"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Monday, February 20, 2012

Understanding Me, ATV ride, Helping & Hiding

15 Months & 3 Weeks

On Friday, we had a leisurely day at home, best that I can remember.  One thing that was awesome is that I am completely sure now that Tyson can understand me!  I was putting my make-up on in the bathroom and Ty came in, trying to pull all the things out of the drawers (which I had just finished picking up).  So I told him, "Tyson, go play with your books!"  He walked out of the bathroom, went into his room, picked up two books and brought them to me! (=  I mean, we need to work on the actual verb "play with them" instead of handing them to me, but he definitely knew what I meant!  It's so exciting, I can't tell you!  One big thing that I did was set up Tyson's bookcase in the afternoon, not that I could fit all his books in it, but the majority of them (for now).  Mom had given me the bookcase for Christmas, so last week I worked on painting it.  I had to do it at about 10 PM for two nights to get both coats on.  No way that I could paint with Tyson the Tornado around!  So it was great to get the bookcase up!  I had Heath screw it into the wall, because Tyson would have pulled that thing down on him in two seconds flat.  Of course, as soon as I was putting the books in, I realized with horror that Ty would have a blast pulling the books out continuously.  He's done it a bit, but not as much as I had intially feared.  Shannon & Fin came over in the afternoon to visit and then Heath and Sean got home and we had Friday night dinner.  Mom was under the weather, but Dad was supposed to come, but he got called in and couldn't come.  Oh, I forgot to mention, Tyson took his first ATV ride!!!! Heath was getting ready for his big ice-fishing derby and took Tyson around the house on the ATV about 4 or 5 times!  He didn't show too much expression, but he cried when Heath stopped it!  So he must of liked it!

First ATV ride

On Sabbath, Heath left at 4 AM for ice-fishing.  Ty and I went to Laconia church with Shannon, Sean, and Finley.  We made Sabbath school!  Ty, was a bit stand-offish at first, but then he warmed up at the end!  It was a good turn out - with 3 boys about Ty's age and 2 older boys.  Finley was the only gal!  Church was a bit of a handful with Ty.  He just can not sit still to save his life.  I brought a whole bag of toys this time, but he just wanted to run around.  The only thing that saved me was that they hand out a dixie cup full of goldfish for the kids at the end of Sabbath school.  I gave him one at a time, slowly, and it lasted the whole church!  I really do need to start bringing snacks, because that would definitely keep him quiet.  Ty is not much of a snacker at all (at least not yet), but church is definitely a time that I could bring out the snacks!  After church, I had a sinking feeling when I couldn't find my keys.  Well, this happens all the time, so I didn't necessarily panic, but we figured out that I had locked my keys in the car.  I was so mad!  I do the same, exact routine every time I am getting Ty out of his car seat.  I have the keys in my hand, I open Ty's door, push the automatic lock on my keys, put them in my pocket, and work on getting Ty out of his car seat.  Well, I was wearing a different coat than I usually wear and the pockets are very shallow.  The keys fell out of my pocket, just beside the car seat, and I didn't even know it.  So poor Shannon & Sean went to my house, grabbed the dreaded VALET KEY that I had such a horrible time with last week, and Shannon brought it back.  Sean was nice enough to get lunch going while this was all going on.  So I had to keep Ty occupied for another 30 minutes at church.  Of course, the valet key set off the alarm again, but I just grabbed my regular keys when I got the door open.  It was fine and I told Shannon that she saved me two times this past week with key-related issues!  Well, we had a nice lunch with the Frosts and Ty ate well.  Unfortunately, because of locking my keys in my car, and Ty's nap, and eating... we didn't have enough daylight to go visit Heath on the ice.  I was almost relieved because I have a major phobia about falling through the ice - and since it's been so warm...there is not a lot of ice out there.  I really didn't want to take any chances with the Ty Guy.  On Saturday night, I hosted a small "Breaking Dawn" party.  The latest Twilight movie came out on DVD on Saturday.  Heath made it off the ice, the Frosts were still here, and Mom and Dad came over.  Dad enjoys the movies (a bit), and Mom has seen every single one of them, but puts up a stink every time.  She made a point of saying that she wouldn't be watching the movie, but she would read a book.  Well, we had haystacks and then Tyson started going beserk!  He has decided that he loves to sleep in the dog bed.  He went over to the dogs (laying in the dog bed on the floor), pushed them out of their bed, and laid in it himself!!!!  He was a crazy kid, very, very hyper!  He was so cute.  But we couldn't hear anything of the movie... so we had to take a time-out and I put him to sleep (it was his bedtime anyway).  By the time we were starting the movie over, Shannon said, "I can't stay awake.  It's too late for me."  The Frosts headed home and Heath headed to bed himself, since he had been up at 3 AM and was exhausted.  That left Mom & Dad & I.  Dad fell asleep towards the end, so the only 2 people left were my mom and I.  And she was totally into it, as usual.  She will deny it, but she was!  So funny.


Heath's ice-fishing spot


Not a great shot of him in the bed, but you get the idea

On Sunday, Heath headed back to the ice at 4 AM.  Ty and I had the whole day to get out on the ice, but it was all of a sudden frigidly cold.  It was only in the teens and the wind was crazy.  I talked with Heath and he said that it was way too cold for Ty to come out.  So we stayed away, again.  Shannon & Fin came over at lunchtime to finish Breaking Dawn, so I watched it for the 2nd time.  Not complaining at all!  Then Ty and I braved the cold to go out to the pharmacies.  Not great deals to be had, my highlight was getting 5 cans of Campbell's tomato soup for $0.39 each!  While we were out shopping, Heath called and he came home early because of no fish and the freezing weather.  We got Thai take-out, which Ty usually loves.  For some reason, he just didn't feel like it.  He started helping me wipe up his highchair tabletop after he’s done eating!  And then he must have gotten jealous of Finley, for some reason.  I had her bouncer out that she always sits in, and he climbed right in!  One of the times, he stood up in the bouncer and then the other time he tried to lay down on it!  On Sunday night, Heath wanted to watch Breaking Dawn, so I watched it for the 3rd time that weekend.  I don't get tired of it!

So excited that Mama changed the batteries in his remote control car

Having to take a rest while playing so hard

On Monday, Ty and I got ready early in the morning and headed thrift storing with my mother, sister, and Fin.  Unfortunately, we did not realize that the thrift stores in our area are all closed on Monday!  What a let down.  Well, Goodwill is open, so we hit that.  Then we thought that this one consignment shop was open, so we pulled into the parking lot.  Shannon went and looked at the sign.  That's when the owner opened the door and told Shannon that she was closed, she was going through new items she had received, but that if we didn't mind the mess... we could come in!  She's so nice, we talk to her every time we go there.  So we went in and got quite a few things.  Ty is in desperate need of new pajamas.  I hardly have any 12-18 month pj's for him, but I scored and got about 5 of them!  I was so excited.  For some reason, Ty fought going to sleep during his usual nap-time, but fell asleep going home in the last 10 minutes.  Thank goodness he transfers to his crib well!  After his nap and eating lunch, we headed back out and went grocery shopping.  When we got home, Ty was so helpful!  He has always been interested in peering through all the grocery bags, but this was the first time that he actually picked up the items and handed them to me!  He was so cute!  He would hand something to me, I would put it away... and then he would hand the next thing to me!  What a big boy!  On Monday night, Heath and I went out a day early for Valentine's Day!  Yeah!  Date night!  Ty had a great night with Noni & Poppy and was taken to the OG with them.  They said he was very well behaved.  He went right to sleep for Noni, so that was good.  Heath & I watched "The Vow" and we thought it was excellent.  Then we headed to Chili's for supper.  It was a nice time out.  I keep  saying that we should do this once a month, but it never happens!

Having a "Lady & The Tramp" moment with a cookie we got at the grocery store

On Tuesday, it was Valentine's Day!  But it was also laundry day!  Ty continued his helpful ways and handed me the dirty clothes as I was loading the washing machine.  What a guy.  One thing he really started doing is just so cute.  He definitely thinks that “as long as I don’t see them, they can’t see me!”  I will be chasing Ty, when he thinks he’s hiding from me… and he will run into a corner and stand with his back to me and he has no idea I can see him!  He will do the same thing to the puppies too!  Tuesday morning, Mom came over for a quick visit.  She was baby-sitting Finley, since Shannon was working.   Then Ty and I ran and did some errands.  I had a horrible time that day with what I thought was allergies, but I found out later it wasn’t the case. 

It's hard to read but Heath wrote me a Valentine's Day message on our mirror 
(very romantic)

Happy to see Fin for her quick visit

Smiling at Noni

This is what he does over the course of the day

Can you see all the pens all over the floor?

On Wednesday I worked and Mom had some funny stories for me about Ty.  First of all, he stepped it up with teasing Snickers with her favorite toy.  He ran into the kitchen with the toy and he hid it on Snickers!  He stuffed it between the fridge and the wall!  What a smarty.  Another thing he started doing was clapping his hands when my Mom asked him too.  He’s just doing new things everyday!  So…I went to the dumpster for the first time in a month and my nightmare came true.  I cleaned house and got 25 inserts.  But then I was trying to get out, when I heard a car driving by.  I waited, but then the car slowed down, and PULLED INTO MY PARKING LOT!!!  AND…IT WAS A COP!!!  So I knew that my time had come that I would have to tell why the heck I was in a dumpster.  I figured that I should be pro-active and get out of the dumpster and tell him that I was looking for coupons, but I decided to stay put until he called me out.  There was no way he could miss me with my car parked right by the dumpster and my white step-stool right there, too.  Well, he made a big loop in the parking lot, slowed down by my car, and then just drove away!!!!  I was afraid he was going for back-up, so I basically threw myself out of the dumpster (getting a couple more bruises) and got the heck out of dodge.  One of my scariest nights.  My heart was pounding so hard.  Now I am going to be scared to go back there!  But not THAT scared.

Couple shots of him with the puppies & Snicker's favorite toy


On Thursday I realized that my allergies were actually a cold.  I wish I had realized it sooner or I would have toned down the kissing on Tyson.  Some day for fun I am going to count how many times I kiss Ty.  I mean, it has to be in the 100’s.  So, of course, Tyson sneezed about a million times on Thursday and I knew that I had given him the cold.  Poor bugger.  He’s always sick.  It wasn’t a big surprise that he cried for 10 minutes when he went down for his nap, since he was getting sick.  But he hadn’t cried going to sleep probably in about a month!  So that was too bad.  Ty and I puttered around in the AM and then we had a visit from my Jehovah’s Witness, who had hadn’t come around in months.  We had a nice Bible study, but it was an hour and a half.  She brought up some points that I am going to study to try to prove our beliefs – so it is really good for me to do this!  Thursday night, we headed to the Mexican restaurant with my parents.  Tyson was the life of the party again and just wanted to run around to other people’s tables and say hello.  What am I going to do with this boy?

Puttering around consisted of putting a headband on Ty and showing him in the mirror

Then he proceeded to kiss himself in the mirror!!!!

He grabbed a whole chip at the Mexican restaurant - I usually just break off pieces for him!

Poppy was talking to Ty all about basketball at the restaurant

Have a great week!  Here's a couple more random pics!



3 comments:

Mia Valeriani said...

Ha ha ha love the dumpster story!!!! We love the picture of him kissing himself in the mirror HEHE!!!!! Love you guys and miss you!

Corey said...

Look at your ratting out your mother!! Aren't you terrible! Ah yes, watching the same movie three times in two days. So reminds me of you in your younger years.

Kelly said...

We watched The Vow for Valentine's Day as well. I liked it, but wished the ending had more closure. Love all the Ty stories! He's a little rascal!