"THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, NOR WILL THERE EVER BE, ANYTHING QUITE SO SPECIAL AS THE LOVE BETWEEN A MOTHER AND A SON." - AUTHOR UNKNOWN


Monday, July 16, 2012

Shower Time, "Apple", "Cracker", Slurping, Stooling, Beach Boy Time, York's Wild Kingdom & Cousin Visit

20 Months & 3 Weeks

I just found out that this is my 100th posting on "Ty Time!"  Shouldn't there be balloons and music or something?? (=

Last Friday Ty and I spent most of the day unpacking after being gone to the Edwards for 2 days.  I felt like I had been unpacking and then repacking for weeks.  I need to be home for awhile!  Seriously.  Tyson did something so funny on Friday morning.  I was in our bedroom and he walked into the bathroom.  A few seconds later I heard the sound of running water and screaming.  I ran into the bathroom and found Tyson standing in the shower, fully clothed in his pajamas, with the shower soaking him to the bone!  Thank goodness he only turned it on as far as the cold water – but probably because it shocked him so badly!  The poor boy was soaked and scared to death!  I wrapped him up and dried him off and he was grinning at me within a few seconds.  I couldn’t help but laugh!  What a rascal!  Well, besides unpacking we went to the grocery store, since we didn’t have a thing in the house.  When Heath got home, we went with the Frosts (and Sean’s brother, Keith) to Lake Winnisquam for swimming and supper, since it was another 90 degree day.  Tyson and Finley were both so excited to go swimming!  They both love the water!  Too bad I forgot my camera again and don’t have any pictures to show you.


Playing around in the morning before the shower incident

I had rubbed a balloon and stuck it on his head... he tried to do it with a football too!

Doesn't he look like he's been caught doing something bad?

On Sabbath I worked and Heath & Ty went to Conway church and then over to the Edwards for a BBQ.  Ty had a good day but Heath told me that he was very attached to him all day.  It continued when they got home at about 10 PM.  Tyson had just woken up when the car stopped and was half-asleep.  He grinned the biggest grin to me when he saw me, coming through the door… but he didn’t want to come to me.  He didn’t want to leave his daddy’s arms.  I tried not to take it personally, but his Daddy obsession is a bit much sometimes.

On Sunday I worked again and Sonia came over, so Heath could get some work done on the bathroom!  Hallelujah!  He finished the tiling for the shower, now he just has to tile the floor – which will be much easier.  Tyson said 2 new words with Sonia on Sunday!  He was very proud to show them off to me when I got home.  “Apple” and “cracker.”  He is saying “apple” all the time now – constantly.  It definitely does not have real meaning yet, but at least he is saying some words!  He didn’t have any problems coming to me on Sunday night.  Gave me big hugs and smiles.  We got pizza take-out and Ty had a whole big slice.


Nothing like cherries all over your face!

Monday I had to do laundry a day early.  I had done laundry early on the Friday before going to campmeeting, so we were really running out of clothes.  We also hit up the pharmacies and scored 5 Garnier products (shampoo, conditioner, gels) that are usually $4.99 each for $0.93 each.  I also got 3 of my favorite Almay eyeliners that are $8 normally for $3 each.  Ty did a couple cute things on Monday, but mostly they were some problem things that he did (big surprise).  The cute thing was that I was at the door calling for Reeses to come inside and was clapping my hands – and who comes up beside me and was clapping his hands away… but Ty!  Very cute.  One of the problem things was that all of a sudden, Tyson decided to start slurping when he eats/drinks.  And, of course, because the slurping makes a noise – he thinks it’s the coolest thing ever.  The slurping leads to food and milk going everywhere.  Fun times.  The really scary thing he did was while I was bringing a load of laundry upstairs.  When I came downstairs, I found Ty sitting on one of our bar stools.  He has now graduated from sitting on our kitchen chairs to climbing onto the bar stools, which are like 4 feet off the ground!!!!  My heart stopped.  I couldn’t believe it.  He was swinging his legs and pounding his hands on the counter – he thought that he was the king of the world.  So scary.  The other problem thing that he did was continued his picky eating.  I made a great homemade mac ‘n’ cheese and Ty refused to even try it.  It really makes my blood boil.  What am I going to do with him?


What a rascal!!!!

On Tuesday, Shannon and Mom wanted to go to the beach but I told them they had to go without me.  I just needed a day to vege and do absolutely nothing.  We had been going non-stop and packing and unpacking… doing errands and laundry… I needed to just stop.  I have been feeling really tired and run down lately.  I thought that I was supposed to have more energy in the 2nd trimester?  I mean, I am back to my 1:30 AM bedtime, but I just can’t keep it up right now.  So Shannon and I just chilled out and Noni stopped by for a visit, but couldn’t take us not doing anything… so she had to go.  There is one thing that we did on Tuesday.  Danced to The Beach Boys!  Shannon put it on the Ipod and Tyson starts dancing like crazy, especially to Surfin’ USA!  It is so cute! 


Dancing to The Beach Boys

Mom brought over some things that Janel gave us - and Ty was very taken with the bicycle helmet!

He was also very excited about one of our baby name books!

On Wednesday I worked and Noni had been double-booked for duty, since Shannon had to work too.  Sonia said she didn’t mind watching Ty, so she did.  They went to York’s Wild Kingdom and Ty had a great time.  Sonia said that he was excited to see all the animals, but especially the ducks!  He does love the ducks.  Forget lions, tigers, and bears… just give the boy some ducks!  Sonia also said that he stalked this 23 month-old little girl that he seemed to have a crush on!  She said that he kept trying to hug her!  I guess he doesn’t know how to play hard to get yet. 

On Thursday, Shannon and Mom came over again and Leigh & Bode came for a visit too!  Leigh’s friend was getting married in Keene that night, so she came to hang out first.  We had a fun relaxing time.  The cousins had fun playing together.  Bode and Finley had a mean game of tug of war over Leigh’s keys that was quite amusing to watch.  Bode was letting Finley just take them from him and then he started to fight back!  So we had a nice visit and then Mom had to go home and Leigh went to the wedding.  Shannon watched Ty while I did a couple fast errands and then when Heath got home, we all went to the OG.  Sean & Keith were up in Lebanon helping out a friend, so Shannon & Finley were on their own.  We had a nice meal and then got Ty a haircut after supper.  His hair was getting so long – but it is much better now!  Have a great week!




    
The Tug of War

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making100!!!!! I love reading your blog and seeing all the pictures. Keep up the excellent reporting of Tyson's life. he is too precious.

Lori said...

Alison, you will be packing again before you know it! Love to read the updates and of course love the pictures. Two more weeks! Can't wait to be all together again.

Kelly said...

I can't believe there is no mention of the fact that you are so excited that I am having a boy just like you!! That is the problem with writing your blog so long after the fact. You forget important details!! Can't wait to see you guys in 2 weeks in Nova Scotia!!!