"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Friday, December 6, 2013

Ty Wants a Girl, Westin Turns 1, Birthday Party & No More Formula

Wes:  1 Year Old!!!

Ty:  3 Years & 1 Month Old


I am almost 3 weeks behind.  I'm sorry, I hate this.  But we just got back from being gone for 8 days because of Thanksgiving, but mostly because my grandfather passed away last week.  I haven't really felt like getting a blog out, but time passes and it just keeps piling up.  I haven't made any notes, so it should be shorter. 

So, let's see...almost 3 weeks ago on Friday - I have no idea what we did or didn't do.  I told you this is going to be short!

Sabbath we went to church in Laconia and saw Matt & Jill's girl, Grace, for the first time.  Adorable and my boys were in heaven.  They were sitting behind us and both boys would just stand up, gawking at the little beauty.  They just love babies!  So much that Tyson came home saying, "Ty wants to have a little girl when Ty grows big."  So cute, but he can have one right now if he just talks to his father! (=  Saturday night I ran to the Dollar Store to stock up on party supplies for Westin's birthday party and got us Chinese take-out.  After the boys went to bed, we watched "The Heat" with Sandra Bullock & Melissa McCarthy.  It was hilarious.

Birthday hat in Sabbath school




Traveling in style coming back from church

Sunday was Westin's party!  We had a nice breakfast and then Heath got to work at raking our lawn.  Heath was so disappointed because he wanted to have Ty come out with him.  Ty would have had a blast playing in the leaves.  Well, the kibosh got put on that when it rained all day and was freezing and the leaves were a cold, nasty mess.  Since Ty has been sick for weeks on end, I didn't think it would be great to send him out (even though Heath wanted him too).  I compromised and sent him out for a very short time and Ty was so excited!  Westin's party started at about 4:30 PM and we had just our immediate families and Papa & Nanny were there.  I can't believe looking back that Papa was there, sitting in the chair, eating cake & ice-cream and watching the kids...and 1 week later, he was gone.  It just is unreal to me.  I am so thankful that he was able to be there and will cherish those memories.  Westin seemed to have fun at his party.  We had meatball subs, which he loved and then we opened the presents.  He got some wonderful gifts and ended up being scared of Heath & my rocking horse-giraffe-thing we got him. Go figure.  He took a lot of steps at his party and I'm so glad Papa got to see it, since Nanny said how much he wanted to see Westin walk!  Then we had cake & ice-cream and Heath did another stellar job with the cake.  We did a #1 for the cake - we didn't really know what else to do.  It's not like he is into a specific thing/theme at the moment.  We had a great time and we can't believe our little baby is 1 years old (but not officially until that Tuesday)!

Enjoying his little time with Daddy outside

Gorgeous cake

Ty helping Wes open his presents

Then Ty helping Wes play with his gifts


Finley showing Wes that the rocking giraffe is not scary (he wasn't buying it)

Even though it is fuzzy, I love Westin's face in this (like he is one of the big kids!)

Griffin falling asleep with Poppy






On Monday, I spent the whole day cleaning up after the party.  Even if we just have 16 people, the mess is unbelievable!  I was on a major mission.  Monday night, looking back on it now, Papa must have had another stroke.  He had gotten suddenly, severely weak and had be lowered to the floor.  Then they got him back to bed, but after that episode...he really couldn't walk or swallow anymore.

On Tuesday, the second part of the toy overhaul commenced.  I had just done this a month ago, after Tyson got a bunch of toys.  Now I was at it again.  As hard as I worked to get the old toys out, the new toys in, and not have them take over any more of my family room...I pretty much had a panic attack about Christmas.  What am I going to do with any more toys?  I need a big play room just for toys!  Seriously.

One of the biggest presents I had to find room for!  Ty kept sending the cat down the slide!

I worked on Wednesday and Mom came to babysit without Papa & Nanny.  She was really worried about Papa, saying that he could hardly eat and he just wanted to stay in bed.  She felt guilty leaving them, but didn't want to leave me in a bind.  Devin was going to the house to check on Papa & Nanny, so that was good.  The other good thing of the day was that I started mixing Westin's formula with whole milk that day.  I remember thinking I shouldn’t start Ty on whole milk right after he turned 1, that I should wait awhile, but our pediatrician had assured me that it was OK.  I did not wait at all for Westin.  As soon as that little man turned 1, out came the milk!  I was almost out of formula and I vowed that I was not going to buy another formula container!  That is $100 savings every month!  Yes!  He is on 100% milk now and he acts like it is candy!  Thank goodness.

Thursday was grocery day and then we went out to Mexican with Adam.  We had a great time as usual and can not remember anything else.

I will try to get another blog out soon.  Have a good week!

RANDOM PICS/VIDEOS
Proud of his handiwork...

What is this exactly?



He is starting to want to feed himself 

Ty taking a pic of Wes

Showing Westin the pic

Proud of his work



Ty loves Wes a little too hard

My daredevil

He pulled this through the safety lock and then pulled the bag out of the box!



No comments: