"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Monday, July 23, 2012

Lake Day, Booster, Scratch, Slap vs Clap & Chasing



21 Months

Last Friday Ty and I had a beach day with some girls from work at my friend’s lake house, just like we did last year.  I didn’t get many pictures because I was so busy chasing Ty around in the water and keeping him off the dock.  It was sad – all the kids were jumping off the dock into the water.  The smaller kids were jumping into their mom’s arms, with the moms holding onto their arms.  But I just can’t do that with Ty right now with his clavicle.  The poor bugger was left out and all he wanted to do was go on the dock and try to get away from me – so he could jump off.  So I had to say that we were done with the dock altogether, which he did not love.  He can not get enough of the water, though – which is great.  I need to find him a floatation shirt or whatever they are called.  I think he’s too young for floaties, but his canoeing/boating lifejacket is way too bulky for the beach.  A lot of the kids were playing with their sand toys and Ty did a bit, but he still hates to get sand on his hands.  It is pretty funny.  We all had a great time – I hope we do it again before the summer ends.  The lake is gorgeous and is like bath water.  Of course Ty missed his nap during all this fun time, so he fell asleep within 5 minutes of the car ride home.  It was only 30 minutes from my house, but I drove to the grocery store and sat in the car for about another 30 minutes until he woke up – so at least he could get an hour nap in.  We were on our own for Friday night supper because Shannon had to work the weekend and they headed up to Conway.  I made apricot meatballs for supper, but forgot a key ingredient – walnuts!!!  How do you have a vegetarian meatball without nuts?  Amazingly, it was not half-bad.  I don’t think I have ever done this before, but I am blaming pregnancy brain.  Of course Ty refused to try any of the meal.


One of my friends called Ty, "The GQ Man"

After the lake, Ty enjoyed a popsicle 

On Sabbath we had a rare Sabbath at home and went to Laconia church.  We went to Sabbath School, but there wasn’t a teacher, so we had a play group instead.  It was very interesting.  There were 2 other mothers there with their sons.  We are all pregnant and all three of us are having boys!  Talk about boy heavy in that church!  Kelly reminded me that I forgot to mention the fact last week that she found out that she is having a boy too!!!!  I am super, super excited about this!  Since we are only 10 days apart, I was really hoping we would have the same sex and we are!  They have already decided on a name - Caleb Steven!!  Showoffs.  We will never agree on a name.  Well, anyways, we survived church with a rambunctious Ty (barely) and went home for lunch.  Ty refused to eat any pasta or pizza for lunch, and then was trying to blow bubbles in his pea soup and completely covered me.  I was not enthused.  Ty took a good 2.5 hour nap in the afternoon and then we went to Winnisquam for swimming and a picnic supper.  Ty finally got his hands dirty a bit playing in the sand with Daddy.  I think it helped that they stayed in the wet, packed sand.  After sundown, we went to Dairy Queen and called it a night.

Swimming with Dad


Finally playing in the sand!

On Sunday Heath was gone all day helping his cousin, Joel, move into the house he just bought.  Ty & I were on our own and he was actually pretty cranky most of the day.  I think he realized that it was a Sunday and that Heath was supposed to be home, but that he was getting jipped.  He threw such a tantrum in his highchair during breakfast that I left the room.  I told him, “Mama is not coming back until you have calmed down.”  Of course it took less than a minute and he was completely calm.  I’m going to have to keep trying that technique because it worked like a charm.  After his nap & lunch, we went to the pharmacies and got free Milky Ways and free toothpaste.  I had a first in my pharmacy trips!  My total at Rite Aid was actually $0.00!  Very exciting!  After the pharmacies we went to Kohl’s and Ty had a bunch of meltdowns.  It was so annoying.  I couldn’t just leave either.  I had $10 of Kohl’s cash that was expiring that day and I had to find something to buy.  I finally figured out a couple of things to get and we high-tailed it out of there.  But not before a couple of people said to Tyson, “Was that you making all that noise?”  Too bad they noticed.  After Ty’s bedtime and Heath got home, we watched the movie “The Grey.”  Pretty good but the ending left something to be desired. 

Ty happy after his meltdown

On Monday I did a full cleaning of the house and, of course, it took me all day.  In fact I was still washing floors at midnight.  It’s just too dangerous to wash the floor when Ty is up – he’ll either slip and hurt himself or he will get all wet because he won’t stay off the floors while they are drying.  When Heath had gotten home, we went to Concord to look at a pop-up camper, which I loved, but Heath was not sold on.  We went to the Mexican restaurant after that and Ty tried a booster seat for the first time, since we were sitting in a booth.  He did pretty well, but I wish it had a seat belt on it.  Booster seats don’t usually have straps, right?  He was up and down constantly, but it was actually better than him carrying on in the highchair because at least he can move somewhat in a booth.

This is what Ty does when I am cleaning

On Tuesday I woke up with the 5th migraine of this pregnancy.  I usually have about 2 migraines a year, but as I have said before, “this child is trying to kill me.”  I get an aura – flashing lights in my vision and I can’t see clearly for awhile and then the migraine hits.  I took Tylenol, the only thing that I can, and tried to rest it off, while watching Ty as he played upstairs.  After a few hours, it went away and Shannon, Mom, the kids & I went to the children’s thrift store that we love in Laconia and the Salvation Army.  Thrift stores are hard with Ty right now – the smaller ones that don’t have carriages.  He runs around non-stop and it’s impossible to actually look for clothes.  Thank goodness I have Mom to help me!  After the stores, Ty & I headed to Valvoline and got an inspection, tire rotation, and oil change for the Outback.  Ty was very good in the waiting room – I brought one of his balls and he kicked it all around the waiting room.  Thank goodness we were alone.  I made a wonderful meal of creamed chicken & peas on rice that again, Tyson would not even try.  I can’t tell you my frustration with this.

These are the kind of things Ty does while I am trying to rest... playing in the bed

Playing in the dog crate

On Wednesday I worked and Ty had a great day with Noni.  She told me that he has become obsessed with this scratch on the kitchen floor that he had made with one of his toys.  He must have showed it to her about 10 times and seemed very concerned about it!  OCD, what can you say?  Another cute thing that happened was that Noni, Ty, Poppy, Shannon & Fin went to Concord to the mall.  They got some ice-cream on the way back and Shannon gave Ty a couple of bites of hers.  He started to get a major sugar high and was dancing like mad in his car seat to the radio on the way home!

Sitting in this little chair - you can actually see the scratch on the floor if you look really hard and it almost looks like he is looking right at the scratch!

On Thursday I woke up with a 6th migraine and ended up having a 7th in the afternoon.  These headaches are killing me.  Tyson did a cute thing during breakfast.  Well, it was and it wasn’t (cute that is).  Ty was acting up again and being inappropriate.  I had already had to slap his hand once when he was throwing food, after I told him not to.  So he was being bad again, and I asked him, “Do you want another hand slapping?”  His response was to enthusiastically clap!!!!  I couldn’t help but bust out laughing.  I said, “Ty, I said, ‘slapping not clappin’!!”  There is a definite difference on that one!  Something that he has started to do is pretty cute but is very tiring and annoying too.  If I say anything to him, like “it’s time to go change your diaper” or “we have to brush your teeth”… he runs from me and wants me to chase him.  Every time I need to do anything with him!  He giggles the whole time he is running, which is cute – but it gets tiring too!  Thursday afternoon, Ty & I ran some errands going to pick up some truck parts for Heath and went to Walmart.  We also tried this kid’s thrift store in Tilton that we had never been to and we cleaned out!  They were having a $1 sale on all yellow tags and I got so much stuff!  I told Shannon about it and said that we would have to go back the next day to get more!  Thursday night we went to the Thai restaurant with the Frosts, Adam & Dad (Mom was in Maine visiting a friend from high school).  The kids did pretty well, but Ty still would not eat any of the food.  Someday he will.  Someday.  Have a great week!









2 comments:

Corey said...

Hahaha! Love the little misunderstanding of the slapping vs. clapping. That is so cute!!

I feel you on the headaches. I had a super bad one for two days that I couldn't get rid of no matter what. And of course, when you're nursing, you're limited on meds too. Totally sucks.

Get to work on the name. We can have fun in Nova Scotia again picking on all Heath's weirdo choices :)

Kelly said...

The picture of Ty's crib looks a lot like the crib we just bought, but not exactly. What kind is it? I'll have to show you a picture of ours. Can't wait to see you in a week!!!