"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, November 19, 2013

“Daddy Said No Pink”, Tag Problems, Tyson The Builder, Westin Feeding Me, “Hi”, Early Nap Trial & First Steps

Wes:  11 Months & 3 Weeks Old

Ty:  3 Years & 3 Weeks Old

Last Friday we finally made it to the Frost’s new place!  They moved in 2 months ago and we have had such a busy Fall that we hadn’t been there yet.  I made sure the boys got their one good nap in and then headed over to the Frosts.  They are about 50 minutes – 1 hour away now.  We got the first real snow of the season that afternoon.  It really wasn’t accumulating all that much, but it was sure pretty!   Ty loved it!  When we got to the Frosts, I offered to watch all 4 kids while Shannon ran to the  grocery store.  I was a little apprehensive, since Griffin won’t take a binky.  I mean, what do you do, when you aren’t the one nursing him?  She thought he might take a nap, but he started wailing hysterical as soon as she left.  Fin & Ty were playing, so they were OK (well, OK is relative, since they usually play pretty rough)…but Westy was trying to finish his lunch in Finley’s highchair.  I kept giving him more food and was trying to console Griffin.  But the screaming was not stopping, so I decided that he needed to have some “Auntie Binky Therapy” that I try to do with him, when we are together.  I tore Shannon’s diaper bag apart, but the only binky I could find was an old one of Finley’s – a purple one.  I could not believe it when he started sucking it!  I mean, he usually does not take it at all and I pretty much just have to hold it in, but he was really taking it!  I got him to sleep and then laid him down in his crib.  I deemed myself pretty successful with the 4 muchkins!  He took that purple binky on and off quite a bit that night, but Shannon says he has been hit and miss with it since.  I think he needs it from his Auntie!  Heath met us there and we had a delicious supper together.  The kids were really cute, playing together, despite Ty trying to cook Finley in the oven of her kitchen set!  He actually said, “Ty gonna cook you, Finley!” 

There's nothing like a purple binky!

Going outside with Uncle Sean (wearing one of Finley's hats despite telling everyone, "Daddy said no pink."  He has been saying this phrase non-stop lately)

Stepping in front of Finley while we took the picture

Grabbing onto Auntie Shannon's legs

Wrestling with Daddy

Wes loved Finley's chair

On Sabbath we went to Laconia church and Sonia met us there.  She came over for lunch, and then I helped her with the state’s immunization records for the church school after sundown.  Then she went to Market Basket grocery shopping while we went to Walmart.  While we were in the car driving, Ty had said to Heath, “Daddy, your hair looks funny.  Too much haircut.”  That was so cute!  Heath had just gotten a haircut too!  What wasn’t cute was the 2 hours it took for Ty to fall asleep on Saturday night.  He had used his regular excuses, but then was focused on the tags in his pajamas.  He is constantly asking me to cut them out.  I tried to distract him from it and then tried to reposition the tags, but I eventually ended up cutting the tag off his pants.  I was so aggravated.  Please tell me this gets better.

Sunday was a great day for Tyson.  Heath took him to Joel’s house to work on the shed.  Adam was going and would help watch Ty.  Heath said Ty was super excited.  As I was putting him to bed the night before, he said, “Should Ty bring Ty’s tool box?”  I just about died with that one!  Heath took him to McDonald’s for breakfast that morning and Heath said Ty talked non-stop.  “Ty likes McDonald’s.  Ty likes pancakes.  Yummy eggs.”  Heath said he did really well at the job site, but wanted to go up on the roof a lot with Heath.  Heath did bring him up once (once is more than I wanted to hear) and Adam took him to the Edwards’ house in the afternoon.  While the boys were off on their work adventure, Westin and I had an adventure of our own.  We had good bonding time, including Westin feeding me breakfast and lunch off his tray!  So cute!  After we got his morning nap in, we had a quick lunch, and then we were off.  I can’t tell you what shopping is like with 1 child instead of 2!  It is heavenly.  It felt like I was on vacation!  We went to a kid’s thrift store, Kohl’s, the 3 pharmacies, and Goodwill.  Wes did great but was melting down at Goodwill.  I don’t blame him.  I was done too.  Heath and Ty got back at about 9:30 PM and talk about being done.  Tyson was in his jammies and sleeping.  Heath told me that Ty needed a second sleep diaper put on, so I was doing that when I realized that Ty had pooped in his sleep diaper.  I couldn’t believe it.  I mean, he must have been super dooper tired.  As I was changing him, he woke up and freaked out that he had pooped.  He was so upset.  It was so sad.


