"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Fair Take 1, "The Screamer", Playing Together, Rapping & "Why?"

Wes:  10 Months & 2 Weeks Old
Ty:  2 Years, 11 Months & 2 Weeks Old
I know this is not the best picture, but I like this profile pic of all my boys!

Last Friday, we got ready to go to Conway for the weekend.  We were going to go to the Fryeburg Fair with my grandparents and all of us Copseys.  We did our usual grocery shopping in the afternoon (after Westin’s good AM nap) and it made it a little too tight to be all packed up when Heath got home.  I think I have to reconsider this Friday Grocery Day.  I had made it Friday because my husband has a hard time making plans and I do NOT want to go to the grocery store twice in a week.  So usually by Friday, we have some type of weekend plan made and I can get all the food we need for the week.  I don’t know, we’ll see.  So we headed up to Conway after Heath got home and on the way there, Tyson wanted to make a detour.  He said, “Go that way!  Go that way!  Ty see campfire!  Ty go camping!”  That was so cute.  He just loves camping!  He talks about it randomly all the time.  We got to my parents, had supper, gave the boys baths, and tried to get the boys to bed.  This was after 10 PM at this time and Tyson would have none of it.  He just wouldn’t go to sleep.  Heath went and laid down with him and it still took forever for him to go to sleep.  How about Westin?  He was an angel and went right down without a peep. 

Sabbath morning we got to Sabbath School and had a nice class with the Stephanie & her girls and Finley & Shannon.  It was especially cute to see Westin & Autumn together, seeing that they are a couple of months apart.  It wasn’t so cute during church.   We found out that they are both screamers.  Bascially they were trying to out-scream each other during church.  Just a little embarrassing.  I don’t know if I have mentioned Westin’s screaming yet, but he does it ALL the time!  It will be to get our attention, when he is happy, and when he is frustrated.  No matter what emotion – the boy screams!  After church, we had a nice family dinner and then just hung out in the afternoon.  Saturday night, we had Finley’s birthday party- she is 2!  It was Minnie Mouse themed and all the kids had a great time!  Finley had a fever and wasn’t herself, so she wasn’t her normal crazy self!

Dancing instead of eating their lunch


Wes loves his Mia



I love this picture - Ty is crying because he had to share the ball with Bode.  Look at how happy Bode is!  

Poppy playing with his grandkids


Love this picture

After his nap - you can't see it well, but he slept right on his binky and had the indentation on the side of his face!

Finley's cake that Shannon & Sean made

You can tell she didn't feel well

She wouldn't wear her Minnie Mouse headband, but there were 2 boys that loved it!

Adorable

ALL the kids helped open the presents

And all the kids played with the presents!


Wes was an animal and started hitting my mother in the face

On Sunday we headed to the fair!  I was so excited to take the boys.  They had an absolute blast.  I swear, there is nothing better in life, then just “sitting” back and watching your kids have fun.  I was a little worried of how Westin would do, sitting in the stroller all day, and so I brought the Bjorn – just in case he needed a break.  But he didn’t need one!  He was so good!  Even when it turned hot and I had both boys in long-sleeved shirts!  We saw the Pig Scramble with most of Heath’s family (and Shannon & Devin & clans) and then we tried to look at all the animals with my parents, grandparents, and all of us kids.  That just didn’t work.  There was just too many of us.  We kept hanging around, waiting for someone…to get out of the bathroom…to get food…etc.  It was a little painful.  All it took was my mother to say, “OK!  Let’s separate!”  Literally, the words weren’t even out of her mouth and we were all gone!  It was so funny.  But we had a great time.  We didn’t do everything, because we knew that we would be coming back the next Sunday too!  We were still there late and didn’t get home until about 10 PM.  The boys were lights out in the car. 

Waiting for the Pig Scramble

Watching it



A familiar sight during the fair

One of twin calves born that morning!

The tractors are always a hit

This was so funny.  Ty pointed, "Oh look!  A zebra!"

You can't tell by this picture, but Westin was trying to touch the ferris wheel!

On Monday, we spent the day unpacking from the weekend.  Well, I was trying to unpack, but the boys had other ideas!  They made major messes instead!  Ty had wanted to get a game out and Westin & Ty both had a blast destroying one of our games.  It really isn’t destroyed, but some are the cards are a bit bent. Then they moved to the Tupperware cabinet.  They threw all the Tupperware out of the cabinet and then both of them climbed inside the cabinet and played in there together!  It was pretty cute.  It is so fun to see them playing together now!  We went to the pharmacies that afternoon and Heath met us at Rite Aid again.  Then we went to DQ and had a little dessert before supper!


Picture taken by Tyson - not bad

Trying to get a good shot of them


Too bad Ty looks drugged



Tuesday I worked and Mom, Nanny & Papa came to baby-sit.  The cutest thing happened when I was putting Ty down for his nap.  We were singing “Rock –a-Bye Baby,” as we always do before he goes down for a nap.  Part of the way through, he cupped my face in his hands and said, “Wait. Wait.  Mama, start over.”  Then he wanted to sing it “his way.”  I don’t even know how to describe what “his way” is.  He raps it, while whipping his head from side to side to the beat.  You would have to see it.  It really doesn’t make sense to try to explain it.  But it is very cute. 

Wednesday we laid low at home.  The day I had been dreading had come.  Tyson is now asking, “Why?” to nearly every single statement that I make.  I knew the “whys” would be coming, but I don’t think you are ever prepared for it!  It can be a little exhausting to answer “why” all the time, to things you don’t even know how to explain!  Something else that was a little annoying was Westin’s screaming.  He woke Ty up from his nap.  It is usually the other way around – Tyson being loud and waking Westin up.  Guess it was pay back.

On Thursday I thought I would try out grocery shopping on this day instead of Friday.  I can’t even begin to tell you how many less people were at the store on Thursday!  I definitely want to keep going on Thursdays, but I work next Thursday, so the official change will have to wait a week!  Something funny with Ty happened, but I can’t remember the whole scenario.  He had done something that warranted a spanking and he tried to do the manipulating, “I love you” thing again, but I wasn’t going to fall for that twice.  I told him that he needed the spanking and he said, “Just a little spanking, Mama.”  Then he must have thought that I needed a demonstration and he spanked his own leg and then said, “You a bad boy (which I never say, so I don’t know where he is getting that).”  If that wasn’t funny enough, he looked over at me and said, “Ty like little spanking!”  Oh my.  Thursday night we went to the OG with Adam and my parents.  We surprised my dad with pumpkin cheesecake for his birthday (which was the next day) and we had a lovely time.  That’s about it.  Have a great week!  

Eating the coaster at the OG (he got a huge chunk off too)

RANDOM PICS/VIDEOS

Notice him standing on the walker - doesn't it look like he is ready to do the balance beam?






One of the cutest videos I have seen in awhile 



No comments: