"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Tuesday, November 1, 2011

First Birthday, First Hayride, & First Haircut

Week 52

Last Friday started Ty's 52th week with a busy day.  Ty and I spent the majority of the day packing for the weekend (big surprise, right).  Why it takes hours is beyond me - but I do fit in 2 naps and 2 mealtimes with Ty (with diaper changes in between)... so I guess that's where some of that time goes.  We also had to run to the grocery store, too - in the middle of all that!  Because it was Tyson's birthday weekend, I had to pack up all his presents too.  (Not that there were a ton)  But the thing that stunk was that we were all ready to go and meet Heath at work, but one of Ty's presents hadn't arrived yet.  They both were coming from Amazon and one had been delivered and the other one was "out for delivery" according to Amazon's website.  I waited until 4:30 and then left.  I checked later and it had been delivered at 4:45!!!!  Man!  It was actually a present that I had ordered for my parents - so they were bummed that it didn't get there in time.  Anyways, we all made it to Conway in one piece.  We had dinner with the entire Copsey clan, including Finley and Bode - the newest members!  It was the first time we had all been together as our new complete unit!  It was great.  Leigh and Shannon are both in their pre-pregnancy pants again - which beat me by a long shot.  It took me 4 weeks.  Shannon took only 3 weeks and Leigh is a freak of nature and it only took her 3 days.  Are you kidding me?

Cousins hanging together

Nursing party!

3 days?  Really????

Big sister loving on her baby brother

Uncle Heath getting in on the Bode action

Sabbath came and Tyson is officially one years old!  Super exciting!  I can't believe how much this first year has flown.  It is just amazing.  What also is amazing is that we made it to Sabbath School EARLY!!!  So early that we beat the teacher and had to hang in the adult Sabbath school until Cradle Roll opened!  I was back taking Ty again - I told Heath that he could take him again, but he declined this time - maybe all the singing and felts were too much for him!  Ty's bullying ways continued and he grabbed at the pastor's grandson, who is 2 1/2 years old - the poor boy escaped to his mother's lap and remained there the rest of the time!  After church we headed back to my parents and had lunch.  I set Ty up with pieces of macaroni n' cheese and tomato pieces (oh yeah, I did another food challenge and Ty does NOT have an allergy to tomatoes), but he had trouble with feeding himself.  I have been working on that, but it still is not fantastic.  I know that I waited too long to introduce this skill to him, but I have a major phobia about choking.  After lunch, Aunt Lori, Kelly, and Jen arrived to see baby Bode.  Those poor girls have made so many trips up to Conway lately!  Aunt Lori also brought a birthday present for Ty - which he loved.  Then my parents, Sonia, Adam, Mia, Heath, Ty & I left to go to a church social.  We had a bonfire, soups, and a hayride.  We took Ty on his first hayride!!!  It was so cute.  Heath was holding him, wrapped up in a blanket and Ty sang the whole hayride!  Of course the singing is really just humming, but it was so adorable.  He really loved it!  Then we rushed back to my parents' to have Ty's birthday party.  Unfortunately it was after 9 PM when we started and it was about 10:30 PM when we ended.  Just a tad bit past Ty's bedtime!  He had cake for the first time but didn't want anything to do with it at all.  Maybe he isn't going to have his mom's sweet tooth after all!  He was really zoned, obviously - due to the time of night, and there wasn't a lot of smiles to be had.  Well, except when he got his last present.  Grammy & Grampy got him a musical push toy and he went crazy.  He stood right up and just started walking away with it!  He couldn't get enough and just walked (almost running) all over the family room.  He would drive the toy right into a chair or the couch and didn't know how to back up or turn it... so he would then start whining until someone moved the toy for him!  Unreal.  That got old fast  That about sums up Ty's 1st birthday - it was a quite a day!

Ty's birthday Sabbath outfit

Mama & Ty

This is the best family pic we got - not great

Playing in the leaves

Tyson opening Aunt Lori's present

At the church social

Trying to drive the Blakeney's ATV

Ty's party

Look how tired he looks!