His crazy nap position

Shopping Day with Mama

On Monday Tyson could not stop talking about his day with Daddy.  “Ty had fun with Daddy yesterday.  Ty was building.  Ty went on roof.  Ty saw Grammy and Grampy” etc….  He was a chatterbox!  It is so great to see him have fun!  Westin missed Ty, I’m pretty sure.  Maybe that was the reason why he started saying, “hi” on Monday!  He keeps saying new sounds and tries to say new words every day!  It is so exciting!  A couple of things that we did on Monday, was start a full cleaning of the house.  But most noteworthy, was that I started a new nap trial for Ty.  I am so sick and tired of the 2 hour fight fest at bedtime that something needed to change.  I do not believe that he is ready to be done with naps yet, because he will usually sleep for 1 ½ to 2 hours every day.  But I usually put Westin down at about 11 AM for his nap and then Ty goes for his nap at about 12:00 – 12:30 PM.  Well, occasionally he doesn’t fall asleep for nearly an hour, so maybe he is going to sleep too late in the day and that is why he is not going to sleep at night.  So I decided to put him right to bed with Westin at 11:00.  Since he didn’t get any naps and a busy day the day before, it worked like a charm.  So far it has been better, but I doubt that this is completely the answer.


This is what they do when I am cleaning

On Tuesday I worked for the first time in 2 weeks.  I was kind of ready for a shift!  Is that wrong?  I always miss the boys when I’m gone, though.  Noni came alone this week and had a great day with the boys.  She remarked how Ty struggled to eat his grilled cheese and soup, but Westin ate his entire half sandwich, and a full bowl of soup and a whole jar of baby fruit.  He is a good eater!  Something didn’t sit well with him, though, and he ended up with a diaper rash.  Poor guy.    

On Wednesday we didn’t do much except finish the full cleaning of the house.  Wednesday night bedtime with Ty went better again, except that he called me up to change his pajama shirt (that he had just picked out himself that night).  The shirt had this little tiny wolf on it and he deemed it “scary.”  He is so funny sometimes.  He makes me flip some of his books over, because they have faces on the front and he must feel like they are staring at him!  He is a special one.  He also threw one of his teddy bears into the hallway one night because he “don’t want that one.  It has a jacket on.  Don’t like that.”


He is biding his time before he pulls the cord

On Thursday we hit up the grocery store for our week’s groceries and it was a much better visit than last week.  Tyson didn’t open anything up on the floor and Westin kept his binky!  It was also cool because we ran into our old landlords.  We had rented an apartment from this elderly couple in Franklin when we first moved to the area, about 7 years ago.  They were such a sweet couple, it was so great to see them, and they both looked so well.  The best part was to show off the boys to them!  They were very well-behaved and gave them great smiles!  We went back home, put the groceries away, and Adam came over after work.  While Adam was there, Westin took his first real steps – probably 3 in a row and walked to Adam!  It was so cool!  Of course I wasn’t expecting it and didn’t get anything on camera.  We drove down to Concord and met Heath, my parents, and my grandparents at the OG.  We had a great dinner and while I was in the bathroom, Westin took a bunch of steps again!  At least Heath got to see it, but we didn’t get anything on camera again!  After the OG, Adam & us went to Toys R Us and Walmart to pick out a small present for Westin’s birthday.  The kitchen set we got for Tyson’s birthday was really for both boys, but we wanted Wes to have a little something to open up from us during his birthday party on Sunday.


Playing with the Power Wheels at Toys R Us

Having a ride with Tigger at Walmart (Wes fell asleep)

Well, that’s about it.  Have a great week!
RANDOM PICS/VIDEOS




Still obsessed with Christmas and insisted on putting a bow on the tree!







No comments: