"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Monday, September 5, 2011

Sleeping Again, Self-Entertainer, Vacuum Lovin' & Appraisal

Week 44

Week 44 was a whirlwind.  I stayed up until 2:30 or 3:00 AM every night getting ready for our appraisal.  So again, I am very sleep deprived.  On Friday night, Ty slept through the night for the first time in about 10 days!!!!  I was so psyched.  It has continued and Ty has gone back to sleeping through the night like normal.  So what in the world happened?  I just can't figure it out.  

Last Friday, my big project was priming our front steps/porch.  How to get this accomplished with Tyson was a feat, but I got it done!  A big part of that was because Shannon & Sean came over and Sean painted the lattice for me - which is the hardest part!  Ty did a great job and either hung out in the doorway of the front steps with toys, or he came and played on the lawn.  I don't know when it happened, but Ty has learned how to really entertain himself!!!!  He plays by himself for quite awhile - unless it is getting around 5-6:00 PM, which is his clingy time.  I'm so proud of him.  He's doing such a great job.  Shannon & Sean stayed for supper and then we headed to bed!

Helping Dad organize one of our cabinets

Trying to get the battery out of the phone - can I say engineer?

One of his favorite things- taking things out of the cabinet!

Taking more things out of the cabinet!

Taking a horsey ride on Uncle Sean

Sabbath we went to Concord church alone.  It was weird to go alone, but Shannon & Sean went to Maine to visit Sean's mom.  We made it to Sabbath school and Ty had a great time.  Heath came in with us too and got to enjoy all the songs and fun!  We came back home and then went out driving in the afternoon looking at houses in the area.  Ty had a great two hour nap in the car while we were driving around and that was great!  We headed back home and got a call from the Edwards to meet for supper.  Oh yeah, Saturday was my birthday!  32 years old!  Oh my goodness, 40 is just around the corner!!!!  Anyways, we went to a restaurant in Center Harbor called Canoe and had the best macaroni and cheese I've ever had in my life.  I have been dreaming about that mac 'n' cheese since we had it!  Ty had a great time at the restaurant - going between his Grammy & Grampy and grabbing at everything in sight.  It was a great first birthday with my son!  What wasn't great was Hurricane Irene that was headed our way on Saturday night.  Heath was concerned about one certain tree that could possibly come down on the house and it would come down right on Ty's room.  So we set up the pack 'n' play and Ty slept in our room.  It was like the olden days when Ty was just born!

Don't ask me why Ty wanted to lick the paper bag that the bread came in?!  We were teasing Sonia because we think we figured out where Ty gets his tongue fascination from!


Sunday Hurricane Irene was in full force.  And by full force, I mean not much at all.  Yes, we got quite a bit of rain and wind, but nothing earth-shattering.  Up north (like North Conway) got a ton of flooding but we hardly got anything at all.  The Kancamagus is going to be closed until the end of October because of this!  On the positive note, we got a lot of inside work done on the house!  Ty had a great time doing one of his favorite things now... chasing his big green ball around the house.  He is like a dog!  He pushes the ball forward with his hand, crawls over to it, and hits it again... he'll do this continually!  At least it keeps him entertained!

Monday I did a very, full cleaning of the house.  Ty LOVED the vacuum!  I was afraid he would be scared of it, but he loved it!  He would sit right by it with no problem at all.  He even picked up the floor attachment while it was running!  Then he grabbed the cord and hit it continually on the floor like a crazy man!  I bet he wishes I cleaned more often!!!




Tuesday my #1 project was finishing painting the porch/front steps.  I couldn't get started in the morning when I wanted to because the porch was all wet from the dew.  Of course I was so close to getting it done when it was due for Ty to eat supper at about 7 PM.  My parents had mentioned possibly coming over to see Ty, since they had gotten back from Nova Scotia Monday night.  Right around 7 PM, I started praying like mad that my parents would end up coming over to help me out!  Wouldn't you know they showed up just in the nick of time!  Heath was able to help me finish the 2nd coat of paint and my mom fed Ty for me!  Who could ever say that our prayers aren't answered?

Forgot to mention that Ty refused to take a nap in the AM on Tuesday and fell asleep while eating lunch!

First tractor/lawn mower ride with Daddy

Wednesday I worked and there really isn't much to report.  I stayed up until 2:30 AM again getting ready for D-day - the appraisal!

Thursday I was a bundle of nerves getting the house to look picture perfect for our appraisal.  She was coming at 12:00, and wouldn't you know it, I was sweeping off the back deck when Ty flipped the dog water bowl over 5 minutes til 12:00!!!  Water everywhere and Ty was pretty wet too!  I decided that Ty was going to have to roll with it, but my floors couldn't!!!  I got the mop out and a towel to dry it - the last thing I would need is if she slipped and fell!!  But I still got it all done before noon.  But then noontime passed, then 12:30, then 12:45 - and so I called and left a message.  I couldn't believe that I had killed myself to have the house as good as I could get it all for nothing!  I was at first mad but then I just became drained and cried a little bit out of pure exhaustion.  But at 2:45, she called me back.  She said it was the first time in 10 years that she had taken an appointment and not put it on the calendar.  But at least she came right over and the appraisal got done!  Of course we don't know any results yet, but we'll keep our fingers crossed.  Shannon had come over for the day, so that was fun and she was on Ty duty while I walked around with the appraiser.  Thursday night, Shannon, Sean, and us went to the OG and Walmart.  A good time was had by all.





Becoming different characters at the OG utilizing the napkin!... Jesse James here!

Harley biker

Karate master

Little Bo Peep (he thinks this one is ridiculous)

"Oh, we are the Pathfinders strong!"

Have a fantastic week!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

The pictures of the house look great! I'm sure everything will turn out fine for the appraisal. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Shannon said...

I think we should get together! I do miss you lots! Love the pics of Ty and the many napkin poses...funny how creative parents can get at restaurants:) Good luck with the house...it looks great.

S