His first bite of cake - he wasn't impressed

A gift from Devin, Leigh, Mia & Bode

One of the gifts from us

Loving his push toy

On Sunday Ty woke up and went straight back to his walker toy - he hadn't forgotten about it at all during the night!  But then Uncle Jay & Aunt Amelda came over in the morning and we tried to have Ty model his new walking skills (with the toy), but he got major stage fright and started bawling.  So much for that.  Then Ty & Heath went to his parents' house to help them put siding up on their porch.  Sonia wanted Ty to come over because she hadn't seen him much lately.  I didn't go because I wanted to go to this benefit for Leigh's best friend, Freya.  Freya was in a head-on collision the night that Finley was born.  She has head injuries and has been in a coma - she is going to have a long road of recovery ahead of her and she doesn't have any insurance.  So the benefit was to help raise money.  So all the Copseys (minus Heath & Ty) went out to lunch (portion of the proceeds went to Freya) and participated in a silent auction.  I ended up winning a gift certificate to my favorite bagel shop in North Conway for 2 dozen bagels!  After we were done I caught another ride to Sanbornton with the Frosts.  I got back to an empty house, knowing that the boys wouldn't be back until about 9 PM.  A house all to myself!  I didn't know what to do with myself... no, that's not true - I went couponing!  Of course!  I got some free candy and stocked up on batteries at Walgreens (buy 1 get 2 free).  I got home from the pharmacies and the boys got back about 10 minutes later - good timing!  Ty was, of course, dead to the world and I got him up to bed without any trouble.

Sunday AM, Heath was helping my dad with something and Ty desperately wanted to help

Bode Henry at the benefit

Monday consisted of what else - unpacking from the weekend.  But this time we had all of Ty's presents that he got for his birthday.  Toys have now filled my family room, everywhere you turn there are toys.  I can totally understand why people have 2 family rooms - one for company and one for your kids to trash.  Of course I don't have that luxury and that is hard for me and my OCD.  But I have no choice but embrace our new family room.  It's for Ty, after all.  Shannon and Finley came over in the afternoon and Shannon and I tried to do a kid swap - but it didn't work out too long.  I was holding Finley and I realized that Ty probably needed a diaper change.  Shannon asked Ty like he was really going to answer, "Tyson, did you poop?  Did you poop?"  And Ty looked right at her and tooted quite loudly.  It was so funny - we just about died laughing.  I said, "Ty, Auntie Shannon said 'did you poop?'  She wasn't saying TO poop!"  Monday night was a big night.  First of all, we gave Ty his present from Noni & Poppy that had come in - an ATV!  He loved it!  It lights up, the seat rumbles, and he is able to push it around by a handle in the back.  Then Ty did really great feeding himself pieces of bread and cheese for supper (he had more than that, FYI).  And then the big finale, Ty got his first real haircut!!!!  Heath did it and he did a good job.  My job was to try and keep Ty occupied, which was quite the chore.  He looks so much better!  Ty's hair was so long, it was driving me crazy.  But now his bangs are a bit short.  Shannon said that he looks like Lloyd, from Dumb & Dumber!  It's not that short, but it definitely looks better spiked up again! (=

His ATV from Noni & Poppy

Proud of the good job he did feeding himself

First haircut - look what I had to do to distract him!

On Tuesday our big plan for the day was to go to Goodwill with Shannon and Mom, but that didn't end up happening.  So we didn't do too much - just puttered around the house, doing laundry etc.  Tyson is still completely obsessed with electronics and could have cared less about the new bizillion toys that he has - all he wanted was to use the Ipad that I was working on!  Unreal.    

 Look at all the toys and he only has eyes for the Ipad!

On Wednesday I worked and nothing drastic to report about Tyson.  Same ol' good day with Noni.  Nothing earth-shattering to report about the dumpster dive either... I got 19 inserts!  

On Thursday we had a great day at home, playing with toys, putting laundry away, and dancing.  Ty has really become quite a dancer!  It is so cute.  He bends his knees and bobs up and down!  The first time he did it, I did a double take, like "Is he dancing?"  But he really does it!  In the afternoon it started snowing!  Couldn't believe it and it actually didn't melt on contact!  But that didn't stop us from going to Concord with Adam.  We hit up some stores and then met Shannon, Sean, Linda (Sean's mother), and Finley at the OG.  We had a great time.  I brought our grinder and grinded my minestrone soup and gave it to Ty - and he had some pieces of breadsticks and pasta.  It was great - but I don't know how long we are able to get away with that and not buy Ty food at a restaurant!  I mean, he still only has 1 tooth, so I would think for a bit longer!  Anyways, have a great week!   

 My 1 year old buddy!

No comments: