is he can sit up perfectly now.  He hardly topples over at all anymore!  And he has been creeping all over the place!  I'll put him down on the floor in one spot and he will creep and roll all over the room!  He is still trying to crawl and has graduated to rocking on his hands and knees, but has not officially crawled yet!

He crept over to his toy basket and dumped it out to see all the toys!

Last Friday started Week 33 off with a full day of cleaning.  I had been gone the past 2 days for my trauma class, so I spent most of the morning picking up in preparation for the cleaning.  Ty did not cooperate with his naps well, so he had to follow me around room by room while I cleaned.  He did fairly well, but I still did not get all the cleaning done on time.  When Heath got home, we headed to Walmart for some supplies and then hit up Dairy Queen before sundown.  And that was pretty much our Friday.

What a good helper!

On Sabbath, I had to work and Ty spent the day at home with Daddy.  Heath reported that Ty had taken another 1.5 hour nap - but of course it didn't count because it was in Heath's arms.  They were both sleeping actually!  Ty started a new food and it was strawberries.  It was a combination baby food - strawberries, bananas, and apples.  I totally expect him to love strawberries since his daddy does so much!  I am almost happy to work the weekends because at least I am working 7a-7p and I can put Ty to bed when I get home.  I hate when I work Wednesdays and get home at 10 pm and Tyson is already in bed.  I totally miss him when I get home!

 Ty loves it time in Daddy's arms!

Sunday brought another day of work and Ty was home with Daddy again.  Not much to report except a scare we had on Sunday night.  Heath had made chocolate chip cookies (what a homemaker) and I had taken 2 of them and brought them to the couch.  I ate one and then I was saving the last one for after I finished a chapter I was studying (for my ER certification).  It was about midnight around this time and Tyson started crying.  I ran upstairs to give him the binky before he fully woke up, calmed him down, and then I decided to take a shower.  When I got out of the shower, my heart stopped.  I had ran upstairs and left the chocolate chip cookie on the end table with both dogs still awake.  I flew downstairs and my worst fears were realized when the cookie was gone.  I knew it was Reeses - because she knows where every morsel of food is and Snickers is oblivious.  I read up on the internet about chocolate poisoning, hoping that it was really an old-wive's tale, but it is not.  Baker's and semi-sweet chocolate are more toxic and the cookie was made with semi-sweet chips and chunks.  It all depends on how much chocolate they ingest in correlation with their body weight.  That really got me freaking out since they are so small... but the bottom line is there is not an antidote.  So I went to bed sobbing thinking that I killed my dog.  But I would have to wait for the peak of the chocolate toxin and that would put us at 5:30 pm on Monday...

Heath messing around with Ty on Sunday (what they are doing, I have no idea)

To put you all out of your misery, Reeses was fine.  No symptoms at all.  What an answer to prayer!  I was so thankful.  OK, back to our recap...  On Monday morning Ty and I went couponing and made $4 on Zyrtec, got toothpaste for .44,  and I can't remember what else...  Now on Monday, Ty started refusing to eat oatmeal.  What the heck?  It's not like he was full, he ate his yogurt right afterwards without any problems.  So I tricked him.  I took a scoop of oatmeal and dipped it completely in the yogurt, and then he ate it!  Ha, ha!  Gotcha!  Monday night, I had been cooking supper, while Heath was planting the garden.  I had music playing and Ty had been in his walker.  I went to pick up Ty, so we could go out and tell Heath it was time to eat.  When I picked him up, I felt wetness on his back.  He had the biggest blow-out he has ever had!!!!  He had pooped up to his neck!  Disgusting!  That bought him a trip to the bath tub immediately.  Oh, that's the other new thing.  He is now taking his baths in the real bathtub!  Still in his infant seat, but in the tub because he splashes so much!  Monday night was a great night because the Bruins kicked some Vancouver butt in game 6!

 Ty wearing his Bruins colors and trying to break the swing by grinding the gears!

Tuesday there was not a library group, so Ty and I stayed home and did laundry and finished cleaning the house that we didn't do on Friday.  In the morning I had noticed a rash that looked like pimples to his back.  Definitely not an allergic reaction - no rash anywhere else.  I initially thought that it was a skin reaction to the poop that had been on his back - since he was not used to that, but then it hit me.  We have a major ant problem right now and I googled ant bites and it looked identical!  Those dang ants biting my baby!!!!  They are looking better, but it made me so mad.  On Tuesday afternoon, Pam, my Jehovah's Witness friend came by and I had every intention of breaking up with her.  And I did partly, but not completely.  I just told her that I couldn't do Bible studies every week and I told her that I was born a Seventh-day Adventist and I would die one and that I didn't want her to waste her time anymore.  She said that she loved coming to talk to me and that she didn't feel like she was wasting her time at all.  She said, "Don't you get anything out of our discussions?  Doesn't it reaffirm your faith?"  I told her that it did, because it's true.  She said that she was not born a Jehovah's Witness and became a believer from reading the Bible.  I really realized that maybe I can truly help HER.  So the first of every month we are going to get together.  That is much more doable for me.  We'll see how it goes.  Pray for me that I am able to reach HER!

 He isn't bothered by the rash at all!

Wednesday I worked and Ty had his day with Noni.  His new food he started that day was corn.  Again it was a combination baby food - with sweet potatoes.  Wednesday night was great and I watched the Bruins win the Stanley Cup!!!!  That was really exciting.  In my lifetime I had seen the Red Sox, Patriots, and the Celtics win it all, but I hadn't seen the Bruins win the Stanley Cup.  Very, very cool.  What wasn't cool is that I didn't get to bed until 1:30 AM and that came to bite me bad...

 I love corn!

Thursday morning, Ty was up for the day at 4:45 AM.  So I had gotten about 3 hours of sleep after working a horrible 12 hour shift.  Let's just say, I was not at my best when he started to pull this.  I don't want to create a monster and bring him in bed with us - so I told him in no uncertain terms that it was the middle of the night, that he was NOT getting in bed with us, and that he needed to go back to sleep.  Well, that did NOT go over well at all.  He kept screaming and I let him cry.  I would get up and comfort him in 15-20 minute intervals, and he would fall asleep in my arms when I would go console him, but then he would wake up as soon as his head would hit the crib.  He finally fell back asleep at 6:00, when Heath ended up getting up and rocking him.  I'm going with the theory that he had tired himself out - not that Daddy could get him right to sleep!  He slept until 8:15, so that was good.  I can't help but wonder if he does this to punish me for leaving him the day before????  Shannon came over and spent the morning/afternoon with us.  She was able to entertain Ty while I tried to get some studying done.  Then Heath came home and Adam came too and we went out and did errands.  Then Sonia met up with us and we headed to El Jimador (the new mexican restaurant).  Ty was so funny while we were there.  He started talking non-stop very loudly, and it concerned me that the people beside us were going to be bothered!  The talking continued when we got home and that is when he said, "Da-da" for the first time!  He has absolutely no idea what he said or what it means, but he said about a million times, "Dada, Dada, Dada, Dada" over and over again.  And then he changed to "Baba, Baba, Baba, Baba..."  He is really starting to make the different sounds!  He's a growing boy!

"Please Mama.  Let me sleep with you! "

Have a great week!





1 comment:

Aunt Lori said...

Thanks, Alison. Really enjoy keeping up with the little ones! He is growing right up. Hope to see you all next Sabbath!