"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Lawroweld Wedding, "Go!", Tongue Problem, Requesting Music, Nanny & Papa Are Here, Bedtime Problems & Halloween


Wes:  11 Months & 1 Week Old  
Ty:  3 Years & 1 Week Old

Last Friday was a crazy day for me.  Heath and I had talked on Thursday night about possibly going up to Camp Lawroweld on Friday night, since his cousin, Greg was getting married there on Sabbath.  But we had come to the conclusion that we would just go up for the day on Sabbath and leave the dogs, either in the basement or in our bigger bathroom (so they wouldn’t pee everywhere in our house).  So I had not started to get anything together for our “day trip” when Heath called at 12:30 PM and said that he had talked to Greg and everyone was bringing their dogs to Lawroweld.  Problem solved.  We would go up on Friday night and take the dogs with us.  Great arrangement, but I had only a few hours to get everything together – in between naps, lunches, and bathroom trips/diaper changes.  Thank goodness I had switched my grocery day!  I was a tad on the stressed side (hard to imagine, right?) and I had snapped at Tyson for something.  He brought me completely back down to Earth when he said, “Mama, why you talking like that?”  That cut me to my core and I could not believe the insightfulness of my boy!  I needed to hear that!  Despite everything, we managed to get it all done and got out of here at 6:30 PM and got to Lawroweld by 9:30 PM.  We stayed in one of the main staff cabins (the name escapes me) and it had a stove that kept the living room super hot, but our rooms were on the chilly side.  Wes had another scream fest before bed, but I couldn’t blame him in this completely new environment.  We were staying in the cabin with Heath’s Uncle Danny & Aunt Janet, Aunt Sandi, cousins Lexie, Dana, and Chris.  We had a great time staying up talking and giving last minute advice to Greg, who was hanging out with us in the cabin.  We couldn’t get Tyson to wind down and he wouldn’t fall asleep until 11:30 PM, when I finally had to lie down with him until he was out.

Can you imagine a prettier place for a wedding?


Sabbath was the wedding at 11:00 AM in the lodge.  It was beautiful ceremony with the most beautiful vows I have ever heard.  The vows were both completely centered on Jesus and made everyone cry.  Their story is a special one.  They were set up by Greg’s uncle, Alan, just about 3 months ago at a family party.  They were up all night that first night that they met reading the Bible together.  By the end of the first weekend they met, they knew (and told everyone) that they were going to get married.  And here they are... married!  We had the reception in the lodge, the cousins decorated their truck, and off they went!  We stayed helping clean up and then we started the trek home.  We stopped in Conway after sundown and went to the Christmas Tree Shop and then out to Friendly’s for supper with Keith, Sonia & Adam.  We got home around 11 PM or so and the boys had fallen asleep in the car.  Busy day!


The groom walking up to the lodge for the wedding

Raphael & Greg right after they were pronounced

Wedding cake made by Norma & decorated by Greg

Right before cutting the cake

Enjoying his cake

I think this picture is funny - Westin finally gets the fork, insistent that he was going to eat cake and Sonia is consoling Ty in the background because he can't have more cake!

Still trying to taste the cake!

Going away!

Ty watching them leave -  hands in his pockets again!

Driving home from the wedding - just a tad exhausted

Loving pickles at Friendly's

What a day...first wedding cake and then cotton candy ice-cream!

Sunday I worked 3p-3a.  We had a nice breakfast together and then I bowed out to go to the pharmacies while the kids were down for their naps.  Heath & the boys went shopping on some errands and that was about the extent of the excitement for the day. 



Monday I picked up most of the day.  It is astounding to me that you can be out of the house for 2 days and the mess that is left behind is unreal.  You just don’t realize how much you actually are picking up as you go throughout your day – until you are not there to do it!  I kind of lost it on Heath.  I had killed myself to the last second before I left on Sunday unloading the dishwasher, so that Heath could load it up.  Did he put 1 dish in the dishwasher?  Of course not.  Frustrating.  Westin has started to say another word now!  Ty is always counting “1, 2, 3, Go!  Go!”  Well, now Westin is saying, “Go! Go!”  It is so cute to see him putting things together now!  Something that isn’t so cute is Westin’s tongue.  I’m not sure if he just “found” his tongue, or if he is going to start doing what Ty & Sonia do.  He is sticking his tongue out all the time now!  I hope this is just a phase!  During lunch, Ty asked me to turn the iPod on, which I did.  But I could not believe when he asked for “Ichael Jacksum!”  He wanted Michael Jackson!  We had listened to a Michael Jackson song on Friday while we were packing, so he obviously remembered!  I hope he will be a lover of music, as I am.  


I asked Ty to pick up the kitchen stuff that was strewn everywhere - and he picked up all the toys!  He was so proud!

As much as his tongue is out all the time, I haven't been able to capture it on camera.  This is as close as I have gotten!

On Tuesday we went to Lots 4 Tots thrift store with Shannon & the kids.  We had a pretty good arrangement going.  Shannon took Griffin in the store and shopped for 30 minutes, while I had Ty, Finley & Wes in the car.  Then I took Wes in the store and shopped for 30 minutes, while Shannon watched Ty, Fin & Griffin in the car.  We both got some deals and then headed home.  We went out to eat on Tuesday night, since I wanted to take the kids trick-or-treating on Halloween on Thursday.  So we went to the Mexican restaurant with Adam that night.  Fun times.


It was naive of me to think that they would just watch a video together

Having fun in the backseat

On Wednesday I worked my normal 3p-3a shift and Noni & my grandparents came to watch the boys.  They had all flown in from Florida the day before and it was great to see them!  Ty’s schedule was completely messed up that day when he woke up for the day at 10 AM.  I couldn’t believe it, but I guess it makes sense, since it took him 2 hours to fall asleep the night before –so he didn’t go to sleep until 10:30 PM.  He has been giving us so much trouble going to sleep at night.  He give us every excuse in the book to avoid going to sleep...going to the bathroom, asking for us to tuck him in, asking us to hold his hand, asking for a snack...everything you can possibly imagine.  This has been an ongoing problem for weeks, but it has reached an all-time high.  I’m not really sure what to do about this.  I’m hoping he will outgrow this phase and soon.  Wednesday night the Red Sox won the World Series and I was able to watch the 9th inning at work.  I was torn between wanting them to win in Game 6, so the pressure of Game 7 wouldn’t be there...but I wanted to watch the whole game!  But I was very happy and proud of the Sox.  I guess I had to stop watching baseball in order for the Sox to win another championship.  Glad to help them out! 


This is a dessert that someone brought to work - yes, it is in an actual kitty litter box.  The "poop" is melted chocolate and the "litter" is smashed cake!

Thursday was Halloween.  A couple of cute things happened in the morning with the boys.  First of all, Westin is getting downright dangerous.  I had walked from Ty’s room into Westin’s room to find Westin standing up on one of our kid’s plastic chairs.  As I came into the room, he pitched forward and did a face plant.  Thank goodness he wasn’t hurt, but c’mon Westy!  So I told him no more chairs and Tyson really picked up on that.  Ty loves to be bossy with Westin and be the big brother, it is pretty funny.  Westin was not caring about my taboo on the chairs, and was trying to climb on it again.  Tyson said, “Westy!  Get down!  Ty gonna spank your bum!”  Westin’s perfect response was to say, “Uh-oh!”  It was so funny – I laughed and laughed.  During lunch, they were having chicken nuggets and I was cutting Westin’s nuggets into pieces and Ty was watching me intently.  He was very serious and said, “Mama, please be careful.”  He was worried that I was going to cut myself.  What a sweetie.  After lunch we rushed to the grocery store and then got into our costumes and met Heath at the Concord Mall for trick or treating.  The mall had it from 5:30-7:30 PM.  We got there at about 7 PM (Heath has 2 major projects going and is on a deadline, so there was no way to be there earlier).  Most of the stores had run out of candy at that time, but we had fun anyway.  There were a few stores that still had candy and it was so fun just to see all the kids dress up.  Next year we will definitely be there earlier!  Ty dressed in a fireman’s outfit, one that Aunt Lori gave to us a couple of years ago.  He loved it!  He was so handsome in it.  Westin was a lion, in a costume that my co-worker had given me.  So adorable.  In honor of the Red Sox, I dressed up as a baseball player and I brought Heath an outfit to wear, but I knew that he wouldn’t do it.  I was right.  I brought him his bathing suit, a T-shirt, his sandals, sunglasses, sunblock, a lifejacket, and a kayak paddle.  It would have been so cute, but he is a poor sport! (=  The 4 of us went to eat at the OG again to my surprise.  Since we had already gone out to eat that week, I thought I would be lucky if we went to Taco Bell...but I gave the Heath the option to book it home for Haystacks or go to Taco Bell.  I told him that he could decide and I would follow him and he surprised me by pulling into the OG.  I’ll take it! 




Before he smeared his makeup off

After I cleaned it off


Best pic I could get of the 2 of them - Ty has a mouthful of candy & Westin has his mouth open hoping some candy will fall in!  

At the OG

Love Ty pulling Westin's tail

Congrats Red Sox!

Have a great week! 
RANDOM PICS


I love they have the same expression here

And here...

And here!




Wes is trying to kiss Ty here


No comments: