"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Dedication, Lying Down, 12m Clothes & Kisses

Week 57

Disclaimer:  I misplaced my camera while at the Edwards over Thanksgiving (it was lost in the couch cushions at the Edwards' house), so the pictures are few and far between.

On Thanksgiving night, Ty had a terrible time - he was very uncomfortable with his rash.  Heath got up super early and went to a few stores for Black Friday.  He got us a new printer that we desperately needed, which was great.  In the afternoon Ty's rash was getting worse by the minute and something had changed.  He had developed actual blisters and it was itching him.  He would do his own version of scratching his face, which was like hitting himself in the face!  Poor sweetie.  It got so bad that we called the on-call doctor for the THIRD time and got a THIRD doctor.  She actually agreed to have us email pictures to her, which we did.  When she called back she thought that the rash was an Amoxicillin rash.  It is a non-allergic rash that 10% of people will get with Amoxicillin.  There is nothing to do except give Benadryl for itching.  I asked about a steroid, but she said not unless the rash made blisters around his nose or mouth.  She said that they would probably try Amoxicillin again on him, because it isn't a true allergic reaction, but I'm not sure if I will agree to that.  I would hate if this rash happened again, because he did get miserable with it.  But we'll wait and cross that bridge when we have to.  So we chilled out all day at the Edwards and then headed to my parent's house for supper.  Aunt Lori was still there - she wanted to see Tyson before she went back to the Cape!  It was so nice of her to stay and see us!  We had tacos for supper and Ty ate the taco shells and vegeburger really well.  I get so proud of him when he eats real food!  My parents had gotten a crib and had it set up in Devin's old room.  I had given Ty some Benadryl just before bedtime for his itching, and the kid went beserk!  He started jumping up and down in the crib like a monkey in a cage!  He was ecstatic!  It was so cute!  He went right to sleep with his 5 minutes of cuddle time and slept great until... 3 AM.  Then the crying started.  I couldn't let him cry with other people trying to sleep in the house... so into our bed he came, as happy as a clam.  What are you going to do?

   Obviously not a picture from Friday, but this shows how he inspects his food!!    

On Sabbath, we got up a bit late and had trouble with all of us getting into the showers to get out of the house in time.  So, we didn't make Sabbath School.  One thing happened before we had left for church when I was changing Ty's diaper.  He was scratching at his right arm, when he looked at his arm and noticed the rash for the first time.  He brought his arm right up to his face and just stared and stared at it... then he took his left hand and started rubbing his right arm, trying to rub the rash off!  It was so funny!  Ty was pretty active at church again - he took one of his toys and crawled underneath the pew and put the toy in a purse belonging to the person behind us!  What a rascal.  At the end of the church service, we finally had Tyson officially dedicated to God.   I had wanted to do it in Nova Scotia, but Heath's parents couldn't make it, so we didn't do it. I really wanted Papa to dedicate him, so he was here for Thanksgiving, so it was perfect!  Papa held Ty, but then Ty put his arms out and I took him, but then he put his arms out and wanted to go to Daddy.  Right in front of the whole church, I was dissed by my own son.  Let me tell you, I will never hear the end of it with Heath.  But if anyone has been around Ty and Heath, you would know that they have a special bond.  That is for sure.  Wish I could show you pictures of the dedication, but my camera was missing.  I know Sonia has some, but I haven't gotten them yet.  Ty fell asleep on the way home and then slept in his car seat for a good 45 minutes at home.  How am I ever going to take him out of his infant car seat?  It is going to be so hard.  Ty had an off day with the real food and refused to eat any lentils or rice.  I tried to have him feed himself and then I ground it up and nothing worked.  So frustrating.  In the afternoon we went over to Devin & Leigh's before Devin had to go to work, and saw "The Legend."  "The Legend" is Devin's monster deer that Devin got last year in Nebraska.  It is absolutely huge and people used to go to Nebraska hunting just to try to get this deer and Devin got him!  So "The Legend" had just arrived - all mounted and perfect.  So proud of Dev!  Ty wouldn't take a late afternoon nap, so that was out.  He actually ate well on Saturday night and had grillers, peas, and rolls.  Good boy!  Ty's rash was still just as bad as ever - I started to wonder if Tyson would ever look normal again.

