"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Paw-Squeezing, Vacuuming, Bad Tantrums & Jailbird

15 Months & 2 Weeks

Last Friday was the start of a very, exciting weekend (at the time).  I was pretty much obsessed.  About the Super Bowl.  I had been watching NFL network non-stop… I mean hours a day (mostly between the hours of 10 PM and 2 AM, because of Ty) and I had worn a Patriots shirt every day that week.  I have about 10 of them, so it wasn’t a problem.  Ty even joined me in his Patriots attire on Friday.  We did some errands, we went back to the fabric store to get more fabric for my next project.  It’s crazy, when I start sewing again, after a long hiatus, I just want to keep going!  And it’s good too, because I have quite a few more projects to go!  Ty was a good boy and still did his usual mischief.  Playing with the dog and getting into everything!  One of my main goals for Friday was to go through Ty’s clothes and get rid of things that are too small, AGAIN!  Corey is right, they grow so fast… you are constantly doing this!  I felt like I just did it!  Ty is in 12-18 months clothes now – sometimes straight up 18 months shirts!  I had to put away his 9 month clothing for good.  Of course, all the clothes that I put into piles, Ty could not resist grabbing handfuls and throwing them down the stairs!  Double the work, but at least it kept him occupied!  Shannon had to work the weekend, so the Frosts headed up to Conway, so we were by ourselves for Friday night supper.  I just love Friday nights.  They are great.  Jesus knew that we needed the Sabbath.  And we do! 

Oh yeah, Ty really noticed the new kitchen rugs that I got... he was admiring them here!

Throwing clothes down the stairs

And some more...

Trying to have Reeses chase him

Getting into Heath's laptop bag

On Sabbath, I had to work.  Heath & Ty stayed at home, as usual.  Nothing too much to report, except Heath noted that Ty “DOES NOT STOP ALL DAY!”  I don’t know if there was a real difference in 2 weeks (since the  last weekend I worked and Heath had him full time), but it was more noticeable to Heath somehow.  Well, I had a unique opportunity that presented itself to me on Saturday night.  I had been trying to get someone to come in early for me, so I could get home to watch the Super Bowl on time (I work until 7 pm, and then have a 40 minute drive)… but it was not working out to find coverage.  Well, they had a call-out on the night shift.  The evening charge nurse asked me, if I wanted to come in at 3 AM and work 3 AM – 3 PM, instead of 7AM-7PM.  I jumped at this chance immediately!!!!  Well, first I called Heath to tell him that I would need to go directly to bed when I got home and that he would be on his own with Ty (for supper and bedtime).  So I got to bed at 8:15 PM on the dot.  I was worried that I wouldn’t be able to fall asleep right away, since I’m such a night-owl, but I have been a bit sleep deprived and I went right out!

I got up at 1:15 AM on Sunday morning.  The things you do for football!  I went to work and didn’t have any problems staying awake, since I was so amped up.  I completely, whole-heartedly thought that the Pats were going to win.  I just felt it.  Too bad those feelings were completely wrong.  I headed straight home and got the house in order, for our Super Bowl party.  We had my parents, Aunt Sherrie & Uncle Kevin, Shannon, Sean, & Finley over.  I had tried to get Devin & Leigh to come, but they would have gotten home so late… and it being a school night for Mia… they weren’t able to come.  We had a feast of pizza, chips & salsa, and root beer floats.  I was so nerved up that I was barely able to eat anything.  Ty acted shy around everyone at first for some reason, but they turned into the party animal that he is.  When they lost, I think I was in shock, since I really believed they were going to win.  I talked with Corey and said that I thought that I had grown-up as a person, since I hadn’t cried when they lost.  Well, I spoke a little too soon.  I ended up seeing some of the post-conferences with Brady and Welker, and Welker was crying and I just couldn’t help but cry.  Cry for what he is going to have to burden and cry for the bitter disappointment of it all.  OK, enough of it.  I still can’t talk too much about it.  But it is getting better a week out.

I WAS SO ANXIOUS DURING THE GAME THAT I DIDN'T TAKE 1 PICTURE!!!!  

On Monday, Ty and I did our usual pharmacy and grocery store runs.  I can’t remember the deals I got, probably since I was in a post-Super Bowl-emotional-hangover.  The cherry on the top was when I went to the grocery store.  One of the clerks asked me, “Do you think your little boy would like a balloon?  We have so many from the Super Bowl that we are giving them away.”  I looked right at him and said, “Well, I don’t really want to look at the balloon all week and remember… but for my boy, I’ll do it!”  Tyson thought he had won the lottery!  You should have seen the smiles and how he gazed at it, while we were walking out of the store.  When we got home, he still loved it…. but if I batted it and it would get too near him, he would run away, like he was scared!!!  Fine line between loving and being scared, I guess!  One terrible thing happened that afternoon.  I was getting Ty’s lunch ready, when I heard a horrible sound that I had never heard coming from one of the dogs.  I ran into the family room and found Tyson pulling on one of Snicker’s legs and was squeezing her paw very hard.  Snickers was screaming.  To her credit, she did not bite him and he deserved to be bit.  I was so angry.  I spanked him (which he must not feel any pain whatsoever, since he never cries) and put him in “jail.”  Then I grabbed Snickers and loved on her, telling her how proud I was that she didn’t bite him.  I told her that he didn’t know what he was doing and that she should probably run if he comes close to her again.  I think she understood me, because she hid underneath the couch quite a bit the rest of the day.  It was just awful.

Ty's balloon

Loving to play with it

Gazing adoringly at the balloon

On Tuesday we had a busy day.  Mom, Shannon, Finley, Ty & I went shopping all day.  We went to Manchester and hit up a ton of stores and went to Chipotle for lunch.  I have to say that I am really impressed with their kid menu.  It doesn’t give out a lot of information, so I thought it was a rip-off that I was going to have to pay $3.25 for a cheese quesadilla for Ty.  But I was pleasantly surprised when it came with black beans, rice, a bag of home-made tortilla chips, and either milk or juice.  Very nice.  But what isn’t nice is that fact that Chipotle does not have a changing table in their restaurant!  I know that I have said this before, but shouldn’t it be a freaking law that every establishment has a changing table?!!!!  Is this really too much to ask for?  Ty did great in the stores.  I tried a new trick.  I have been so sick of him throwing everything that I give him in the stores to keep him occupied, on the floor.  So I brought a couple of his toys that have clips on them and I clipped them to the shopping cart!  Worked like a charm.  I’m sure other people have come up with this before, but it just came to me, so I felt a tad brilliant.  My big reason for going to Manchester was to find bathroom rugs and a hamper for our room.  I have now been to 17 stores (not joking) and have completely struck out.  I have struck out on-line too, so I’m not sure what I am going to do.  After shopping all day, we and the Frosts went to the OG for supper.  My mom headed home, since my dad was on-call.  We went out on Tuesday, because Sean had a soccer game on Thursday (he is in a league at work).  We had a nice time, but we were tired after the long day of shopping. 

Eating some lemon at the OG

On Wednesday, back to work I went and Ty had a great day with Noni.  My day was fine until I went to drive home.  Long story short, Heath had used my car keys the night before… and I couldn’t find them in the morning when I left for work.  I had grabbed the spare key for our Subaru and drove it down to work with no problem.  When I went to get into my car, the key opened the door, but set off the car alarm, and would not start my car!!!!  It was all of a sudden, not recognizing the key.  I read the manual, which said it was a valet key.  You are supposed to be able to give it to a valet worker, to open your door and start your car…. But it doesn’t unlock the truck or the glove box.  So there was no reason that it wasn’t recognizing the key!!!  Our security guard tried to help me, but nothing worked.  I was so frustrated.  What was worse was I tried to get a hold of Heath, since I knew he would know how to fix it… but I couldn’t get him on his cell phone.  I knew exactly what had happened… he was in the basement working on a project and left his phone upstairs.  Well, I kept trying to call him for an hour.  I ended up calling Shannon to see if Sean had any ideas, but he was already asleep, so bless her heart, she got in her car and drove to my house to tell Heath to call me.  I’ll be forever grateful to her for that.  Of course, within about 10 minutes… Heath had the key working again and I was on my way.  But I was so frustrated and tired.  What an ordeal.  And another week of not going to the dumpster.

Having a blast pushing our bar stool all over the kitchen

Grinning at one of the dogs

On Thursday, Ty and I spent the entire day cleaning the house.  He is just so cute!  He loves the vacuum so much and even grabbed it himself and pushed it forward, like he was actually vacuuming!  One time, though, I was pushing it along – and then I reached back and pulled the canister to me – not knowing that Tyson was holding onto the cord – and I pulled Tyson right to the ground!  Poor thing, but he didn’t even cry!  He’s such a good sport.  But some negative things happened too, during the day.  He grabbed Reeses’ leg, just like he had with Snickers… thank goodness I was right there and caught him immediately, before he could hurt her… but I was so mad that he did it again!  Back to jail he went!  He is also starting to have major temper tantrums.  Ridiculous ones.  During lunch, he set his sights on the remote control to the Ipod player… and wanted to hold it.  Well, he was feeding himself pasta and had sauce all over his hands.  I wasn’t about to have him get the remote all dirty… well, he lost his cool completely.  So much so, that he refused to eat anymore.  It was crazy.  And sometimes, if I tell him, “No” and physically remove him from something… he goes all stiff in my arms, kicks his legs furiously, and screams.  I mean, he is 15 months old.  How does it get worse than this?  On Thursday night, I was getting supper ready, and Heath had left his tupperware that he had brought to work on an end table.  Ty grabbed it, had opened the cover, and was putting his hands all through the dirty tupperware (with spaghetti sauce) and getting it on himself and the carpet.  So I tell him, “No” and took the tupperware away.  Well, he got so angry and reached over me and grabbed the tupperware right back out of my hands!!!  Oh… you could have seen the steam coming out of my ears! I told him, “No, you didn’t just do that!”  Back to jail he went AGAIN.  He is going to be frequenting that place, I’m afraid.

Helping Mama with the vacuuming

After one of his temper tantrums in his high chair

Well, have a great week!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love the Ty stories! So bummed I'm not going to get to see you this weekend!