"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Beach Time, Glowsticks, Crawling & Daddy's Birthday!

Week 36

One quick thing to mention about week 36 is that ...Ty is finally into 3-6 month clothes!  I thought this day would never come!  Actually he is fitting a lot of straight-up 6 months clothes too!  But then it makes you stratch your head because he still fits his 0-3 month shorts!  The sizes really differ between brands!

Last Friday started Week 36 off great!  I felt completely on vacation because my test was over and also because we were headed to the beach!  We (the Edwards) had rented a condo at Wells, ME for the weekend of the 4th and we were very excited.  We got out of the house at about 1:30 PM, hours later than we wanted, but not surprising either.  We hit Taco Bell on the way over and Ty was an angel and slept most of the time.  The place was very nice with 3 bedrooms and 2 full baths.  It fit all 8 of us very well.  Friday night Sonia had made meatball subs and we enjoyed them out on the deck.  It was heavenly.  Ty sat in his bumbo on the top of the table to be adored, which is exactly what happened.  We gave him a paper plate to play with and he went nuts!  He was shaking it and grinning and laughing like crazy.  I wonder about him sometimes...

Going to Wells...Ty fell asleep holding onto his bird's feet!

Liking the plate...

Loving the plate!

Last Sabbath we got up early and headed to campmeeting.  We made it to Sabbath School by 10:15 AM.  I was pysched!  What a great job we did!  Unfortunately my bubble was burst when I found out that Sabbath School for cradle roll went from 9:30 until 10:30.  So Ty got a whopping 15 minutes worth!  I was so disappointed.  What happened to the regular Sabbath School hours?  Well, at least he got to sit in a fake row boat and get rocked and sung to (he loved that, by the way).  Then came church and we sat with Sonia, Greg, and Kelly & Steve.  Ty acted wicked tired but just wouldn't fall asleep.  Heath & I both tried walking him around and taking him to a quiet place without luck.  I ran into Amanda (who was coming just for church) and she took Ty while I went to the bathroom.  Of course that is when he fell asleep!  I was so relieved that she got him to sleep!  Anyway, then we headed to Pelton's for a potluck and then went to cousin Shawn's ordination in the afternoon.  It was a great service and very touching.  We are all so proud of Shawn!  It was great to see the family (especially Ricky with his new girlfriend).  It ended up being a quick visit though because we had to hightail it out of there to get to a BBQ at Heath's uncle Alan's house.  We had a nice visit.  One of the funny things that happened was that Ty ended getting a hold of Snickers leash and had a great time controlling Snickers and then it escalated to pulling on the leash pretty hard.  It was so cute - but we did rescue Snickers, I promise!

We made it to Sabbath School!

Taking a ride in a boat with cousin Camden!

And that's it - Sabbath School's over!  What a great 15 minutes!

Having fun with Steve during church

"I'm your owner, too, Snickers"

Last Sunday we were going to go to the beach, but it was like 70% chance of heavy rain/thunderstorms so we opted not to go!  We went out to breakfast, where Ty became really obsessed with the ceiling fan.  He would reach his arms straight up in the air like he was trying to touch it!  Then we went shopping in the afternoon and out to dinner with lots of Heath's cousins.  There was 14 of us in total and the waitress we had was phenomenal.  Then we went mini-golfing.  Heath used the Baby Bjorn and gave Ty some glowsticks.  He had one in each hand and held them the whole 18 holes!  He had a major death grip on them - he loved them so much!  I can't believe he didn't get cramps in his hands!  That was a late night for Ty - he didn't get to bed until 11:30 AM, but he slept until 8AM, so that was good.

Imagine that...Ty managed to get in bed with us Sunday AM.  Look at the smile on his face!

Sunday morning waiting to get into the restaurant

Walking with Grampie

We made it in!

Trying so hard to reach the fan!

Lounging around!  It's hard to tell, but each person is on an electronic device in this picture - even Ty!

Not a great shot - but you can see at least one of the glowsticks!

Monday was the 4th of July!  It was gorgeous and so we headed to the beach (after going out to breakfast).  Ty's first trip to the beach!  He was really tired because he didn't take an AM nap.  So the first part of the beach, as you will see in pictures he looks like he is zoning out big time.  But then he perked up and ended up loving it!  Heath built him up in this "safe zone" with a moat surrounding him, where he played with his trucks and pail/shovel.  Heath filled up his pail with ocean water and Ty discovered that it was the coolest thing ever!  He would put his little hands in that pail and splash and splash!  The cutest thing was when the tide came in and the waves would come right up to his "safe zone."  He loved seeing the water come up to him and he would giggle, but then when the waves roll back - he would cry!  Like the waves were leaving him!  Ty had a great time, but my OCD nearly made me have a meltdown.  I just can't take the sand that gets EVERYWHERE!  I mean, Ty was completely covered.  We couldn't wash him off in the ocean - it was 58 degrees!  He did dip his feet in but that was it!  Everyone else swam (except me & Levi), I don't know how they do it!  So after the beach, we packed up, and cleaned the condo.  While we were packing up our room, Ty started crawling across the room!!!!!!  He did it!!!!!  It was so incredible!  He wasn't a one hit wonder, either - he has kept it up all week.  Half of the time he will do an army crawl and drag his belly - but then the other half of the time, he does a proper crawl with his hands going forward and up on his knees!  It was just a great moment!!!!  Monday night, we headed to a pizza place on the way home and Ty slept the whole way home.  Ty was exhausted after the beach and the whole weekend.  Heath was able to take him out of his car seat, change his diaper, change his clothes, and put his PJ's on without him waking up!  What a feat!

These pictures speak for themselves!






First crawling!!!!!

Tuesday was Heath's birthday!  34 years old!  What an oldie!  The whole day (before Heath got out of work) consisted of unpacking from the weekend and going to the grocery store.  Ty was still so exhausted from the weekend that he took two 1.5 hour long naps!  That has never happened before (besides when he was a newborn)!  I gotta tire this kid out some more!  Then Tuesday night, we went to Heath's favorite restaurant (the new Mexican restaurant) and Sonia, Amanda, Adam, Mom, Dad, and Sean met us there to surprise Heath.  He was surprised and we had a great dinner and Ty showed off his new highchair skills.  Sonia and Amanda came back to our house to spend the night, since they were watching Ty the next day.  Anyway, Heath got to pick out a movie at Redbox... he decided on Beastly (a nice chick flick) but he fell asleep nearly immediately.  We were going to have a great turtle cheesecake that I had gotten for him, but we were too stuffed to have it!

Ty studying the menu intently...

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Wednesday I worked and had a crazy, crazy day.  It was one of the first times that I can remember that I never went off of the floor for any kind of break in the whole 12 hours.  I made myself a PB&J in our kitchenette at about 2:30 PM and that is all the food I had all shift long!  On a positive note, Ty had a great day with Manda & Sonia.  That's all that really matters!

Yesterday  Ty and I went couponing days late.  Since we were gone to the beach I totally forgot to pick up a Sunday paper and that really came back to bite me.  I missed some incredible deals, it was a terrible week to forget!  That just cemented my decision to finally get a newspaper subscription.  I just have to research the cheapest one and do it already!  In my defense, I thought that they usually don't have coupons in the paper on a holiday weekend anyway - but they did this time!  The deals I did get was John Frieda shampoo & conditioner for 0.37 each, and bandaids/puffs tissues/good dental floss for 0.99 each.  In the afternoon, Ty also cemented my decision that we have to get a gate up!  I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth and had Tyson in the center of his room playing with some toys.  Next thing I knew (and I kept peeking my head out looking at him) he had crawled across his room and through the doorway making a beeline for the stairs!  Scary...scary!  Then Heath got home right at 5:30, so I could drive up to Conway to see Mia in Annie!  For all of you who don't know, Mia got a part in Annie at the summer theatre in North Conway and plays an orphan girl, Kate.  I went with my parents and it was incredible!  Mia did such an incredible job!  She has many lines, many songs, choregraphy, and she starts "Your Never Fully Dressed" as a solo!  It was great - probably my favorite play/musical ever and I was so proud of Mia!  She definitely is meant to be on stage.  No question at all.  And that ended our week 36 on a great note!  I'll be singing Annie for days!

Hopefully I won't get in trouble for this picture!

4 comments:

Shawn Brace said...

Hey Al,
FYI they do make boys shorts way bigger! Hence why Tyson is in 0-3 month. Almost all of Camden's shorts he is wearing now are 12 month shorts. A friend of mine told me that her son is four and he is wearing 2T shorts. Not sure why they make them so big. I also have Camden in a bathing suit that is 6-12 months.

Tell Mia I totally wish I could see her in the Play!!

Only a few more weeks until N.S.!!!

Shawn Brace said...

That last comment was from me Camille

Corey said...

Yay! So excited about the crawling. I'm so glad you didn't have to wait until 11 months like I did with Aubree. It felt like it would never happen. Now the wait begins for the walking. And by all means, yes, get a gate!

Lori said...

No crawling for either of my kids! Nice to see so many pictures. See you soon!