"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Busy Week: Light Switches, Nose-Pinching, Dog-Torturing, Stair-Throwing, "Dennis The Menace", Trampoline-Climbing, & Dishwasher-Pulling

15 Month & 1 Week

Last Friday was pajama day again!!!  I spent the majority of the day sewing and Tyson played hard.  When I say that, I'm not joking.  The kid does NOT stop.  He constantly is doing something, getting into something...he is so funny to watch.  Thank goodness he does well at entertaining himself now.  A couple of new things that he is doing are turning on and off the lights before naps and bedtime (while I am holding him, of course) and he has seemed to have found his nose.  He walks around, pinching it – like something stinks!  And I think he is trying to pick it sometimes!  Another new thing is that he is getting more interested in feeding himself with a spoon.  Of course that causes a major mess, but I’m trying to have him practice.  Another thing he loves to do is throw whatever he can get his hands on down the stairs!!  This could be candles, books, and clothes.  He is a crazy kid!!  Well, on that Friday, we were going to go to the Edwards that night, but it had been freezing rain all day... and I just didn't want to get out of my jammies!  Actually, I am seriously sick of leaving every weekend and packing everything up.  I just want to stay home for awhile.  So we stayed home and actually Adam came to spend the night again, since the roads weren't great.  We had a good get together with Shannon, Sean & Finley coming over too.  I made a Thai coconut milk soup with tofu.  Everyone seemed to like it a lot, especially Ty!  I was psyched!  Any type of soup he seems to love.  It's great, but I know it's because it is smooth without much texture!!!

Ty's handiwork

On Sabbath morning, we went to Laconia church with Adam.  We hadn't been there in forever and it was good to see Matt & Jill Harlow.  I just like a small church - guess it makes me feel like my home church.  We were rushed to get out of the house (what is new) and I forgot the diaper bag.  Not a big deal on the diaper front, since Ty just had a big poop before we left the house.  But what was a big deal is that we didn't have any toys for Ty during church.  Not a great thing.  Now, I must say that he does not play with many toys for long and pretty much just wants our cell phones and keys.  But you just run out of things faster.  But the pastor's wife (who we were sitting with) took pity on us and found us some books and a puzzle.  Of course that makes me feel like a terrible mother, since I was unprepared.  But what do you do?  After church, we rushed home, packed a sack lunch, loaded up the ATV's and headed to the Edwards' house.  We were delivering Keith's ATV to him.  When we got to the Edwards, the boys went ATVing and Ty and I chilled at the house.  Ty is always happy to see his box of toys at Grammy's house, so that kept him busy.  Sonia got back from a memorial service late in the afternoon.  You should have seen Tyson when she came through the door!  It was so so cute!  Biggest smiles and he does this little excited, hyperventilating giggle!  It is to die for.  He also waved at Grampy when he saw him for the first time, through the window!  Grampy was very happy to see that!  Unfortunately, when they started up the ATV's, Tyson freaked out a little bit and ran over to me with his arms out for a hug!  He's still scared of it!  In the evening, we went out to dinner and tried a new restaurant.  It was OK.  We didn't love it and we didn't hate it.  Tyson got a kid's pizza and nearly ate the entire thing!  It was pretty big too!  He was a big hit, as usual, at the restaurant.  Everyone was oohing and aahing over him.  I have to agree that he is the cutest kid ever.  We headed home after the restaurant and got home at about 10:30 PM.

H really almost ate this entire pizza!  

On Sunday we did projects around the house.  Of course I was still doing my sewing and then Ty & I went to the pharmacies, the grocery store, and Kohl's.  I got a new shower curtain for my upstairs bathroom - so I was very excited about it.  I didn't get much at the pharmacies... but I did score 6 Ragu spaghetti sauces for $.75 each!  Whoo hoo!  I was almost out in my stockpile too!  Then at Hannaford, they had a bunch of bottles of Martinelli's sparkling drink for $0.75 each also!  I think they had way too much over the holidays and had it on clearance.  They were all sparkling apple grape drink.  We had never had it before.  But I took a chance and got 8 bottles of it.  I should have cleaned it out, because it is really good!  Ty was very good during this shopping trip, amazingly so.  But it wasn't like 2 weeks ago when he slept for almost 3 hours!

Very excited about going through all the grocery bags

Ty & Reeses both checking out the goods

Ty desperately trying to grab some food through the child-proof lock - and was very distressed about it!  

On Monday, I had to work.  Someone needed to switch with me at work. I worked 10a-10p and Shannon had double duty with both the kids, since my Mom and Dad were on their vacation out west.  Everything went fine, but Shannon did say, "Alison, Tyson is Dennis the Menace.  He is always getting into mischief!"  And that is a fitting nickname for him, let me tell you.  He has graduated in his games with the dogs to pulling them off the couch while they are still in their bed!  He is kind of torturing them - his version of petting them is pretty spastic hitting.  I've got to keep my eye on all of them at all times!  Anyways, I missed the dumpster for the 3rd week in a row because I had to get right home and get to sleep... because Finley Mae was being dropped off at my house at 6:30 AM!!!


Dennis the Menace in action - putting two balls in my shoe

Tyson pulled the dog's bed off the couch, and dragged it into the kitchen.  He is very impressed with himself!

Tuesday was my D-day.  It was my turn for my double duty kids day with Ty and Fin.  I was kind of worried of how it would go, but it went great!  I can officially say that I am ready for 2 kids now!  I can do it!  Of course I didn't get much done, but Ty and I both got dressed, which was better than I expected. I thought we were just going to hang in our pajamas, but Finley Mae was much better behaved than my last baby-sitting fiasco.  We got into a good routine - thank goodness Finley & Tyson's eating schedule was off-set just enough!  Tyson is getting down-right angry now if he is overdue to eat.  Speaking of eating, I was giving Finley her bottle and Tyson thought that it was his (we have the same breast pump with the same bottles).  I told him, "This is Finley's.  Go get your Nubby."  So he walked right to the middle of the room, grabbed his sippy cup, and brought it to me.  I think that is the first time that I felt that he actually understood me and did what I asked!!!!  Very exciting.  Tyson was trying to be a bit too helpful with Finley, though... helping her put her binky back in her mouth... but was using a bit too much force!  At least it's better than him stealing the binky and putting it in his own mouth! Well, Sean got home at about 5:45 PM and then Finley started her really fussy time.  So that was too bad.  Sean & Fin stayed for supper, then headed home to meet Shannon.  Heath was trying to work on a few things, so I gave Ty his bath.  Heath is always the one who gives Ty his bath usually, while I clean up the kitchen.  Tyson is so stinking cute in the tub.  So it is good for me to do it every once in awhile.  But he loves to stand up now in the tub - which he did and then proceeded to pee a gallon in the tub!  Fun times.


Double duty!

I got some great shots of Fin - while Tyson was sleeping



He stole my napkin, ripped it up into pieces, and then put them through the holes on this toy

It was nice to be home on a Wednesday for a change.  I tried my last fruit with Tyson for awhile.  He just would not eat strawberries.  I would get a piece in his mouth and he would immediately spit it out.  I'm taking a break for awhile.  I'm still giving him his baby food fruit, but it's just ridiculous.  He's a big boy now.  So let's see... Wednesday was my big laundry day.  Shannon & Finley came over for a visit in the afternoon, which was nice and then Ty & I did some errands later in the afternoon.  Tyson did a bunch of new things on this day.  First of all, he has figured out how to climb onto his trampoline and he has been jumping!  It is so cute, but then he tries to get onto the couch from the trampoline and I think he's going to fall.  Also, I'm afraid he's going to pull the bookcase full of movies onto himself, so I've asked Heath to bolt it to the wall.  Then, he pulled the bottom part of the dishwasher onto himself!  I had just told him not to grab at the dishes, when he grabbed the whole thing and pulled.  So he fell onto his back, with the whole thing falling on top of him - dishes flying everywhere!  It was quite a scene.  He wasn't hurt at all, but it scared him.  Let's see if it scares him away from the dishwasher completely.  But I doubt it.


Getting off the trampoline

On Thursday I was in a major push to get Acadia's quilt done.  I think I've been working on it 3 weeks and it finally got done!  It's so nice to finish something!  I don't want to post a picture until I send it to Shawn & Camille - which I'm going to have to wait to do since they are going to New Zealand on Monday!!!!  Shawn got asked to speak last minute at a conference - super exciting for them!  So on Thursday, Mom & Dad got back from their trip and they joined us out at the mexican restaurant.  Tyson ate well, but we had to hold his arms down and force-feed him a bite of my enchiladas first!  It's so annoying.  People must think we are torturing him - but as soon as we give him a taste - he goes right to town!  He's a little funny that way.  We hit up Lowe's and Walmart after that.  I got some new rugs for the kitchen at Lowe's which I had been looking awhile for.  Tyson did a good job in the stores.  Somehow he seems to be better for Daddy than Mama.  Hmmm.


If you look super closely, you will see that Tyson is wearing a sash from fabric I was working on!  He loves to touch everything!


Have a great week!

2 comments:

Corey said...

Geez, I'm worn out just reading all this. Is this what I have to look forward to with a boy? I don't remember the girls being this much work! By the way, I love his haircut!

Kelly said...

Ty and Finley are both getting so big! I think I might be coming up next weekend with my parents. I was disappointed to hear you and Shannon are both working. You need to make a trip down to the Cape sometime soon!!