"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Close Call, Christmas Parade, Lime Juice in Eyes & "Resting" in Strange Spots

Wes:  1 Year & 3 Weeks Old
Ty:  3 Years, 1 Month & 3 Weeks Old

Last Friday we chilled at home and Tyson almost had a big fall.  I had gone upstairs to put Westin down for a nap, and Tyson stayed downstairs.  Then I heard him cry, “Mama!  Help!”  Now for some Mamas that might mean they go into a dead run, but Tyson’s Mama knows better.  Usually this cry for help means that he can not get a toy to line up perfectly with another toy…or he is trying to get a blanket perfectly placed over him…or any number of non-emergent things.  So to this I responded, “I can’t come right now Ty.  I am putting Westin to sleep.”  Ty got a bit hysterical on his end, which again…might not mean anything.  I have a pretty dramatic child.  But I did sense a certain “realness” to his hysteria, so I decided to go check it out.  I placed Westin on the floor in his room and ran to the top of the stairs.  There was Tyson, HALF-WAY up the stairs, walking up the bottom of the banister!!!!  He was holding onto the top of the banister for dear life and his feet were slipping on the bottom.  He had to be about 5 feet off the ground.  I freaked out, but as I went flying down the stairs, I stopped and realized that Westin had followed me and was at the top of the stairs.  In my panic, I didn’t stop to lock the gate (obviously).  So what do I do?  Do I rescue Ty, but let Westin fall down the stairs?  What if I go to Westin and Tyson falls?  He could easily break something, falling onto hardwood floors.  I made a split second decision, yelled, “Hold on Tyson!  Don’t move!” as I raced up the stairs, reaching the top, and literally, pushed Westin down to the floor so I could lock the gate.  Then flew back down the stairs and pulled Tyson up over the banister.  It was so scary!  But praise God that they were both fine.  Boys.  No wonder I am going grey so fast.


Another crazy thing he did - I run into the room when I hear a loud bang.  He had pushed the end table over!  Then he took our old keyboard, made a bridge with it so his cars could go across!  I have to give it to him...he is creative, but - oh, the messes! 

Sabbath I had to work 7a-7p and Sonia met the boys at Laconia church.  She came over for lunch and they made a gingerbread house in the afternoon.  Ty had been dying to do this since he saw the gingerbread house at the grocery store.  They did a great job, but I have to keep taking it away because Tyson keeps sneaking candy off of it.  Most of the time he gives himself away.  I have actually caught him in the act a few times, but most of the time, he just looks pointedly at me, with a Cheshire cat grin.  And then I know.  He has gotten into it again!  The other day he was hiding behind the slide in the family room and he came out saying, “I just ate Santa Claus!”  Anyways, I had called Heath while I was at work to let him know that when I had driven past Walgreens on the way to work, it was advertising that Tilton was having a Christmas parade at 4:00 PM.  I told him if they were feeling ambitious, then maybe they would want to check it out, since the sun is setting at about 4:15 PM.  They went, and saw a little of the parade, but they had incredible fireworks and had cocoa and cookies.  The boys had a blast, despite the cold.  I was so glad that I saw the sign or else we would have had no idea.  I have to be better at reading the local happenings in our paper!  I’m sure there are plenty of things that we miss!  I picked up some Thai take-out on the way home and we were happy to see that the prices at our Thai restaurant have gone down!  Score!


Their masterpiece

On Sunday I worked 3p-3a, so we had a nice breakfast before I went to work.  We had another near-disaster with Ty on Sunday morning.  After breakfast, Heath & Ty went to Home Depot and when they came back...Ty was taking off his jacket, when he got his arm stuck.  He was trying to get his arm out, when he lost his balance, and fell forward and could not protect his face when he fell.  He fell straight down on his face onto the hardwood floor.  It was a very loud bang.  He got dazed again and his eyes started to roll back, but he did not go completely out this time.  Thank goodness!  He was a pitiful sight for awhile and his chin bruised up immediately, but thank goodness he didn't pass out again, cut himself, or broke his jaw.  This child is going to kill me!  So after that, I had to go to work and the boys had a good rest of the day.  They did some manly errands, like Home Depot (yes, again), Lowe's & Tractor Supply.  They did pick up our Christmas tree, which I asked them to do.  I didn't care about not being there for that, I just wanted to be there when we decorated it!  I didn't hear about any specific stories from Heath, but I know they always have a great time together!


How does he come up with this stuff?  He got into my yard sale label stickers and put one over his mouth.  Then he put one over his baby's mouth!  (hopefully he will not be a future kidnapper!)

Yes, he was coming for me too!

Monday I recovered from my 3 hours of sleep and picked up after the boy's weekend.  Heath has gotten better at this over the years and does actually attempt to pick up, but it is nothing compared to my OCD picking-up-behavior.  I thought for sure that we were going to put up the  Christmas tree that night, but Heath was exhausted when he got home from work, so we didn't.  He has remarked that the boys tire him out so much when he has them on the weekends!  He has laughed at me when I tell him that it is a vacation for me when I go to work, but it is true!  Yes, I take care of other people...but it is definitely different than a 3 year old and a 1 year old!  My mom also says that, even after her 4 hour shift at my house, she crashes hard at night!  Well, I guess that is a way to help her insomnia!  I guess Wes was tired from the weekend too, because he took a 3 ½ hour nap that day!   A horrible thing happened on Monday night.  I was cooking supper when I heard shrieking coming from Westin.  I ran into the family room and found him in serious pain, screaming.  I noticed right away that his hair/face was wet and I asked Ty what he sprayed on him.  I freaked thinking that he had gotten his hands on the Fantastik at the sink, but it wasn’t that.  Then I remembered Heath saying that Ty had gotten one of our water spray bottles and had been spraying the TV the day before, so I thought it was water…but Wes was crying too hard for that.  Then Tyson grabbed the weapon that had caused my boy such pain.  It was a lime that I was cooking with.  He had swiped the lime off the counter and squeezed it right in Westin’s face.  Can you imagine getting lime juice in your eyes?  I flushed out his eyes with some water (he was not happy) and he calmed right now.  But I was so sad for him and mad at Ty.  Another time out.


Feeding each other at supper

I can't even remember why I was videoing him, but I love the look he gave me-"help me, Mama!"

Banging on the door to go in the basement since Heath & Ty went down there.  He is really starting to notice that he gets left out sometimes!  It's so sad!  Just a little bit longer buddy!

Tuesday I worked again.  This was a bad stretch for me.  Since it was my 1 weekend to work in 6 weekends, I had worked Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday, and Tuesday.  4 shifts in 6 days!  Unheard of!  But I would have the next 6 days off, so that was something to keep me going!  Another stair incident happened on Tuesday that disturbed me.  While I was eating breakfast, Tyson opened the gate for Westin and both of the boys headed up the stairs.  Are you kidding me?  Time out again for Ty.  He knows Westin can’t do the stairs without an adult!  Does anyone else notice that time outs do not seem to help?  Noni & Nanny came to babysit and they had a fun time.  Ty & Noni went and played outside in the snow (we had gotten a couple inches).  And Westin is almost running now!  He is such a mover!  So cute.  Thank goodness I got home to both children sleeping peacefully at 4 AM!  I didn't want a repeat from last week.

Wednesday was a big day for my mother.  She had a procedure to get a basal cell carcinoma (skin cancer) removed from her forehead.  Everything went well and they are sure that they got it all.  She calls it her bullet wound and it did, oddly enough, look like someone shot her in the head.  I think it will heal great - if not - she will just have to get some bangs like me!  We can be twins!  She went super early, like at 7:30 AM, or something like that, and there was no way we could go with her after I had worked until 3 AM the night before, even though I wanted to.  Instead she came over (with Nanny & Dad) in the afternoon, after they had gone out to lunch.  We had a nice little visit and we decided on a place to rent while we are in Florida in February for Papa's memorial. The other big thing that we did on Wednesday was to start a full cleaning on the house.  Westin really got into the feather duster this time around and tried to dust everything!  And he loves the vacuum so much!  It becomes hard to vacuum, because he is always right in front of it!  Wednesday night, Heath & Ty brought the tree inside and we put the lights on it at least!  It is a project!  Ty was in heaven, just with that.  I was so worried that Westin would be a real pain with the tree, but it is weird…he literally ignores it.  He has not gone over there once.  He can see, can’t he?


Headlamp on, going outside with Daddy to get the tree!

Starting to go through the Christmas decorations 

On Thursday we finished cleaning the house and went grocery shopping.  I don’t think I had written about it, but Tyson was the biggest pain last week at the grocery store.  How could I forget…with him throwing garlic across the aisle, kicking his shoes off on the floor, and knocking over a display?  I was livid.  This week was SO much better, but he was pretty tired.  He will not take a nap anymore but late afternoon, he needs to!  He usually gets his blanket and pillow and camps out in weird spots, like underneath our kitchen table.  He doesn’t fall asleep, but he rests!  Well, at the grocery store, he wanted a resting spot…so I made him a “pillow” in the front seat of the cart and he went through the whole store with his head down on a bag of egg noodles! (=  Pretty cute.  It definitely helped the devilish behavior.  Thursday night, we went to the Mexican restaurant with Adam and then went to look at some Christmas lights in Laconia.  Ty got excited, but I don’t think poor Westin could see anything since he is still rear-facing.  We were supposed to finish our tree on Thursday night, but with all of that…the boys were exhausted and we got them right to bed.


His "pillow"

His resting spot under the table

One of the lit up houses

That’s it!  Have a great week!  Merry Christmas!   

No comments: