"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, January 21, 2014

12 Months Clothes, Scared of Swimming, Daddy Gone For a Week, Picking His Nose, Thrift Store Craziness, "Early" Wake-Up Time, Making Soup, Ty is Eating a Lot & Wes is My Picky Eater

Wes:  1 Year & 2 Months Old
Ty:  3 Years & 3 Month Old


Last Friday my main project for the day was putting away Westin’s 6-9 month clothes and getting him moved into 12 month clothes.  It is always a good feeling when my kids are into the size clothes that they are supposed to be!  Well, he still fits most of the 6-9 month pants, but he can fit some 12 month pants too!  It was a major mess.  Ty kept me company much of the time (Wes was sleeping) playing with his race track.  He was putting all these books underneath the track, making the track have jumps or bumps and he just had a ball.  He made this really high incline with a bunch of books and it had been working great, but then the books started to slide…so I tried to help him out and adjusted the books, but then the car wouldn’t do the incline and fell off the track.  I laughed and apologized to Ty that I had been trying to help him, but I had made it worse!  Ty was very serious when he said to me, “You got to listen to me, Mama.”  That was pretty funny.  I couldn’t disagree with him!  Heath had called when he was driving home from work and we had been talking when I realized that Ty had gone downstairs and was quiet.  I told Heath that I had to go check on what he was doing and I had a sneaky suspicion that I knew what he was up to.  Man, do I know my son!  This is what I found…

Eating ice-cream underneath our table

Hard at work on his race track

Sabbath we had a fairly decent ice storm in the morning.  Everything was sheer ice.  Church was pretty much cancelled everywhere, so we had a day at home.  In the late afternoon, it had changed to mostly rain and the temperature was supposed to reach 50 degrees by early night, so we decided to risk going swimming.  The roads were worse than we thought they would be, but we went slow and we were fine.  My parents were still in Florida, but we went swimming at their place.  It has been quite awhile since we have gone swimming and, for Tyson, it really showed.  He was happy to stay on the stairs and to hold onto the side and move around the pool that way, but otherwise he did not want to “go swimming” with Heath or I in the middle of the pool.  He was really afraid.  It was weird.  I don’t know where that came from.  He hasn’t had a bad moment in the water that I know of, but I am more determined than ever that we will be doing swimming lessons in the spring.  Westin had a blast, especially when he figured out that his voice echoed there and so he screamed a lot!  After swimming, Heath wanted to go to some stores, so we did.  Old Navy, Kohl’s and Lowe’s.  Then we topped off the night at Chili’s, but I knew this was a bad idea.  This is definitely the last time I go anywhere without my diaper bag – but I had thought we were just swimming and going straight home.  I had thrown some diapers and wipes into our swim bag, so that wasn’t the problem.  It was the lack of Puffs, Goldfish etc… to keep Westin happy in a restaurant.  We had gotten chips & salsa at Chili’s and Westin keeps choking on chips, no matter how small we make the pieces.  He was cranky because it was bedtime and he hadn’t had his 2nd nap, since we had been swimming, so he was horrible there.  Absolutely terrible.  But the night ended nicely for me when the Pats beat the Colts, so were headed to the AFC Championship game again!

Loving the cart @ Lowe's

@ Chili's...I love how their expression is the exact same!

A rare happy moment - he loved the black beans!

On Sunday we had breakfast together before Heath left at 10 AM for a business trip.  He would be in Minnesota all week and fly back on Friday.  The first time as a single parent with 2 kids for me!  I wasn’t too worried, but I knew that I would definitely really miss Heath at bedtime, since he does the baths!  Tyson actually napped this day and woke up saying, “Ty not feeling very well.”  He cried for medicine and said that his mouth hurt him, I looked in (as much as he would let me) and it looked like his right back molar was coming in.  I know that they are supposed to be in by now, hence the nickname “2 year molars,” but I had read that they could come in at 3 years…and since he did not get his first tooth until 11 months, maybe he is a bit behind!  I haven’t heard any more complaints about it, so I think he is fine!  We did laundry and watched football most of the day.  I was rooting hard for San Diego to beat the Broncos, since I knew that if we had to face the Broncos at home, we would probably lose.  And yes, that is what happened, unfortunately.  San Diego almost came back…if only they could have stopped Peyton on a 3rd and ?17, I believe.  C’mon.  Football...

He has been doing this lately - he throws a ton of toys in a pile and calls it a "party" or sometimes a "surprise."  Then he gets on the phone and "calls" his friends to come to his party!  What is this about?

Another party in his car!


Monday consisted of us putting away our 7 loads of laundry, going couponing, and Westin picking his nose!  I really don’t think he has ever done that before!  He was pretty proud of himself!  I realized that I have been doing "Pajama Day" too often, when Ty asked me, "Where we going?" when I was getting them dressed in their clothes! (=  Monday night was pretty funny.  The boys were rolling on the floor wrestling together – it was adorable.  At one point, Westin was sitting on Ty and Ty screamed, “Westy!  Too much pain!  Too much pain!”  Then fast forward to about 10 minutes later, after they were done wrestling and Ty called to Wes… “Westy!  Come do some pain on me!”  It gave me a chuckle.




Rolling around on the floor with the Valentine's dog @ CVS

Tuesday we had a full thrift store day!  Shannon & the kids & Noni (back from Florida the day before) came over and we hit up 2 kid thrift stores & the Goodwill in Laconia.  A couple of memorable moments…I caught Finley in the corner at our first stop, with her pants around her ankle, taking off her diaper, trying to sit on a portable potty (that was being sold there)!!!!  She said to me, “Go pee on potty!”  I laughed so hard!  The second stop was an important moment because it was the first time that Westin has not pooped his pants at that thrift store!  He has probably been there 10 times and every single time we have gone there…Westin would have pooped either right before we arrive or right while we were there!  At our last Goodwill stop, we were pushing it.  The kids were animals there.  Mom had Ty & Finley at the toy area and someone complained to the staff that they were being crazy…c’mon…they are little kids.  As you can see in this video…they were crazy.  As we were leaving, we were talking among ourselves, about getting pizza…when one of the workers there came to us and said, “You guys are going to a restaurant with these kids now?”  We laughed at her, saying, “No way!  We are just stopping at Little Caesars to pick up some to take home!”  She seemed relieved!  But the real joke was on us, when we pulled into Little Caesars to discover that it had burned to the ground!  What a disappointment!  We would always get Crazy Bread for us and the kids we would get a $5 cheese pizza – so cheap!  We got Burger King drive-thru instead, but we were disappointed. 


Shannon arriving at my house - yes, this is the water bottle she carries around!

The Fin/potty incident - thank goodness she didn't use it - since it was upside down!

Tyson being a literal Peeping-Tom with Aunt Shannon (yes, on the nasty floor)

Someone has to clue them in that just because they have a hat on their head...it doesn't make it a cowboy hat!  


Showing off the prize from his Whopper meal


Showing Westy


And showing him again!


Saying goodbye to Griffin

Wednesday I worked and the boys went with my parents over to the Frost’s house to visit with the cousins.  Because I don’t get home until 4-5 AM, my mom had to spend the night.  Unfortunately, my mom did not get a wink of sleep.  She made a remark that my kids move around so much in their sleep and it is true.  They are very restless and travel all around their cribs.  Well, whenever they would move…it would wake her up.  Then she got worried that she wouldn’t hear them and I’m sure she was listening for me, too.  When I got home at about 4:30 AM, she came downstairs to meet me in the basement.  I couldn’t believe she was up!  I had stayed in my car for a few minutes listening to Bill Belichick’s press conference on the radio, but she had thought that I couldn’t get in the basement!  I got to sleep at about 5:15 AM and, unfortunately, Westin was awake at 7:45 AM.  He usually wakes up between 8:30-9 AM, but he has been stuck on a 7:30-7:45 AM wake up time out of nowhere.  I know to most people, this is ridiculous that I am complaining at all about this, but when you get 2 hours of sleep after working…it does make a difference!  I hope  this is just a phase!

Thursday I was dragging a bit, but you move on!  Ty has been “cooking” a lot lately, but has now upgraded his cooking experience from his kitchen set into the real kitchen.  He uses all my utensils, pots, etc…and he usually says that he is “making soup” and dumps salt, pepper into water, stirs it around, and “serves” (or spills all over the counter) it into bowls.  Well, he really upped the ante on Thursday when after I came out of my bedroom from making our bed, I found Ty, making soup again, but had about 10 of my spices out and had them dumped into a bowl.  Chili powder, cumin, minced garlic, oregano…you name it!  Oh!  What a mess!  His creativity continued during the day.  This is how imaginative he is… (Ty had asked to look at my watch)

Ty:  “Oh boy!  3 hours!  I need to get movin’!”
Me:  “Where are you going?”
Ty:  “Got to go fly an airplane!”
Me:  “Who is coming on the airplane?”
Ty:  “Us!”
Me:  “Where are we going?”
Ty:  “To the restaurant!”

Before we went to the Thai restaurant with my parents, we landed the plane and stopped at the grocery store and I actually did not lose a binky there this week!  (=  We had a nice dinner and Ty ate a ton!  I think he is having a growth spurt!  Westin has become my super picky eater and it is driving me crazy.  He would not touch the tofu or rice…but at least I was prepared and anticipated this and brought a sandwich for him!  I hope this is only a phase too! 


Have a great week!
RANDOM PIC/VIDEOS









Stickering up our kitchen floor & then trying to run from me!


He loves the chase!




Ty was trying to console Wes & I love that Wes is grabbing Ty's hand!

No comments: