"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Saturday, December 24, 2011

Brushing Hair (With a Toothbrush), Shopping Antics, Still Refusing Fruit & Pneumonia

13 Months & 2 Weeks

OK - I am 2 weeks behind again.  Between a weekend away and Christmas shopping... time has flown by.  I didn't even have time to write any notes so I hope I remember the important things.  I have to say that I have noticed that I don't have too many good pictures of Tyson lately.  It's frustrating.  When he was younger, he would lay on his play mat or sit in his walker and I could just take picture after picture and at least 1 of them would be good.  But now, he is on the move constantly.  He does not stop for a second, so it's down right impossible to get a good picture of him.  So that's annoying, but I think that is what is supposed to happen.  I just need to deal with it.

This is the type of picture I can get now!  He never looks at the camera!

2 Fridays ago I don't remember too many things that happened except for something hilarious.  I had been in the bathroom doing my normal morning routine and Ty was there playing beside me.  After I was finished, I sat him up on the counter to brush his teeth, which is always his favorite time to go through Heath's toiletry bag.  Well, he grabbed Heath's toothbrush and proceeded to brush his hair with it!  It was the funniest thing - it was very deliberate and exaggerated and he has done it a few times since!  At least it's one of Heath's old toothbrushes!  Our big thing that we did on that Friday was take the Subaru to the dealer to have a recall taken care of.  They had a great kids area with bean bags and bins of toys.  It was great!  Ty had a blast taking the toys from one of the bins and throwing them all into the second bin.  It's so nice when places have great toys like that for the kids.  Very helpful.  On Friday night, Shannon & Sean came over and we made spaghetti & meatballs.  Ty loved the meatballs, which thrilled me.  It's great when you work on something and Ty actually eats it!

Hangin' on the bean bags at the dealer

Transferring of the Toys!

Very intently playing

On Saturday I worked and then after work I met up with Heath, Ty, Sonia & Keith in Concord.  They were out doing some Christmas shopping and we went out to the OG.  Ty did great and ate his usuals.  Good boy!

On Sunday I worked again.  Ty and Heath went and helped his grandparents get ready for a move.  They are getting out of their house and moving to an apartment at Heath's aunt's house (their daughter).  Heath said that Ty was very clingy all day.  Heath came home with a Christmas tree that Sonia had picked up for us when they were getting one of their own.  We have been so busy constantly, we still have not decorated it yet (except for the lights).  It's a pretty one!  Hopefully we'll get a chance to enjoy it all decorated!

On Monday I spent the day getting the house in order after the boys had messed it up.  Shannon & Finley came over in the morning.  Ty was wicked cute.  He has really started noticing Finley when she comes over.  He went over to her while she was in the bouncer and decided that she was not bouncing enough!  So he "helped" her along by giving the bouncer "a little something extra!"  You should have seen how much Finley was bouncing after that!  Shannon ran to get her hair cut and I baby-sat the 2 munchkins.  I just don't know how you juggle two kids!!!!  This is the dilemmas that I had.  So Finley was an angel and had gone to sleep for me - which was great.  She was sound asleep in the bouncer on the kitchen counter - when it became time for Ty to have his nap.  I let Ty go a little over, because I was hoping Shannon would get home... but it didn't happen.  So what was I to do?  I couldn't leave Finley downstairs by herself while I put Ty down for his nap... and there was no way that I was carrying Fin in her bouncer up the stairs... so she would need to be removed from the bouncer and then would wake up.  Well, Finley made the decision for me and she woke up on her own as I was going through scenarios in my head.  So, I brought Tyson upstairs and put him in his room and shut the door.  I couldn't have him trying to fall down the stairs as I moved Finley.  So then I got Fin out of the bouncer and carried her up the stairs and laid her in the hallway on a blanket.  Meanwhile, Tyson is having a major meltdown banging on his bedroom door.  I carried the bouncer up the stairs, locked the gate, opened Tyson from his prison, and got Finley situated back in her bouncer.  Just when I thought I had it perfect and I could put Ty down for his nap, Finley started losing her mind.  She wasn't due to eat and she had just napped... so I checked her diaper and, yes, she needed to be changed.  So I carried her back down the stairs - closed the gate - leaving Ty in another sort of prison and proceeded to change her diaper at the bottom of the stairs... where Tyson could at least see us (but that still didn't prevent him from crying).  Finley was still crying her eyes out after the diaper change and I realized that there was no way that she was going to cooperate in the bouncer while I put Ty down... and I was going through more scenarios of what to do next when... Shannon came home!!!!  How do people do it?  I guess if Finley was my daughter, she would have just had to cry it out while I put Tyson down.. but I just couldn't do that when was in charge of her!  In the afternoon, Ty and I hit up the grocery store and Ty started a new thing.  He started twisting himself around in the cart, grabbing whatever he could get his hands on in our cart, and chucking it on the floor.  Wow, that was not a fun game.  A blast for Ty, but not for me.  What will he come up with next?  Another new thing was that he absolutely refused to eat the meatballs on Monday night.  Heath & I were having meatball subs, and Ty would have no part of it.  He LOVED them on Friday night.  I couldn't figure it out, but then Heath told me that he had given Ty meatballs all weekend long, so I guess he was sick of them.  Can babies really get tired of the same foods?  I guess so.

Bouncing Finley

On Tuesday AM, I was stocked up with new breakfast and lunch foods for Ty.  I have been wracking my brain to come up with new food ideas, and I got a few things.  One thing that I had decided was that Tyson needs to try a new fruit every week.  He just won't eat fruit and it is driving me crazy!!!!  So Shannon reminded me of how much Calleigh & Aubree (Coreys' girls) love blueberries, so I decided to try blueberries.  I set him up in his high chair and cut up a couple of blueberries for him to try.  He went to pick one up, felt it, and stopped cold.  He squished it between his fingers and made a face.  He didn't like the way they felt on his hands and he REFUSED TO EVEN TRY THEM!!!!  I kind of got mad.  I can understand if he tried them and didn't like the way they tasted, but he wouldn't even put them in his mouth!!!!  I ate one in front of him and even tried to put one in his mouth, but he acted like I was trying to kill him and he flailed his arms and spit them out whenever I got one in his mouth.  So I gave up.  Very discouraged.  I was more encouraged when he tried waffles for the first time and he loved them.  Of course he did.  He is a carb-a-holic.  He also got his first taste of maple syrup and I realized that it was his first real direct taste of sugar and I wondered if he would have a hyper reaction.  Well, I got my answer when within 5 minutes, he got very excited in his high chair and proceeded to hit himself in the face quite a few times!!!!  He's a strange one all right! (=  Shannon returned the favor of baby-sitting in the afternoon and watched Ty while I took my turn and got my haircut.  I came back and my hair still wasn't how I wanted it.  I even made the hairdresser redo it once, but I couldn't make her redo it a second time in one haircut!  And all I could think of was that Shannon was stuck with 2 kids and I had to rush back to her!  Ty was a good boy and entertained himself well, so that was good.  The food drama continued at supper when Heath & I had made homemade pizza.  I had put pineapple on my half and I decided to try to pineapple again with Tyson.  I don't know why I put myself through this two times in one day, but I'm a glutton for punishment.  I gave Ty about 3 or 4 pieces of pineapple on his tray and I had walked into the family room for a minute.  I came back into the kitchen and checked on Ty with his progress.  And his tray was empty!!!!  I was so excited!  I screamed at Heath that Ty had eaten the pineapple and then got out more for him!  I was so stoked and cut up some more pieces and put it on his tray.  And that is when I had noticed that Ty had taken all the pieces of pineapple and stuffed them in the pocket of his bib.  Are you kidding me????  So that was a bit of a let down.  Someday he'll eat real fruit.  Someday.

"I don't like you blueberries!"

Hitting himself in the face after having syrup!

Hiding pineapple!  What a rascal!

On Wednesday, I worked and there isn't a thing to report.  Well, I didn't feel that great after work and didn't go to my dumpster.  That was a hard decision to make, even though I didn't feel good.  I felt like I was losing on deals!

On Thursday, Ty and I had to get up very early to make it to the pediatrician's office by 9:15.  I had gotten a message from the office the day before confirming my appointment.  I had remembered that it was 10:00, but they swore to me that it was 9:15.  I know they messed up because I would NEVER have in my right mind EVER made an appointment for 9:15.  Ty & I usually have just gotten out of bed at that time!  Anyways, we made it on time, amazingly.  Ty needed his 2nd flu shot and they were going to recheck his ears.  His ears were perfect but the doctor said, "He has pneumonia."  What?  Yes, he had a cold, but he was sounding so much better and was barely coughing anymore.  No Xray was done or anything.  She said not to freak out that a lot of kids were getting pneumonia right now and that he just needed another antibiotic.  I was worried about another drug reaction, but he did great.  He went on Zithromax and didn't have any problems.  He didn't get his flu shot - the doctor wanted to recheck his lungs in another week and would give him his shot then.  Anyways, Ty & I rushed home because I was on a major deadline.  I can't discuss it now, it is a Christmas present.. but all I can tell you is that the only day that I needed to focus on something 100% was the day that Tyson would NOT leave me alone.  He wouldn't play with his toys, like he normally does.. all he wanted to do was grab at me & "my project" and whine.  Not a good day for that.  But what can you do?  Despite Tyson's antics, I made my deadline so that was great.  On Thursday night, just us & Adam headed out on errands.  I went back to the hairdressers and had them fix my hair.  I love it - I really do... I have never had it so short, but they hacked the back.  It is shaved in the back, and I love how short it is.. but they didn't blend the top of my hair into the shaved section... it is very blunt, almost like there is a line there.  So I don't love that, but I don't have to look at the back so that is good! (=  After the errands, we went to the mexican restaurant and Tyson's bad eating continued this week and he still won't eat mexican!  Someday.  Someday. 

Have a great week!  I hope to be getting this week's blog out shortly!  So you'll be hearing from me soon! (=

One of our favorites things he does... he desperately tries to tell us something... he gestures very expressively and uses baby jibberish with such emphasis!

Here he is again doing the same thing!

He is pretty smart.  He took the CD case and put it in the CD player - like a regular CD!  How was he supposed to know that it won't play?! (=

Blue eyes...

2 comments:

Mia Valeriani said...

Hahaha Tyson is getting so big so quickly. He sure is just like me NO FRUIT!!! hahaha! Well Merry Christmas you guys see you soon! (=

Corey said...

How bizarre that some kids just love fruit, can't get enough in fact, and then others won't touch it with a ten foot pole. We're all different I guess. As for your meatball story, yes, I do think they get sick of things. Calleigh used to eat pasta all the time. She absolutely loved it and I probably served it every other day. Then one day she just didn't like it any more and to this day, really isn't excited about it at all. He does seem a little young to already be going through that though.