"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fryeburg Fair Take 2, Midnight Crying & 3T Clothes

Wes:  10 Months & 3 Weeks Old

Ty:  2 Years, 11 Months & 3 Weeks Old 


Last Friday it was so refreshing to not have to go to the grocery store for a change!  I brought back “pajama day” to celebrate!  We puttered around, packing to go back up to Conway for a Latimer Quarterly at the Fryeburg Fair.  Ty did some crazy things in his room on Friday.  #1) making a work of art out of hangers and #2) finding this lion vest and taking about 50 selfies with my cell phone.  He certainly knows how to entertain himself.  Westin has started doing something so cute.  When I brush his teeth, he now says “aaahhh!”  He does not miss anything!  I always ask Tyson to say “ah,” so I can brush his back and upper teeth (since he concentrates on the middle ones)!  Smart boy.

Hanger art

His lion selfie

On Sabbath, we decided to bring the boys to Sabbath School in Laconia and then drive to my parent’s house for lunch.  We felt it was better for the boys to enjoy their Sabbath School (which they love) instead of us just going to Conway for church, which they get nothing out of.  It was a good call.  I was hoping that Ty would take a nap on the way there (it would be his only chance for the day) but he didn’t.  I don’t know if I have mentioned it, but I do not even try to get him to nap if we aren’t at home anymore.  He just won’t do it.  He still takes 2 hour naps every day at home, though – which I love!  The traffic going into Conway was the worst we have ever seen, I am not exaggerating with this.  We sat in bumper to bumper traffic for almost 30 minutes, not even close to the town!  Finally, we made it to a road that we were able to take a back way and probably missed 45 minutes more of traffic.  It was unreal.  We finally made it and beat everyone home from church.  We had a nice lunch with the Conrads and Aunt Lori and celebrated my father’s birthday (the day before) and Leigh’s birthday (that actual day).  Then all the family started trickling in and mostly everyone went to Diana’s Baths for a walk while I stayed behind with Wes while he napped.  Technically Diana’s Baths was closed down because of the government shutdown… but let’s just say, they were not deterred.  We had a nice time all together that night visiting and then it was off to bed.  Somehow Westin did not get the memo.  He went down without any problem between 9 pm and 1:30 am.  Of course he had to start screaming while I was in the shower.  I had totally jinxed myself with this.  Kelly had been talking about how Caleb had been waking up during the middle of the night for the past 3 nights and I had said how I could not even remember the last time that Westin woke up during the night.  Cue the 1:30 am crying.  What was funny was that as I got out of the bathroom, I could hear Caleb in his room.  He was up, but instead of the wailing that I heard down the hall in my room…he was giggling and talking away.  So Wes cried until 4 am, until I finally gave up and told him that he was going to “cry it out” in his own pack ‘n’ play.  After 5 more minutes of crying, he went to sleep.  I had tried everything.  Whenever I brought him into our bed, he would stop crying, and climb all over us, giggling and excitedly hitting us in the face.  As soon as I would lay him down in his crib, he would stand up and scream.  I think it was because we were in the same room.  If it was at home, I would have just left the room and he would have laid himself down to sleep.  But he knew we were there!  Major problem.

Westin wanted us to get going on lunch

Edwards photo shoot

The boys looked terrible but this came out well of us (too bad I'm leaning towards Westin)

Literally the best picture of the 2 boys

We can get decent ones of them by themselves




Caleb & the boys

The sign at Diana's Bath

@ Diana's Bath

Chillin' with Mia

Heath let Wes & I sleep in on Sunday until 9:30 am – which is unheard of on Fryeburg Fair Sunday.  But after the night we had, he had pity.  We arrived a bit late and didn’t even go to the Pig Scramble, but we had gone the week before, so I didn’t feel too bad.  We walked around with everyone through the animals and then broke off into groups.  We went with Kelly & Steve down to the John Deere tractors and had some photo ops with the boys.  Then we met up with Acadia, Camden, and Finley (and parents & grandparents) for kiddie rides.  This was, by far, the best part of the day.  Tyson had such a blast, I can’t even tell you.  He was in heaven.  There is truly nothing better in life than to watch your child have fun.  It was priceless.  After that, we broke up again and just our little family of 4 walked around until the truck pulls started.  We found a prime seat in the stands and watched for a couple of hours (which was great because it started pouring).  I was worried that it was going to be too loud for Westin and scare him, but he shocked me on the first pull.  While the truck was halfway down the track (the loudest part), he started clapping!  No one else was clapping!  It was so cute!  I guess he is a redneck after all!  We stayed until about 7 pm, then went back to my parent’s to get the dogs and then headed home.  I was disgusted to watch the Pats lose to the Bengals during my midnight Patriots game showing at home that night.  6 whole points?  Pathetic.

Excited ready for a day at the fair!

John Deere tractors

The "twins"







Look at Finley's face!




I love seeing the dads have as much fun as the kids!



Poor Westy could not ride any rides so he checked out!







On Monday the boys & I woke up and we were all sick with colds.  It came out of nowhere.  So that was a big bummer.  So we didn’t venture out to the pharmacies, but had Laundry Day instead.  And, of course, we unpacked from the weekend.  I also went through Ty’s clothes and put away all of his 24 month clothes, some small 2T clothes, and got out his 3T clothes.  His pants, because he is so skinny, still has to be 2T…but his 3T shirts fit him very well!  Unfortunately, I have not stocked up well at the thrift stores and I barely have any 3T clothes for him at all!  I have to hit up those thrift stores!  The boys might have been under the weather, but they still played hard.  The boys destroyed all the Tupperware and when I told Tyson that he needed to pick it up (later on)…he said, “No, Mama.  Westy is having fun.”  Now he looks out for his brother?  And then get this.  Westin pulled off the outlet protector!!!  Twice.  I can not believe he has the dexterity and smartst he to do that.  It is really hard to take off – I struggle to do it.  Now I can’t even trust that he is safe with those things!

Horsing around with Daddy on Monday night



On Tuesday we hit up the pharmacies and Tyson was in rare form.  In Walgreens, I was letting him walk beside our cart but he was touching absolutely everything, so after a warning, I put him inside the cart.  I was busy shopping and not paying attention to what he was doing.  To my horror, he had taken one of my hand soaps and squirted soap all over his pants, the cart, and our shopping items.  Mama got the last laugh, though.  He hated all the sticky soap on his hands!  When we got home from the stores, we had supper.  Heath had a business dinner and did not get home until 9 PM, so we were on our own.  I was completely disgusted with Tyson at the supper table, when he zoned out, looked me in the eyes and said, “Ty pee pants.”  He peed himself right at the table.  What the heck?  The most frustrating thing is that with two whole weekends in Conway, at the fair etc… he never had 1 accident!!!  He gets home and he literally does not care at all.  He does 100% better away from home than at home!  It doesn’t make sense!  Does he realize he has a closet full of pants and a drawer full of underwear, but he doesn’t have that same comfort when he is on the road?  Whatever the reason, it is annoying.

Singing "Wheels on the Bus" after getting home from the pharmacies
  \

On Wednesday we met my Mom, Shannon & kids at Friendly’s for lunch.  That was a loud, chaotic meal.  Every time we go out for lunch, we always say we will never do it again.  But somehow we forget.  After lunch, we went to the mall and Burlington Coat Factory.  Mom was nice enough to let me run in to Burlington by myself and stayed in the car with the kids.  I was looking for a dress for a wedding and outfits for the boys.  I got the boys little suits, but I could not find a dress.  Oh well.  That night went out to the Mexican restaurant with Adam & my parents because I had to work the next night.  We had a nice time, but the night ended on a sour note, when Westin sneezed into Adam’s mouth.  Poor Adam said, “I guess there is no way that I am not getting sick now.”  He was right.  My kids just love to share their germs. 


Posing outside Friendly's

Fin tasting straight-up juice for the first time (she was a fan)

Their faces when their ice-creams came

FInley insisting on pushing the stroller at the mall

Then Ty insisting on holding onto Fin's strap

Thursday I worked and there were clues of our sicknesses all around.  Mom said that Westin would not eat hardly anything for her and Ty took a 3 ½ hour nap!  I had a pretty good shift, but was not on my A-game.  The worst thing was that I had to keep leaving patient’s rooms because I would start a coughing fit and tears would be running down my face.  That is so embarrassing!  Hopefully we are better next week!  Have a good one!


RANDOM PICS





1 comment:

Shannon said...

Hahaha! Finley's face looks just like a mini Toni with her mouth wide open :) Good times!