"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Thursday, March 1, 2012

Camera Case Crush, Falls, Crate, & 16 Month Stats

16 Months

I am so behind – I don’t usually post this late, but we’ve been busy.  This will probably be up for only a few days and then I will post this current week.  I’ll try to remember what happened!

2 Fridays ago, I really don’t have any recollection of what happened.  I’m sure it consisted of my new sewing project and Tyson playing around the house.  I know I have a picture of Ty falling into his toy basket and getting stuck!  He looked so pitiful, but I couldn’t help laughing!  Especially since he was trying to stand on it and do something naughty!  I know I tried a new dish on Friday night, chicken with spinach rice and raisins (I used Chicketts).  Shannon and Sean were up in Conway, since Shannon had to work, so we were on our own!  Heath liked the dish, so I might have to try it again with a couple of adjustments!  Tyson actually ate a bunch of raisins!  I consider raisins fruit, so I was pretty happy!

"Help me Mama!!"  Of course I grabbed my camera instead!!!!!

He just loves my sewing machine - he can't get enough of turning the light on and off

On Sabbath, I worked and Heath and Ty stayed home.  Tyson was still trying to get over his latest sickness (that I had given him).  Ty played hard again at home, despite his illness.  He, all of a sudden, found the velcro video camera case and fell in love with it!  He started carrying it around and putting it around his neck, just walking around with it dangling!  After work, we watched “Contagion”, which we thought was excellent.  It really makes you think of what the world would be like if we had a major outbreak of something scary.

Sitting in his car with the camera case around his neck

On Sunday, I worked again and Heath and Ty were home again too.  Heath said that he tried to do some projects in the basement, but when Ty almost “died twice”, he gave up.  Ty kept picking up various, dangerous tools and then tripped and fell, hitting his head on the cement floor.  Poor baby.  Before they picked up and went back upstairs, Heath said that he had the basement door open and had walked outside.  Well, here comes Ty following Heath and Heath said that Ty saw the open door and could not believe his good fortune!  He gingerly stepped through the door, looking from side to side, and couldn’t believe that Heath didn’t stop him!  He walked outside by himself for the first time!  He kept looking from side to side taking it all in and had the biggest smile on his face!  But then he slipped on some ice and took a header on the ground!  So much for the outside!  He had some major falls on that day.  Well, I had a horrific day – a very rare day that ended my shift with me in tears.  Very unusual.  I was so done with that place that I couldn’t bring myself to go to the pharmacies on the way home.  I just wanted to get home to my boys.

Safe upstairs, but climbing into the tupperware cabinet

That Monday was President’s Day and Heath had the day off!  He got up early and did some yard work, while Ty and I were sleeping in.  Then we went off to meet Sonia at Pizza Hut buffet for lunch.  She had the day off too, and really wanted to spend it with Ty.  Well, that didn’t happen.  Unfortunately, we got bad news at lunch.  Heath’s grandfather, Paul, has brain cancer.  He got rushed up to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center and Sonia went up there to be with Norma, Heath’s grandmother.  Rough times.  He went up there for further testing, so we anxiously waited for news.  In the meantime, we did some errands around town in preparation of Heath going to China this current week.  He has to go for a summit of meetings and has to do a presentation.  I wanted to go to China so bad, he is so lucky!

    Using Sonia's cell phone during lunch... he totally looks like he is texting

On Tuesday we hung around the house in the AM.  Camille called because she had gotten Acadia’s quilt and seemed to love it!  It’s so wonderful when someone likes your work!  Ty played around, as usual, but he actually pulled out all the dog’s blankets and climbed into their crate!  First time for that one!  It was so cute!  When Heath got home, we got in the car and started to drive to Dartmouth to see Paul.  Sonia called us when we were half-way there and said to not bother coming because he was being restrained and sedated because he was so agitated.  So that was a shame, since we really wanted to see him.  Norma and Sonia came back to our house to sleep, since we are only about an hour from Dartmouth.  I kept Tyson up to see them – which was about 10 PM.  I figured they needed to see his smiling face to keep their spirits up.  I think it worked.  A little bit.

Acadia's quilt

Coming out of the crate

Still loves looking in the mirror

On Wednesday, back to work I went, while Ty had a busy day of his own!  First of all, he turned 16 months!  What a big, big boy!  He is also a big boy because he gets to travel without his Mama!  He went up to Conway with Noni and Shannon and Finley for a doctor’s appointment for Shannon.  For lunch, they went to the Thai restaurant in Conway and met Devin & Leigh.  I was told that Tyson seemed very interested in the elephant statue that is in the restaurant.  Devin brought him over to the elephant to take another look, and that’s when Tyson let it known that he wasn’t curious about the elephant, he was scared!  Poor little scaredy-cat!  I didn’t dare hit up the dumpster one week after my almost run-in with the cop, so I headed right home after my shift.  Sonia and Norma stayed again on Wednesday night, so I saw them for a second before they went to bed.  Tyson didn’t stay up this time.

On Thursday, we got up early and went down for Tyson’s 15th month appointment (be it a little late).  He was in the 50th percentile for his length and head circumference and he was in the 15th percentile for his weight.  That is the best that he has ever been for his weight!  His length was 31 ½ inches, his head circumference was 18 inches, and he was 22 pounds 2 oz.  He got a pneumonia vaccination shot and didn’t cry at all when he was poked with a needle!  He is such a big kid!  He also proved he is a big kid, when he fed himself his whole fruit cup at lunch!  He has been doing bites here and there, but he ate the whole thing himself!  It just about killed me with my OCD to let him do it, because he gets quite messy, but I did it!  In the afternoon, he did the cutest thing.  He opened up the video camera case and pulled out the remote to play with it.  What was so cute, was that he took that small remote in his hand and couldn’t understand why it didn’t change the TV channel!!!!  He kept looking at the TV and looking at the remote… and you could see the wheels turning in his head!  So cute.  On Thursday night, we were going to go to Dartmouth again to see Paul, but Sonia and Norma called and said that he had been sleeping and out of it all day and that he hadn’t even known they were there… so again, they told us not to go.  They didn’t come to spend the night, because we were getting a snowstorm and went to their homes to get more belongings.  On Thursday night, we went out to the Mexican restaurant with my parents and Adam.  It was Heath’s “last meal” before he headed out to China.  We had a nice time, as usual.


So proud of him!

Trying desperately to get the remote to work!

He realized the remote didn't work, so he put it back!

Then he moved onto a bag of wipes instead

Have a good week (or should I say weekend!)

2 comments:

Shawn Brace said...

Thanks for the update, and I did love the quilt, Thank you again!!!CB

Kelly said...

I love Acadia's quilt! It is so cute! Loved seeing you guys last weekend. Ty is such a sweet boy. Wish we could see you guys more often!