"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Friday, December 27, 2013

Winkie Fixation, Snow storm, "You tickle Ty, Ty run," Newport 2013, Worst Behaved Day, Kissing Cousins & Drinking From a Straw

Wes:  1 Year & 1 Month Old

Ty:  3 Years & 2 Months Old

Last Friday it was official.  Tyson is completely and utterly obsessed with his winkie.  This is to the point of unhealthiness.  I don't want to get into too much detail here, but I can walk into a room and find him with his pants around his ankles.  All the time.  I'm not really sure what to do about this.  But he is not even just obsessed with his own.  Ty was playing with his doctor kit and it was the funniest thing.  He always likes to have Westin be his patient.  Ty always gives Westin shots with the play syringe (it really has a plunger that pushes down) and he always says, "Sorry Westy.  Sorry.  Ty has to give you shot."  Well, at one point, he was trying to give Westin shots up his nose and in his mouth.  I told him that he needed to avoid Westin's entire head and to focus on the arms and legs.  Then Ty took it to a whole other level when he said, "Shots in Westy's winkie?"  Are you kidding me?!!!  Friday night we finally got our Christmas tree all decorated!  It is gorgeous.  Not bad for a $25 tree at Tractor Supply.  I don’t think we have ever spent more than $25 for a tree – I hope we can keep that tradition up!


Westin eating ornaments instead of decorating

Poor lighting...but

This is with the lights on - you can't even tell that the Christmas lights are on

On Sabbath we went to Sabbath School and church in Laconia.  We stayed for potluck and both boys did not eat very well.  I'm never surprised with Tyson, but Westin is usually my good eater!  Well, unless there is pasta.  He will not eat pasta.  Crazy.  How do you have a non-pasta-eating vegetarian?  Unheard of.  We went home and Westin took a nap.  Saturday night our first big snow storm started.  We bunkered down for the night with a movie after the boys got to bed.  

Crazy hat hair - winter is tough 

Sunday morning we were greeted with about 14 inches of fresh snow.  After some snow removal, the boys went to Home Depot and then after the Patriots horrible loss to the Dolphins, Wes & I went to the pharmacies.  He surprised me by taking a nap while I was shopping – he hasn’t done that in awhile!  I can’t remember too much more of what went on, but I have to mention a new favorite phrase of Tyson’s.  He will go up to Heath and say, “You tickle Ty, Ty run!”  And Ty will run around the house, begging Heath to chase him and tickle him!  It is so cute, but he says it over and over continuosly!  And he tires us (and himself) out wicked bad! 

Helping Mama water the plants

I gave Westy his own bowl of snacks for the first time

He was so excited

The 2 boys eating their snacks together 

Monday I worked early and Noni & Nanny came to babysit.  I had a class at 12p-3p and then I worked on the floor 3p-11p.  The class was MOAB – Management of Aggressive Behavior.  It is a fun class.  You get to learn self-defense techniques and take your coworkers down to practice!  I’m glad the class was fresh in my mind when I worked in the psych area in the ER that night.  A patient tried to hang herself on the stretcher by putting her head in the side rail, and had her blanket over her head so I couldn’t tell what she was doing.  I really shouldn’t say any more about the subject, but it was a terrible night.    

Tuesday we had more bad weather so Heath took the Outback and we were stuck at home.  I actually was going to leave the house for change and get my oil changed, but it had to wait.  I worked hard at packing to go to Newport for 3 days for a Latimer family reunion.  My aunt Lori has a timeshare and is able to get enough rooms for all of us (we had 20+ people there), but could only get rooms during the week and not on the weekend – so Heath couldn’t go, which we were bummed about.

Running around 


On Wednesday, the boys & I left for Newport with my father at about 2:30 PM (after he had finished work).  Westin did not fall asleep for almost 2 hours and I was shocked about that!  But he wasn’t cranky, so I couldn’t complain.  We did have to stop and change Westin’s diaper about 45 minutes into the trip, since he was stinking up the whole car!  When we got there, we unloaded our gear into our 3 bedroom timeshare that we were sharing with Shannon & Devin and Leigh.  Then we headed over to the Case’s unit, which is where we ate all our meals.  There were tons of kids running around and it was pretty chaotic, but a great time.  What wasn’t a great time was trying to get the boys to sleep that night.  After we had Googletalked with Heath, I tried to put the boys down.  When we are in a new place for the first night, they have a hard time sometimes.  And this time both of them were freaking out.  I laid down in the room with them and Westin gave in pretty easily, but Ty did not fall asleep before midnight.  Not good.


Why can't I get a picture of both of them looking at the same time?

Cleaning up after supper

On Thursday we laid low in the AM.  Westin took a good nap and then we went to Panera for lunch, with most of the 20+ gang.  Westin ate a whole cup of tomato soup and baguette!  He is such a good eater!  After lunch we all headed to the pool and the kids had a blast!  Westin was not sure at first, but then started splashing away!  I was worried about being in the pool with both boys without any help (my mother couldn’t go in the pool because of her surgery), but it ended up being fine.  They had about 3 levels of stairs into the pool, so Ty just stayed on the stairs running back and forth and had a great time!  There was drama getting him out of the pool, however.  Ty just hadn’t gotten enough sleep and had melt-down after melt-down this day.  He was horrible.  One of the worst behaved days I can ever remember.  At dinner that night, he just kept crying and screaming non-stop and wouldn’t even take a picture with all the cousins together.  Something funny that happened during the picture, was that Westin was a little upset and Bode decided to kiss him to make him feel better!  And that would be open-mouthed kisses right on the mouth!  They kept kissing and it was so cute!  We made a quick exit after the picture-taking and I got the boys to bed a little early, after talking to Heath again.  It was so cute – Heath asked Ty, “Where are you?”  Ty’s response was “Ova Scotia!”  So cute!  It definitely must have felt like we were in Nova Scotia with all the cousins together!  Thank goodness both boys went right to sleep without a peep this night.

Vegging out in the AM

Getting bundled up for our walk to Panera

Finley was choking Ty by grabbing his sweatshirt

One is really bundled up and Dad is not at all!

Big group swimming - no one is looking but me! 



Cousins pic without Ty (adding friend Hannah)

The kiss

On Friday we got up and packed quickly to get out by our 10 AM checkout.  Then we booked it home.  We went to Chipotle for lunch and then Dad had to take one of the cars home because he was on-call at 2 PM.  Mom, Nanny, and us went to a few stores shopping and then went home.  We got home around 5 PM or so – just in time to make supper!  We were happy to be home – the boys love to be reunited with their toys and then overjoyed to be reunited with Daddy when he got home!  Westin had a big milestone on Friday night – he figured out how to suck through a straw!  I’m so proud!  What a big boy!

"Maybe if we hide in the fridge, we won't have to leave!"

 Packing up

That’s about it!  Of course this blog was late!  Merry Christmas!

No comments: