"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Weekend Away & Long Overdue Photo Shoot

Week 47

Last Friday started week 47 with a busy weekend.  I was finishing my term as the Vice President for Pine Tree Academy's alumni.  It was alumni weekend.  I headed over to Maine a bit early in the afternoon, while Shannon watched Ty until Heath got home.  I had to hit my favorite Salvation Army in Portland that I never get to go to - but it ended up being a bit disappointing.  Then I rushed to the school and helped decorate and set up for the weekend.  We had a bonfire on Friday night and had a good turn out.  After we (Janel Tyson, Brendan Krueger, Erik Pelton and I) finished decorating, I booked it to Effingham to the Edwards' house.  I didn't get there until about 11:30 PM and I was beat.  My little buddy had had a terrible time getting to sleep without me and that made me feel horrible.  But, of course, he was dead to the world when I got home.  It was a bit of a short night that night.

Last Sabbath we got up as early as we could with Ty, packed up, and headed back to Freeport.  Before we got there, we had to do an alumni errand and pick up 84 balloons at Shaws (which I had paid for the day before).  We had to make 2 trips to fit all the balloons - but we made it with only popping one balloon!  Ty slept through the whole thing, but I expected him to wake up, open his eyes and see nothing but balloons all around him and get scared!  But he didn't!  Then we had church and I had to speak twice in front of everyone, which I hate - but it went OK.  Ty did great during the long service, but Heath took him out for the last 15 minutes or so.  After church, we had haystacks at the school and Ty did his best to pull off the entire tablecloth - but we stopped him in time!  After lunch, we went to our motel in Brunswick to take a snoozer.  We were hoping Ty would sleep awhile.   He slept as soon as he got in the car, and we layed him on the bed at the motel - but he awoke after 30 minutes, of course.  I wanted to sleep longer than that!  Heath and I laid in the bed with Ty between us and he played around by himself.  But then he kept trying to climb over us and off the bed... so the nap didn't last long!  I was psyched about the place we stayed at.  It was the Parkway Inn and it was $109 per night on every travel website (Expedia, Travelocity etc), but I did "name your own price" on Priceline and got it for $60!  I was so excited and it was a really nice place, too.  So after we chilled out, we headed back to the school for vespers and an alumni meeting.  I officially declined the Presidency of the alumni, which I was supposed to take, after being the Vice President.  It is just too much - I'm too busy and can't give it the time that it needs.  With that weight off of my shoulders, I watched some of the alumni basketball game and Heath and Ty headed up LL Beans.  Then we retired to our room and crashed!

Crashed for his 30 minute nap

Rearin' to go after his power nap

See Heath sleeping in the background!

Playing with toys while I was trying to sleep!

Ty desperately trying to crawl off the bed!

Last Sunday we had a big shopping day planned.  We never get to Portland, so we decided to take advantage of it!  We met the Edwards' and went to Mardens, Cabelas, Goodwill, Whole Foods, and Trader Joe's.  We went out to Macaroni Grill (our favorite) for lunch in the middle of all of that fun!  Ty is such a trouper.  He really does like to go shopping, because he loves to sit in the cart and look around at everything. Then at Trader Joe's, Grampie had him stand up in the cart and he thought that he was the king of the world!  By the time we were done with all of this, it was late!!!  We didn't get back to the Edwards' until about 9:00 PM and we were beat.  We had to go back there because the puppies were there.  I talked Heath into staying overnight there, since we had 2 vehicles and then I got to watch the Patriots game that Adam had taped for me.  They beat the Chargers and it was a good game!

Getting ready for our day of shopping!

Dangerous, I know... it didn't last long!

Last Monday Ty and I packed up at the Edwards and headed home.  Then the rest of the day consisted of unpacking and doing what else... couponing!  We got some deals but it was a pretty slow week.

Last Tuesday we went with Shannon and my mother to Conway for Shannon's doctor's appointment.  Shannon is still 1 cm dilated but her cervix has softened even more.  Her OB thinks that it will happen within a couple of weeks, but who knows?  She is more than ready right now, that is for sure!  Ty, mom & I hung out in the waiting room while Shannon was in her appointment and Ty had a great time getting into a bunch of mischief!  After the appointment, we went to Thai for lunch and then to the Christmas Tree Shop.  Then we headed on home.

Waiting for her appointment...

Whoa...baby...

One of the things Ty did to keep himself entertained... opening and closing his wipe container!

Then he moved to the pamphlets - look at him putting his hand underneath to try to get them!

Outside the hospital with Noni

Last Wednesday I worked and Ty had another good day with Noni, despite a new bruise.  He had pitched forward and hit his chin on a toy - this boy gets his war wounds everyday because he doesn't stop!  After work, I headed to my dumpsters to see how many inserts I would really get if I went weekly.  But both of them had been just emptied and there was no way that I would have been able to get out of it - so I left empty-handed. )=

Last Thursday I seriously do not remember anything that we did... except that I actually took a bunch of pictures!  Then we headed out as usual and we went to the OG with my parents.  We did a few errands and that was that.  A busy week again.

Loves his technology!


This how I find him after his naps and during the night!



He is filling out a bit!


This is a frequent experience!  Ty holding onto my legs for dear life!

Getting into mischief at the OG with Noni

No comments: