"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bottle-Walking, Sugar Daddy, The Abbotts, & A Highchair!

Week 35

Didn't I say that I would never do 2 weeks in 1 blog again?  Well, somehow it happened again.  I started writing last week's blog but it just didn't get finished... so I will keep what I initially wrote and then add to it!  Actually I'll write 2 separate blogs - why not?

Week 35 was not the best one for Ty and me.  I spent every single waking moment studying and Ty had to fend for himself!  That sounds horrible - I meant that I tried to have him entertain himself as much as possible.  But as much as I love Tyson, we all know that him entertaining himself does not work very well at all!  So because of this I hardly got any studying done during the day and stayed up to 1:30 AM every night.  With Ty now getting up pretty consistently at 7:00 AM, it didn't make for much sleep this week.  I didn't write notes again so I don't remember anything that happened this week!  Maybe that is because I'm sleep deprived!  But the bottom line is that I passed the CEN!  I am now an official certified Emergency nurse - meaning I am specialized in Emergency nursing and I am so excited and relieved!  It was a very difficult test but it is over!  Thank goodness!  I have been studying straight for about 3 weeks, so now I feel free as a bird!  The downside is that I didn't take hardly any pictures this week.  How awful is that?

How could I not snap a picture every second at this cutie?

2 Fridays ago, I have no idea what we did.  I'm sure I studied and Ty played.  Seriously, I have no idea.

Ty standing up and Reeses kissing him for a job well done!

2 Sabbaths ago I worked and Heath and Ty had their time at home.  Tyson had a good day.  He has been much better tempered this week.  And STILL NO TEETH!!!!  What in the world?  Sabbath Heath started Tyson doing a new trick.  Heath made Ty walk to his bottle.  Tyson gets SO excited when he sees his bottle and starts giggling and hyperventilating.  Heath held Ty's hands and walked behind him and put his bottle across the room.  Now Ty walks over to the bottle every time!  It is so cute!  So he is walking with help with no problem, but no such luck with the crawling (for week 35... but stay tuned!!!!!).

A different way of walking that Heath was trying out!

2 Sundays ago I worked again and the highlight of the day was that Heath and Ty visited great-grandma Norma & great-grampie Paul.  Heath went outside to mow their lawn and when he came back inside, Ty was eating a sugar daddy!!!!  Norma had been eating one and saw Ty looking at it and she just couldn't resist his charms!  He was so beside himself with excitement that it tasted so good that she couldn't take it away from him!  Norma, if you are reading this - I think you think that I was wicked mad at you, but I'm not.  I totally get it - you are talking to a true candyaholic here!  So that was a very exciting day for Tyson.

What wasn't exciting for Mommy was to wake up on the next morning (Monday) and Ty had broken out completely all over in a rash.  At first I thought it was his spinach, but his food trial stopped on Sunday and he hadn't had a reaction.  Then I realized it was the sugar daddy!  Heath and I were freaking out that it had peanuts in it, but it doesn't!  The thing that could be the culprit was the heavy cream.  Ty is probably just not ready for that yet!  He got about 4 doses of Benadryl and then the rash went away.  The rest of Monday of week 35 insisted of couponing and studying.  I had my best week ever at CVS.  I spent a total of 0.35 and got $9.79 in CVS cash back!  There is not a better high, I'm telling you.

Poor Ty's rash

2 Tuesdays ago, our highlight was that Auntie Amanda & Uncle Levi came to visit!  Levi had never met Ty and Amanda hadn't seen him since he was first born.  It was great to get together!  We (all the Edwards minus Keith) headed to the OG for some great eatin'.  A first happened here.  Ty sat in a restaurant highchair all by himself for the first time!  Like a real boy!  He did great and seemed to enjoy it (for awhile anyway).

Excited to see Auntie Amanda

Sitting in his first restaurant highchair!

2 Wednesdays ago, I worked and it was a difficult shift and was about a hour late getting home.  Ty had a good day with Noni as always.

2 Thursdays ago, I crammed the best I could in the AM and took my CEN test at 1:30 PM.  Shannon came and watched Ty, which was great.  So thank goodness everything turned out well and that is over with!  Thursday night, Poppy came over to see Ty for a bit and had a nice visit.

So Week 35 ended on a great note!  Freedom is sweet!


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Welcome to the CEN club...a very elite one! There was never any doubt...