This just isn't normal...

On Sunday Ty woke up screaming at 6 AM like he was in pain - but not acting colicky.  It took quite awhile to calm him down and get him to go back to sleep and I felt terrible that he was probably waking everyone up.  When he really woke up, the rash on his face and chest looked better, but his arms and legs were still horrible.  Shannon made us a great breakfast and I was psyched when Tyson finally ate some potatoes and seemed to enjoy them!  We headed home at around 11:00 or so.  Heath got some yard work done and Ty and I worked hard to get the house in order for company.  We had my parents, grandparents, and Shannon & Sean over for the Patriots game and pizza.  Ty seemed really happy to be home.  He started doing something else new.  He will be playing around like mad, when he just lays down on the ground and takes a little rest for awhile!  It's not even when he is ready for a nap... it can be anytime now!  It's so cute.  Well, Ty loved the pizza and fed himself a whole bunch of it!  While everyone was over, Ty decided that he was just going to walk all over the house! (=  It's like the light bulb went off in his head that he wanted to do it!  He's so cute walking!  His legs are all stiff and straight and he'll usually have his arms in front of him - he looks like a zombie!  Ty went right to sleep after, yes, 5 minutes of cuddling, which he has been doing most of the time lately.  When he went to sleep, I jetted to Walgreens to get a few things (a free foot-rubbing cream and Pantene for $1).  It was depressing to go from the Black Friday sales to the regular weekly sales at pharmacies.  I didn't even bother going to CVS or Rite Aid, because there was nothing on-sale I wanted to get.

A few pics of him doing his laying-down thing

Another one...

Still holding on... but then he took off!

On Monday I was pleased to wake up at 7 AM with Tyson having slept through the night without waking up.  I chalked it up to being on the Benadryl (yes, he was still taking it, because his extremities still looked terrible).  We were supposed to go meet 5 girls from work with their kids at one of the girl's house for a play group, but the hosting mother's daughter got sick... so we all stayed away.  So instead of a fun play group, I reorganized Tyson's clothes.  I see that this a major project that happens every couple of months.  I am happy to report that Tyson is officially in 12 month clothes!  He actually has caught up to the actual age that he is!!!!  It's a miracle!  It's also a miracle that Ty took a nice 1 1/2 hour morning nap!  Love it!  Shannon & Fin came over for a bit in the afternoon and Tyson still was walking all over the place!  He also did something new that I'm not sure if he meant or not.  He was sitting on my lap, facing me - when he kissed me twice.  I'm just not sure if it was purposeful or not - but I'll take it (even if they were open-mouthed)!  Late afternoon we went grocery shopping at Hannaford.  I actually ended up going to Market Basket for a couple of good sale items, but at least it was a quick trip.  Ty got his second nap of the day by falling asleep on the 5 minute trip home.  Nice!  What wasn't so nice was that Ty would not touch the American Chop Suey that Heath made for supper.  What's not to love about pasta, burger, and cheese?  Maybe it was because he was a crazy, hyper kid before supper.  Crazy.   I was worried because he wasn't asleep after 5 minutes of cuddling, but I laid him down and he went right to sleep himself!  Good boy!

Ty reorganizing his diaper bag!  He has figured out how to open ziploc bags!

On Tuesday he slept all night long again without a peep until 7:30 AM!  I was in heaven.  Ty & I had to take Reeses to the vet first thing in the morning because she had been squinting her right eye a bit the day before and then on Tuesday, her right eye was goopy and she almost wouldn't open it at all.    I thought she had a corneal abrasion, but, alas, it was conjunctivitis.  Snickers has been obsessed with licking Reeses' eyes lately - so is she licking it because she knows Reeses has an infection and is trying to "clean" it or is she causing the  conjunctivitis with all the licking?  Not really sure.  We got some eye drops for her and we were off!  I left Snickers in the car (I had to bring her to the vet or she would have lost her mind to be at home without Reeses).  I could barely hold onto Ty and Reeses at the same time - and, of course, all Ty wanted to do was crawl all over the dirty vet floor!  On the way home, I stopped at our town hall to find out how to decrease the taxes on our home.  Since our appraisal came in so incredibly low, our taxes are way off.  The guy in charge of this issue was super nice and spent a lot of time with me talking about this issue.  The bottom line is everyone's taxes are way off because of the market, but our town's operating budget has not changed, therefore, there really isn't anything that will be done.  I can "do my homework and show my work" - basically do a bunch of research to try to prove that there are better houses in our town paying lower taxes than us (the chance of that happening is not great)... so I'd have to write a paper, pass it in, and pray for the best.  It is not a guarantee that they will lower the taxes, but we can try it.  With all my loads of free time, I'm not sure when I'll get around to doing this... especially since there are no guarantees.  Frustrating to say the least!  I must have spent 20 minutes with this guy at the town hall and Ty was an absolute angel.  He just let me hold him the whole time and didn't even try to get down.  Very unusual for him.  He took a great hour & 15 minute nap, then ate parts of a corn dog and soup well for lunch.  I got out my sewing machine to do a project and he was enthralled with it.  Again, he has about a million toys to play with... but there he was right at my side the entire time I was sewing.  He loved to grab the thread and pull and pull and pull... until I would stop the mess!  On Tuesday we received our Cyber Monday special that we had bought.  A new TV for our bedroom - Ty was psyched and wanted to help Heath getting it out of the packaging, and then wanted to hit it! (=  He was a crazy animal.  But at least he fell asleep again in 5 minutes at bedtime!

Eating his lunch of "real food"

"I want to help, Daddy!"

"I want to play with it, Daddy!"

Wednesday... - it's like Ty knows when it's the night before I work - because he always seems to have a bad night on Tuesday night!!!!  Of course, it was the first night that I hadn't given him Benadryl before bed - since his rash had almost completely gone.  He was up screaming from 1:30 to 2:45 AM.  Great times.  Well, he did have a great day with Noni, as usual.  I went to my dumpster, which is really filling up and only got 11 inserts.  I think it's harder to go through all the newspapers when the papers are a million deep.  And you don't feel like you've looked through them all.  Well, the good news is that Tyson went right to sleep for Heath (THAT is unusual) and slept the whole night again. I guess he knew that Mama would be home with him the next day and he could rest easy!

On Thursday Ty & I met Shannon at Kohl's in the morning for a little shopping, then we headed to the bank and to the outlets.  I had to return my new prized Edward shirt that I had just bought for my Twilight movie.  I had washed it per the instructions and the colors had run all through the shirt.  They didn't have anymore in my size, so that was a bummer.  What also was a bummer was that Ty was back to sleeping for 45 minutes for his nap - which is always depressing after the hour & a half naps lately.  Ty wouldn't take his afternoon nap, and I am afraid that he might be done with that nap.  Of course it never is very long, so it shouldn't make that much of a difference.  Instead of taking his nap, we had fun playing.  I was holding him facing me and pretended to drop him - and every time I brought his head up - he would throw his head back laughing hysterically - until he was throwing his entire body backward with such force that I thought he would flip himself over.  He was an animal, it was so cute.  On Thursday night we had our usual night out and went to the OG with my parents and Adam.  After that we went to Target and Best Buy.  We had to pick up our second Cyber Monday deal.  We bought a Canon Rebel Digital SLR camera from Best Buy using our credit card points.  The camera usually costs about $900, but on Cyber Monday Best Buy was offering a special deal with our credit card points.  We ended up spending $540 in credit card points, but not a cent out of pocket.  So that was exciting.  It is Heath's baby - I'm not sure if I'll be able to take decent pictures with the camera - but I'll give it a try at some point.

Ty grabbed a breadstick at the OG and shoved the whole thing in his mouth!

Have a great week everyone!





His new skill - kneeling on his ATV (he has face planted a couple of times because of this)

2 comments:

Corey said...

Oh, the poor thing with that rash. I remember that Calleigh had Roseola which was fairly bad but not to that extent. Geepers.

So proud of him for being in his actual size! But don't you feel like you're constantly rearranging, assessing, and moving clothes around? It really get so tiresome sometimes. Just wait until the bins start building up.

Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!!

Kelly said...

Can't wait to see you guys next weekend! Glad to see that Ty is feeling better!!