"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Daddy Obsessed x 2, First Official Haircut, Ice-Fishing Fun, Swimming With Cousins, No Naps Again, Wes up the Stairs & Wes Loves Salsa

Wes:  1 Year, 2 Months & 1 Week Old
Ty:  3 Years, 3 Months & 1 Week Old
Westin threatening Ty with the wooden knife!

Last Friday was not our usual Friday day at home.  Heath was coming home, after being gone for 5 days to Minnesota!  We had our reunion at the OG in Concord, where we met for lunch.  The boys literally shrieked with joy!  It was so cute.  I knew that Ty would be very clingy with Heath (I know, I know, but even more so), but Westin has been super clingy too.  He will follow Heath around and lifts his arms up, to be picked up by Heath and walks around screaming all the time, "Da!  Da!"  I can't believe I have another Heath-obsessed child.  What in the world?!!!!  So we had a nice meal and then we split up (I know, so soon).  Heath was trying to go to a trailer place in Tilton before sundown, because he is trying to buy a trailer for his ATV/snowmobiles etc.  He took Ty with him, because Ty loves trailers and such.  I took Wes to get his first official haircut because there was no way that I was attempting to cut his hair again and I couldn't take his shag one more day!  Wes did so well (got a little impatient at the end) and all the ladies oohed and ahhed over him.  Why not?  He is adorable.  They gave him a giant comb to hold and you would have thought that they had given him the moon!  Since he has to carry something in his right hand at all times, this was especially nice for him!  Unfortunately, we did have to wait.  They had told me 15 minutes, but it was almost 30 minutes.  That is forever with a very active, can't sit-still 14 month old!  After that, we hit up Burlington Coat Factory.  I was going there because it is my go-to spot for vest suits for the boys.  The Factory totally let me down, for the first time.  They had not one 3T suit set in the whole place, so Ty was out.  And they only had two 12 month ones for Westin.  I bought one for Westin, but I like the boys to be matching (or at least complementing), so I will probably return it. But I was desperate!  After that shopping fun, Wes & I drove by this foreclosure house in Concord (Heath & Ty had driven by it while we were doing the haircut).  Heath & I have been talking lately about moving to Concord. Yes, he will still have to travel an hour, but if he changes jobs, Concord is a perfect location.  Manchester, Nashua, Salem, Derry - are all within 30 minutes.  It opens up more possibilities than where we are living now (even though I love it) or more possibilities than moving to Lebanon (which we don't love). I don't know what we will do.  The house was a bust - I hate the lot that it is on.  Love the location, very country but close to Concord (it is actually in Concord, officially).  It is way too close to the road (our problem now), down a short, steep driveway and it is trashed inside (verdict by looking in the windows).  The people literally just let it go when it was built in 1989.  I don't think they did 1 maintenance thing on the place.  It would need to be gutted.  If I loved the lot, then it would be worth it for the right price.  But I don't think so.  We'll see what happens.

First haircut!


Heath got tired Friday night & Ty decided to wake him up by dumping puzzle pieces all over him (but it didn't work, obviously)

Last Sabbath we were supposed to take the boys to Sabbath School and then book it over to Shannon & Sean's house for lunch, but all of our plans for the day changed.  The Frost kids were sick, so we decided to skip lunch, but meet up for swimming at this indoor water park in Lebanon after sundown.  We went to Laconia for church and it was nice to catch up with our friends there.  Matt & Jill's little girl is growing up, but it just makes me so thankful for the kids we have.  Baby Grace has acid reflux and is only sleeping 1.5 hours between feedings all through the night.  They are not sleeping at all.  It makes me so guilty that both my kids slept 6-7 hours through the night by 6 weeks.  Another one of our friends at church was ecstatic that their 13 month old had slept through the night for the first time THAT WEEK.  I can't even imagine.  But I totally credit the book "Baby Wise" for this.  I got them on a strict eating, sleeping schedule from the get-go, but it totally works.  After lunch, we were supposed to be booking it to go swimming, but the weather just wasn't cooperating.  It was snowing pretty hard.  We were supposed to get anywhere from 3-6 inches, but Lebanon was going to get hardly anything.  I was ready to brave the weather, but Heath didn't want to.  He hemmed and hawed until it was really too late to even try to go.  I could have killed him.  Are we not from New England?!!!!  I know what it is.  He drives over there 5 days a week and knowing how slow the drive over and back would be in the snow...he didn't want to do it.  Instead Heath and Ty braved the 3 miles to Market Basket to get Panini supplies and then we had them for supper.  They were delicious.  Ty ate 3 whole grilled cheeses!  He is eating a ton lately!  I guess he is growth spurting!  While they were at the grocery store, Ty saw a football cake and said to Heath, “Daddy!  Look!  Football!  Mama loves football!”  It is so funny that even at his young age he knows that Mama loves football and Daddy doesn’t! 


On Sunday, Heath & Ty went out to breakfast and then ice-fishing with Keith & Adam (Sonia joined them later).  Westy & I had a nice day to ourselves.  I got Wes to take a nap first and then we rushed to do the pharmacies (so much easier with just 1 kid) and then rushed over to the Fairway to watch the AFC Championship game with my mom & dad.  Everyone knows how that turned out.  Terrible.  How is it that the Pats made it to the AFC Championship game these last 2 years in a row just to play the worst game of their entire season?  2 years in a row!!!!  So frustrating.  On a positive note, Westin was an angel.  He completely kept himself entertained by dumping golf balls in and out of this bag and strewing them all over the floor.  He did that most of the time.  He was a champ!  Wish the Pats could have been champs too!  After my mom made a fantastic supper of Skallops & grilled vegetables, Wes & I headed home to meet up with the rest of our fam.  Ty had a blast ice-fishing.  He very excitedly told me about everything including, “Omni caught a rainbow fish!” (translation: Adam caught a big rainbow trout)  Ty didn’t complain once about being cold and pulled each of the fish in when they caught them.  He also had insisted on bringing his harmonica on the ice to serenade the fish.  He decided to sing to the bait too!  These are about the funniest videos ever!







Adam's rainbow trout


Westy having fun with Noni


...and with Poppy!

Monday, after Westin’s nap, we went back over to the Fairway to meet Leigh, Mia & Bode, who were down visiting since Mia was off for Martin Luther King Day.  Shannon & the kids were supposed to come, but they were still sick, so they stayed home.  We had a lunch together and Dad got out of work early, so he was able to be there too!  After lunch we went swimming at the clubhouse and Tyson was still a scaredy-cat, but maybe a little less so.  Westin still loved it!  It was great to spend some time with the Gang from Glen!


Hopefully this is not a scene that will be in his future, Ty in a locker! (he went in willingly this time!)

 Watching Mia & Noni play air hockey



Wes looking up to cousin Bode 

Tuesday I worked my regular 3p-3a – I don’t remember if I have said it, but Ty is back to no naps.  I will leave him up there for an hour and he just whines and complains the whole time, no matter what I do.  We’re taking another break now with it, but if his behavior acts up again…we’ll go back to trying again.  Tuesday marked an important day for me.  I am officially enrolled at Rivier University in the online RN to BSN program.  I will be taking 1 class at a time to start to get used to it.  My first class is “Family & Health Nursing” and it will start March 10.  The classes are 8 weeks long.  I have no idea how this is going to work with my OCD.  I mean, I am OCD with everything…but when I start projects, I get completely consumed with them.  But I am going to try to have strict rules.  I will not work on school when the boys are awake because I do not want this to affect them at all.  So I will only work on it when they go to bed, but with Friday night and my 1 night that I work…I will only have 5 nights to work on school.  I don’t know how to do things half-way, but I think I am going to have to try to learn.  I really don’t care if I get straight A’s, B’s would be great.  So I am just going to have to figure it out.  But I have an announcement to make.  To try to save time, this blog is going to have to change for awhile.  It is going to become a mostly picture/video blog.  I definitely want to keep track of milestones the boys have reached and cute stories they have done, but the long narrative is going to be gone.  Instead I will just write bullet points on the highlights.  Maybe if school isn’t as bad as I thought, I can bring back the regular blog…we’ll see.  I will probably start right away with this since I am trying to finish about 4 big projects at home before I start school, so I need every second to count now!  For some people it might be a relief, since I write a book every week (again, I don’t know how to do things half-way), but I will miss the writing outlet.

On Wednesday, the boys gave me a heart attack.  I was in my bedroom, making our bed, and the boys were playing in the family room (so I thought).  Next thing I heard was, “Mama!  I’m bringing Westy upstairs with me!”  I yelled, “No!  Ty!  Wait!” and I started flying to the stairs.  But Tyson was telling me this AFTER the fact.  Ty had opened the gate and Westin had gone all the way up the stairs.  As I was running up the stairs, Westin tried to meet me by almost falling down the stairs, but Tyson reacted fast and yanked the back of his sleeper and pulled him down in the hallway upstairs.  I was thankful for Tyson’s aggression in that moment!  Oh, they scared me to death!  Wednesday night we went out to the Mexican restaurant with Adam & Sonia.  We weren’t going to be able to go out on Thursday because Heath had to teach a training class Thursday night.  Westin ate a bunch of chips without any choking and loaded them with salsa.  He ate so much salsa and actually took a fork and ate the salsa off the fork!  He didn’t have any middle of the night crying, so that other episode must have been a fluke!


Salsa Man

Thursday we did our Grocery Day and Heath didn’t get home until after 10 PM, since he had to do his class.  The boys missed seeing him, of course.  And there I was…alone on bath night again!  Well, that’s about it.  Have a great week!  

Sitting down, checking his text messages, before heading to the grocery store 

No comments: